|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who serves Sia at the bakery in Chapter 14?
2. By what name does Sia’s mother introduce herself in Chapter 7?
3. How much money does Sia’s mother give her “for lunch” in Chapter 11?
4. What does Carol offer to Sia to use as a blanket in Chapter 3?
(a) A ragged dress.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A winter coat.
(d) A shawl.
5. What does Amber say Kyle’s last name is in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the maid who works at Sia’s home?
2. What kind of car does Sia’s mother drive Sia home from the hospital in, in Chapter 8?
3. What kind of vehicle does Kyle drive in Chapter 16?
4. Where does Carol say she’s gotten a job in Chapter 20?
5. What does Carol say happened to her husband in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Carol’s response when Sia asks her how she came to be homeless in Chapter 6?
2. Whom does Sia encounter at the bakery in Chapter 14? What does Sia order there?
3. Why is Sia’s father upset in the beginning of Chapter 17? How does Sia respond to the situation?
4. What does Carol teach Sia in Chapter 5? What does Carol tell Sia about finding work?
5. How much money does Sia’s mother give her for lunch in Chapter 11? How does Sia respond?
6. Whom does Sia encounter at the food trucks in Chapter 2? What does this character offer to buy Sia?
7. What does Sia learn about her past behavior from the other characters at the bakery in Chapter 14? How does Sia respond to this information?
8. What clues indicate to Sia where she is located in Chapter 1? Why does Sia not go to the police, considering her condition?
9. What exchange takes place between Sia and Duke in Chapter 19? How do the onlookers respond?
10. What danger does Sia encounter in Chapter 15? Who appears to intervene on Sia’s account?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)