|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies, considered by the British and native defenders alike to be a hero?
(a) Lieutenant Hargreaves.
(b) Lieutenant Barkley.
(c) Lieutenant Cutter.
(d) Lieutenant Cosgrove.
2. Miriam was called away from the Collector''s bedside to assist Dr. McNab in what kind of operation?
(a) delivery of a baby.
(b) amputation of an arm.
(c) amputation of a leg.
(d) amputation of a foot.
3. Who is shot and dies in Chapter 30?
(a) the Magistrate.
4. Who shot sparrows and made a curry from them?
(a) Mr. Ford.
(b) Mr. Simmons.
(c) Mr. Worseley.
(d) Mr. Rayne.
5. What did Dr. McNab say the Collector suffered from?
(d) scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the ladies battle over in the auction?
2. Who is the mother of the baby who is born and survives in Chapter 23?
3. Why did the Collector sit for a long time contemplating his boots?
4. What kind of treatment mentioned by Dr. McNab alarms the crowd?
5. What finally happened to Harry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What condition does the Collector find Hari in when he visits him in the tiger house?
2. What is wrong with the Collector's health in Chapter 19?
3. What three characters in the novel die in Chapter 18?
4. What is the seeming snow from the sky which causes confusion to the enemy and allows the men to reload their cannons?
5. What desperate measure do the people take out of extreme hunger?
6. What does each person carry with him or her during the cholera epidemic?
7. What does Fleury do for Louise's birthday?
8. Describe the incident of Ram, the sepoy , Fleury and Chloe in Chapter 27.
9. What happens to Harry and Fleury years after the siege?
10. What happens to Ford in Chapter 30 and what falls on the Collector?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)