|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sia’s history teacher that greets her in Chapter 12?
(a) Mr. James.
(b) Mr. Barrow.
(c) Mr. Saunders.
(d) Mr. Anderson.
2. What food item does the stranger suggest that Sia get from the food truck in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) A gyro.
(b) A teriyaki burrito.
(c) Chicken quesadilla.
(d) A chocolate taco.
3. What is Amber’s last name in the novel?
(d) Van de Camp.
4. Carol’s advice to Sia in the end of Chapter 20 is to “Look for opportunities to show people” what?
(a) “What you can do.”
(b) “Who you are now.”
(c) “That you’re worth it.”
(d) “How intelligent you are.”
5. What are the names of Kyle’s friends from the bakery that Sia passes on her way to the empty desk in history class in Chapter 19?
(a) Alyz and Tito.
(b) Duke and Peter.
(c) Roberta and Tiff.
(d) Amber and Jeff.
6. What does Beatriz serve Sia for breakfast in the beginning of Chapter 11?
(b) French cinnamon crepes.
(c) Strawberry waffles with honey.
(d) Blueberry pancakes.
7. What kind of car does the stranger have who buys Sia food from the food truck in Chapter 2?
(a) A red BMW convertible.
(b) A black Cadillac.
(c) A silver Aston Martin.
(d) A blue Range Rover.
8. How long ago does Kyle say his father started the bakery in Chapter 16?
(a) 30 years ago.
(b) 20 years ago.
(c) 5 years ago.
(d) 10 years ago.
9. What does Sia buy from the bakery before she leaves to take to the homeless people under the bridge in Chapter 14?
(a) A bag of pastries.
(b) A bag of bread.
(c) A bag of flour.
(d) A dozen sandwiches.
10. What is Stacy’s last name in the novel?
(c) Van de Camp.
11. Who serves Sia at the bakery in Chapter 14?
12. Sia sees a sign as she leaves the park in Chapter 1 that informs her more about her surroundings. What stadium does the sign indicate the entrance for?
(a) Giants Stadium.
(b) Dodger Stadium.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) Yankee Stadium.
13. For how long does Beatriz say Sia’s mother “has been drinking like this” in Chapter 13?
(a) Three years.
(b) A year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
14. What word from Chapter 17 refers to the state of being too terrified to move or think?
15. What was the name of Carol’s husband prior to her homelessness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stranger’s niece who is sitting in his car after he has bought Sia a meal from the food truck in Chapter 2?
2. When Sia is left alone with her mother in Chapter 17, she asks her to commit to going to a rehab center for how long?
3. How many years ago does Sia’s mother say the film Crossbones was produced in Chapter 11?
4. What is the name of the maid who works at Sia’s home?
5. What does Sia’s mother do when she comes out of the house as Sia arrives home in the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)