|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Kyle say he has in Chapter 16?
2. What meal is served for Sia and her mother when Sia comes down from her room in Chapter 9?
3. What color is the jogging outfit that the narrator awakens in on the park bench in Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of the doctor that speaks with Sia when she first awakens in the hospital in Chapter 7?
5. What is Sia’s father’s name in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sia’s mother respond when Sia asks her why they are so wealthy in Chapter 9?
2. Why is Sia’s father upset in the beginning of Chapter 17? How does Sia respond to the situation?
3. What leads up to the conflict between Duke and Kyle in Chapter 18?
4. How does the doctor at the hospital describe Sia’s condition and its cause in Chapter 7?
5. How much money does Sia’s mother give her for lunch in Chapter 11? How does Sia respond?
6. Whom does Sia encounter at the food trucks in Chapter 2? What does this character offer to buy Sia?
7. What motivates Sia to ask John to take her to the soup kitchen in Chapter 13? How does John respond?
8. What conflict is taking place when Sia awakens in Chapter 6? What does Sia do?
9. Whom does Sia see and recognize in her class in Chapter 12? How is this character described by Sia’s friends?
10. Where does Sia ask John to take her after school in Chapter 20? How does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Alyz in the novel. How old is Alyz? What was her former profession? What is her current profession? Why do you think Alyz wants to help Sia?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the setting of Beverly Hills High in the novel. How many students attend this school? How are the different cliques described? Do you think this school and the dynamics within it are similar to your own school setting? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Carol in the novel. How old is Carol? How does the narrator describe Carol’s appearance? Why do you think Carol attempts to help Sia?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)