|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Fleury tease about her dimples to make Louise jealous?
2. The two giant marble busts that Harry dragged to each side of the cannon were of whom?
(a) Voltaire and Baudelaire.
(b) Aristotle and Homer.
(c) Shakespeare and Hugo.
(d) Plato and Socrates.
3. What does a man ask Harry to do as he passes through a bazaar?
(a) give him directions to the cantonment.
(b) give him some money for food.
(c) help a drunken English lady claiming she wants to kill herself.
(d) help his sick mother to get to a doctor.
4. What do the British call the native servants?
(a) Beast and Grasshopper.
(b) Ape and Dog.
(c) Ant and Monkey.
(d) Fly and Vulture.
5. What does Hari do to further his study of phrenology?
(a) asks the Magistrate to explain prenology to him in detail.
(b) shaves his own head and feels its contours.
(c) shaves the Prime Minister's head and marks it.
(d) writes a paper on what he had read of the subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was shattering the Collector's nerves in Chapter 10?
2. What do the Collector and Miriam take a tour of?
3. Who do Harry and Fleury set out into the town to rescue?
4. Which of the corpses should be buried in a different area than the others?
5. What kind of rifles were propped up against the balustrade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Hari kept and what does he say he'll never do?
2. What did the Padre complain about?
3. What new invention does the Collector contemplate using in the defense of the cantonment and what is it a forerunner of?
4. What animals are lying in the shadows of the church?
5. What three men do the Padre and the Collector have to bury and what is the problem concerning the burial?
6. Who were the new arrivals in Krishnapur in Part 1, Chapter 2 and why were they so warmly welcomed?
7. What kind of father is the Collector? Give examples.
8. Who rides out to warn the Indigo farmers to join the others in the Residency and why?
9. What are some of the Collector's beloved objects in his study?
10. What are some of the wonders of nature which the Padre mentions while extolling God?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)