|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyz say Travis Dooley’s profession is in Chapter 33?
2. Who comes to do Sia’s makeup before the Oscars in Chapter 28?
3. How much is the check for that Alyz’s drunken director friend gives to Sia for the Red Cross in Chapter 31?
4. When does Sia’s father say she changed from the happy, curious kid she had been to the young woman Sia grew into in Chapter 25?
5. Sia’s picture is on the front page of what publication that Roberta rushes up with in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kyle respond when he learns that Sia’s memory has come back in Chapter 41?
2. What exchange takes place between Sia and Amber on the road to San Francisco in Chapter 39?
3. What do Sia and her parents learn about the earthquake once it ends in Chapter 22?
4. What does Amber say to Sia when she encounters her outside the restroom in Chapter 38?
5. What does Travis Dooley tell Sia when they meet in Chapter 33? How does Sia respond?
6. What idea does Alyz present to Sia in Chapter 24? What leads Alyz to this idea?
7. What is the focus of Sia’s history class in Chapter 23? Why is Kyle’s name brought up in the class?
8. Whom does Alyz send Kyle to speak to for donations at the party in Chapter 31? Whom does she take Sia to meet at this time?
9. What do Sia and Carol talk about in Chapter 27? How does Sia feel when she leave’s Carol’s new apartment?
10. How does Sia’s father respond when she presents him with Alyz’s idea in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Carol in the novel. How old is Carol? How does the narrator describe Carol’s appearance? Why do you think Carol attempts to help Sia?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of appearances in the novel. What are examples of symbolism and imagery that support this theme? How do you think Sia’s perceptions have changed regarding appearances following her amnesia?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the character of Kyle Barrow in the novel. Why does Kyle appear to dislike Sia? Why does Kyle follow Sia to the bridge? How does Kyle differ from Sia’s friends and her boyfriend?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)