|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sia is greeted by her friends in the beginning of Chapter 10, she notes that they repeat what phrase “as if they are the only three words in her vocabulary”?
(a) “Look at you.”
(b) “She’s so great.”
(c) “Oh my God.”
(d) “Where’s my phone?”
2. What kind of car does Sia have in the novel?
(a) A bright pink Corvette.
(b) A black Humvee.
(c) A red BMW convertible.
(d) A dark green Honda Accord.
3. Sia sees a sign as she leaves the park in Chapter 1 that informs her more about her surroundings. What stadium does the sign indicate the entrance for?
(a) Madison Square Garden.
(b) Dodger Stadium.
(c) Yankee Stadium.
(d) Giants Stadium.
4. For how long does Beatriz say Sia’s mother “has been drinking like this” in Chapter 13?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) Three years.
5. How many siblings does Sia have in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stranger who offers to buy Sia food from the food truck in Chapter 2?
2. Duke tells Sia in Chapter 10 that they have known each other since they were in what grade?
3. How long ago does Kyle say his father started the bakery in Chapter 16?
4. What is the name of the bakery that Sia stops into for bread in Chapter 14?
5. to whom does Sia give her telephone number to pass on to Carol in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to the conflict between Duke and Kyle in Chapter 18?
2. What is the result of Sia’s confrontation with her mother in Chapter 17?
3. Where does Sia ask John to take her after school in Chapter 20? How does he respond?
4. What does Sia learn about her past behavior from the other characters at the bakery in Chapter 14? How does Sia respond to this information?
5. How much money does Sia’s mother give her for lunch in Chapter 11? How does Sia respond?
6. What does Carol teach Sia in Chapter 5? What does Carol tell Sia about finding work?
7. What exchange takes place between Sia and Duke in Chapter 19? How do the onlookers respond?
8. What is Carol’s response when Sia asks her how she came to be homeless in Chapter 6?
9. What danger does Sia encounter near the food trucks in Chapter 2? How does Sia respond to the situation?
10. How is Sia’s mother described when Sia first observes her in Chapter 13?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)