|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the British men describe the upbringing of rich natives?
(a) as "stoic".
(b) as "thorough".
(c) as "disciplined".
(d) as "effeminate".
2. What do the Padre and Vokins do to help during the siege?
(b) man the rifles.
(c) serve the ammunition.
(d) gather metal objects for the cannon.
3. What is Fleury thinking about as the Padre and the Collector dig graves and argue?
(a) how he acted at the party in front of Louise.
(b) the comparison of the pariah dogs and the domestic dogs.
(c) the seriousness of the siege.
(d) the difference between Protestantism and Catholicism.
4. What were the names of the Collector's daughters who watched him through the telescope?
(a) Grace and Elizabeth.
(b) Eliza and Margaret.
(c) Mary and Lisa.
(d) Elizabeth and Martha.
5. Who had formed the habit of sleeping clasped in each other's arms?
(a) the Collector's two eldest daughters.
(b) Louise and MIriam.
(c) the O'Hanlon sisters.
(d) Dr. and Mrs. Dunstaple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which room was the Collector's favorite room and why?
2. What is the name of the Spaniel traveling with the new British arrivals in the colony?
3. What did the Padre complain about that was being done in the church?
4. What was the physical manifestation of the Collector's grieving mind?
5. Who did Fleury tease about her dimples to make Louise jealous?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maharajah's son, Hari, put on a show of being British?
2. Where is Hari kept and what does he say he'll never do?
3. What are some of the wonders of nature which the Padre mentions while extolling God?
4. What happens to Harry in the bazaar on his journey to Krishnapur?
5. What new invention does the Collector contemplate using in the defense of the cantonment and what is it a forerunner of?
6. What did the Padre complain about?
7. Who were the new arrivals in Krishnapur in Part 1, Chapter 2 and why were they so warmly welcomed?
8. What three men do the Padre and the Collector have to bury and what is the problem concerning the burial?
9. What animals are lying in the shadows of the church?
10. What is Hari interested in and what does he do to the Prime Minister to because of this interest?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)