|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reaches across the table and pats Sia’s arm as if to congratulate her for raising so much money in Chapter 26?
2. What does Sia say Stacy stops by the donation table to donate in Chapter 34?
3. Who does Sia’s father go to call at the end of Chapter 34?
4. How much money does Sia say Kyle collected from the television show actresses of a hit series in Chapter 32?
5. What is the name of the retired supermodel from Romania that Sia visits as she seeks donations in her neighborhood in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sia remark about Alyz and her behavior at the party in Chapter 32?
2. Where does Alyz send Sia and Kyle as she talks to her friends in Chapter 32? What do they do?
3. Where does Sia go after school in Chapter 24? How successful is Sia in her objective?
4. What is Sia’s response to Amber’s confrontation outside the restroom in Chapter 38?
5. What is the focus of Sia’s history class in Chapter 23? Why is Kyle’s name brought up in the class?
6. What outcome has come about regarding Sia’s parents’ film company in the Epilogue?
7. What does Kyle tell Sia in the beginning of Chapter 33? How does Sia respond?
8. What note do Sia and Stacy find amongst the donations in Chapter 36? What does the note say?
9. Whom does Alyz take Sia to meet with after they leave the dance floor in Chapter 31? How successful is this meeting?
10. Whom does Alyz send Kyle to speak to for donations at the party in Chapter 31? Whom does she take Sia to meet at this time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the characters of Raymond and Janet Holloway in the novel. How do Sia’s parents respond when she calls them “mom” and “dad”? Why? What does this tell you about their past relationship with Sia?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the condition of fugue amnesia. What are the causes, treatments and prognosis for this disorder? What treatment does the doctor suggest Sia undertake?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of forgiveness in Sia. How does Sia learn in the course of the novel to forgive both others and herself? How does this theme apply to the other main characters in the story?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)