|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Collector embrace on the stairs?
(d) his daughter Eliza.
2. What is a daguerreotype?
(a) the colony's newspaper.
(b) an early form of photograph.
(c) a daily printed journal.
(d) an early form of printing.
3. Which of the corpses should be buried in a different area than the others?
4. What were the two fat Sikhs chewing in this chapter?
(c) Kabul grapes.
5. What are Barlow and Mohammed ordered to do?
(a) take up positions on the veranda with rifles.
(b) load the cannon.
(c) take up sponge and ramrod.
(d) protect the women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Padre and Vokins do to help during the siege?
2. What does the Collector help the Padre do?
3. Who arrives wounded in Part 1, Chapter 6?
4. What does a man ask Harry to do as he passes through a bazaar?
5. Who goes into labor at the end of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maharajah's son, Hari, put on a show of being British?
2. Who were the new arrivals in Krishnapur in Part 1, Chapter 2 and why were they so warmly welcomed?
3. What does Hari do to Fleury?
4. What new technology does the Collector contemplate and why?
5. Who rides out to warn the Indigo farmers to join the others in the Residency and why?
6. What are the names of the Collector's eldest daughters and what do they do each day which annoys him?
7. What is Hari interested in and what does he do to the Prime Minister to because of this interest?
8. What is the plan Cutter puts into action on July 7th?
9. What does the Padre do during this attack in Chapter 10?
10. What three men do the Padre and the Collector have to bury and what is the problem concerning the burial?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)