|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sia say to Kyle to stop him from walking away from her after her memories have come flooding back in Chapter 41?
2. What has Beatriz just made when Sia runs in the door after school in the beginning of Chapter 24?
3. Who does Sia’s father go to call at the end of Chapter 34?
4. What is the name of the retired supermodel from Romania that Sia visits as she seeks donations in her neighborhood in Chapter 24?
5. Who is riding in the front of the truck with Kyle and Sia on the “first shift” in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Sia and Kyle go after the Academy Awards in Chapter 30? How does Sia respond to this setting?
2. What does Travis Dooley tell Sia when they meet in Chapter 33? How does Sia respond?
3. Whom does Alyz take Sia to meet with after they leave the dance floor in Chapter 31? How successful is this meeting?
4. What do Sia and Carol talk about in Chapter 27? How does Sia feel when she leave’s Carol’s new apartment?
5. Where does Sia go after school in Chapter 24? How successful is Sia in her objective?
6. How does Sia’s mother respond to the news that Sia will attend the Oscars in Chapter 25?
7. Whom does Alyz send Kyle to speak to for donations at the party in Chapter 31? Whom does she take Sia to meet at this time?
8. How does Sia’s father respond when she presents him with Alyz’s idea in Chapter 25?
9. How does Sia’s mother appear when Sia and her father first see her at the rehab clinic in Chapter 21? What does Sia’s mother say of her time there?
10. What does Amber say to Sia when she encounters her outside the restroom in Chapter 38?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sia’s “first impressions” of her friends Amber and Stacy in Chapters 9 and 10. How does Sia characterize their manner of speaking? Do you think that Amber and Stacy are multi-dimensional characters? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the characters of Bill and Beth in the narrative. How are the appearances of these characters described? What does Sia assume about these characters when she first encounters them? What is the apparent reality of Bill and Beth?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the narrative point of view of Sia. Is the novel related from a first, second, or third person perspective? Is the narrator involved in the action of the story? How would the novel differ if it were related from a different perspective?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)