|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sia buy from the bakery before she leaves to take to the homeless people under the bridge in Chapter 14?
(a) A dozen sandwiches.
(b) A bag of bread.
(c) A bag of pastries.
(d) A bag of flour.
2. Where does Carol take Sia to clean up in Chapter 5?
(a) A public bathroom.
(b) A hotel bathroom.
(c) A bookstore bathroom.
(d) Her cousin’s house.
3. What does Beatriz serve Sia for breakfast in the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Blueberry pancakes.
(b) Strawberry waffles with honey.
(d) French cinnamon crepes.
4. Sia sees a sign as she leaves the park in Chapter 1 that informs her more about her surroundings. What stadium does the sign indicate the entrance for?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) Madison Square Garden.
(c) Giants Stadium.
(d) Dodger Stadium.
5. What does the doctor say Sia’s last name is in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sia’s father tells Sia’s mother in Chapter 17 that if she doesn’t seek treatment for her drinking problem, he will do what?
2. What time is it when Sia and Kyle make it back to the bakery in Chapter 16?
3. Where does Beatriz say she’s from in Chapter 13?
4. Carol’s advice to Sia in the end of Chapter 20 is to “Look for opportunities to show people” what?
5. What does Sia tell Duke in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What motivates Sia to ask John to take her to the soup kitchen in Chapter 13? How does John respond?
2. What encounter takes place when Sia and Carol are cleaning up in the bathroom in Chapter 5?
3. How does Sia’s mother respond when Sia asks her why they are so wealthy in Chapter 9?
4. Who greets Sia when she awakens in the hospital in Chapter 7? What does Sia relate to this character?
5. What exchange takes place between Sia and Duke in Chapter 19? How do the onlookers respond?
6. What is the result of Sia’s confrontation with her mother in Chapter 17?
7. Whom does Sia see and recognize in her class in Chapter 12? How is this character described by Sia’s friends?
8. Whom does Sia encounter at the bakery in Chapter 14? What does Sia order there?
9. How much money does Sia’s mother give her for lunch in Chapter 11? How does Sia respond?
10. How is Sia’s mother described when Sia first observes her in Chapter 13?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)