|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sia pick up to use as a self-defense weapon before she falls asleep under the bridge in Chapter 2?
(a) A glass bottle.
(b) A knife.
(c) A metal curtain-rod.
(d) A tin can.
2. Who serves Sia at the bakery in Chapter 14?
3. What are the names of Kyle’s friends from the bakery that Sia passes on her way to the empty desk in history class in Chapter 19?
(a) Alyz and Tito.
(b) Roberta and Tiff.
(c) Amber and Jeff.
(d) Duke and Peter.
4. Where does Kyle say Carol can meet Sia after school if she wants to talk in Chapter 18?
(a) Ascot Hills Park.
(b) Griffith Park.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Elysian Park.
5. Sia says in Chapter 6 that Tito can’t be older than what age?
6. For how long does Beatriz say Sia’s mother “has been drinking like this” in Chapter 13?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
7. What is Amber’s last name in the novel?
(d) Van de Camp.
8. What month does Sia say it is in Chapter 6?
9. What is Sia’s mother’s response when Sia asks her in Chapter 9, “Why are we so wealthy?”
(a) “We own a film company.”
(b) “We robbed a bank.”
(c) “Your father inherited it.”
(d) “We own a banking company.”
10. What logo is on the t-shirt that Kyle is wearing when he approaches Sia at school in Chapter 18?
(a) A Star Wars logo.
(b) A Nike logo.
(c) A Coca Cola logo.
(d) A Batman logo.
11. How long ago does Duke say it was when he asked Sia out on their first date in Chapter 10?
(a) A year ago.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) Four months ago.
(d) Six months ago.
12. What color are Kyle’s eyes described as in Chapter 18?
13. What is on the screen of the iPod when the narrator first looks at it after awakening on the park bench in Chapter 1?
(a) “Duke’s Playlist.”
(b) “Amber’s Playlist.”
(c) “Sia’s Playlist.”
(d) “Stacy’s Playlist.”
14. What does Beatriz serve Sia for breakfast in the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) French cinnamon crepes.
(b) Blueberry pancakes.
(c) Strawberry waffles with honey.
15. Where does Beatriz say she’s from in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Sia and Kyle make it back to the bakery in Chapter 16?
2. What vehicle propels toward Sia after she flees the soup kitchen in Chapter 6?
3. Sia’s father tells Sia’s mother in Chapter 17 that if she doesn’t seek treatment for her drinking problem, he will do what?
4. What is Sia’s father’s name in the novel?
5. How long ago does Kyle say his father started the bakery in Chapter 16?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)