|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocked the Collector when he looked in the mirror?
(a) Much of his hair had fallen out.
(b) His beard was sprouting red hairs.
(c) His face was covered with red boils.
(d) His teeth were very dark brown.
2. What was used to fan the O'Hanlons back to consciousness?
(a) the Bible.
(b) the Illustrated Calcutta News.
(c) the Illustrated London News.
(d) a poetry magazine.
3. On what date did Mr. Ford warn that signs of an attack were imminent?
(a) September 10th.
(b) September 13th.
(c) September 12th.
(d) September 11th.
4. What fascinates the Magistrate about Lucy?
(a) her popularity with the men.
(b) her breasts.
(c) the back of her head.
(d) her statuesque figure.
5. What happened to cause the sepoy attack to be repulsed?
(a) Native Christians, Eurasians and Sikhs helped the British.
(b) Paperwork from the Cutcherry rained from the sky like snow.
(c) The monsoon rains began, blinding the sepoys.
(d) The superior weaponery of the British prevailed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. McNab think causes cholera?
2. Chloe detects a sepoy, and because Fleury doesn't have his rifle with him, who ends up shooting the sepoy?
3. Who shot sparrows and made a curry from them?
4. What does Hari give the Collector as a parting gift when he is freed?
5. Who is shot and dies in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with the Collector's health in Chapter 19?
2. Dr. McNab calls Miriam to help him in what kind of operation and what is Miriam suffering from in this chapter?
3. Describe the incident of Ram, the sepoy , Fleury and Chloe in Chapter 27.
4. What are some of the desperate measures the people take to obtain food?
5. What condition does the Collector find Hari in when he visits him in the tiger house?
6. What happens to Harry and Fleury years after the siege?
7. What happens on September 12th and why can't the British destroy the enemy's magazine cache?
8. What has happened to the Collector's leather goods and clothing and notepaper?
9. Who arrives at the Residency to announce the rescue and what does he find?
10. At the end of Chapter 29 what does the Collector read about in the phrenology book and what does he eat on the way downstairs?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)