|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Dunstaple makes fun of what native practice that Dr. McNab uses?
(a) rubbing mud into wounds.
(c) bee pollen for the skin.
(d) ants as stitches.
2. What does the Collector help the Padre do?
(a) man the Enfield rifles.
(b) load the canon with metal objects.
(c) dig graves.
3. What was the name of the Collector's English manservant?
4. What smell does the Collector awake to?
(a) the smell of burning bungalows.
(b) the smell of someone cooking wild pig.
(c) the smell of jasmine growing outside his window.
(d) the smell of rotting melons.
5. What animals had lived where Hari and the Prime Minister were now kept?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fleury lecture prince Hari about?
2. What one person besides the poorest natives in Krishnapur ate the melons?
3. Who do Harry and Fleury ride to warn telling them to come to the Residency for safety?
4. What does the Magistrate decide to do for the native Christians during the expected siege?
5. What do the Collector and Miriam take a tour of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who rides out to warn the Indigo farmers to join the others in the Residency and why?
2. What are some military procedures which Harry instructs his men in?
3. What happens in the Collector's study when he returns there?
4. What worry about her brother does Louise confide in Miriam?
5. What are some of the wonders of nature which the Padre mentions while extolling God?
6. What new invention does the Collector contemplate using in the defense of the cantonment and what is it a forerunner of?
7. What smell awakens the Collector in the night?
8. What did the Padre complain about?
9. What new technology does the Collector contemplate and why?
10. Whose birthday is celebrated in Chapter 16 and what does Louise make as a present?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)