|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucy talented at making?
(b) jokes to cheer everyone up.
(c) little cakes with practically no flour.
2. What does the Collector eat at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) a chapatis.
(b) a black beetle.
(c) a handful of dal.
(d) an ant.
3. Lucy had the ingenious idea of hanging a kettle over the fire from the leg of what piece of furniture?
(a) a large gothic chair of oak.
(b) a Victorian chair of maple.
(c) a gothic love seat made rosewood.
(d) a Victorian sofa .
4. What do the community members keep with them at all times during the cholera epidemic?
(a) the Bible.
(b) a card with their preferred doctor written on it.
(c) their Last Will and Testament.
(d) their Birth Certificate.
5. What did Fleury buy from one of the artillery women for ten pounds?
(a) a teaspoonful of tea.
(b) a small jar of honey.
(c) a small piece of horse meat.
(d) a silk handkerchief.
6. What does Fleury find beautiful in the morning in Chapter 30?
(a) the sunrise over the river.
(b) the singing of prayers.
(c) flowers growing near the ramparts.
(d) Louise, his beloved.
7. Where did the ladies stoutly refuse to move to when they were asked to leave the billiard room?
(a) the church.
(b) the banqueting hall.
(c) the stable.
(d) Dr. Dunstaple's house.
8. Who is made the godfather of the child?
(a) the Collector.
(b) Dr. Dunstaple.
(c) the Magistrate.
9. What color were the flags flying in the cantonment in Chapter 25?
(a) Union Jack.
10. Why did the Collector go to the roof of the banqueting hall?
(a) to have a look at the river.
(b) to be alone with his thoughts.
(c) to survey the cantonment.
(d) to get some much needed fresh air.
11. What is the name given to the surviving infant?
12. What sensible idea did Harry Dunstaple come up with?
(a) firing chain shot.
(b) sacrifice a black goat to pacify the natives.
(c) getting all able-bodied men to shovel at the ramparts.
(d) planting the ramparts with foliage to secure them.
13. What did the Collector shout from the window while watching the siege?
(a) Charge men, charge the sepoys!
(b) Let us have tea on the lawn again!
(c) Long live Britain, long live the Queen!
(d) Man the canons, soldiers!
14. Who dies, considered by the British and native defenders alike to be a hero?
(a) Lieutenant Cutter.
(b) Lieutenant Cosgrove.
(c) Lieutenant Hargreaves.
(d) Lieutenant Barkley.
15. What did Dr. McNab say the Collector suffered from?
(d) scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Collector gets old he rarely stirs from his club located where?
2. What was bothering the Padre as he read aloud from the Bible?
3. Why can't the British destroy the enemy's magazine cache?
4. How did Dr. McNab treat the Collector's inflamed eye?
5. What was used to fan the O'Hanlons back to consciousness?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)