|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carol say true friendship is in Chapter 20?
(a) “True friendship is when two friends can walk in opposite directions, yet remain side by side.”
(b) “True friendship is when you don’t doubt that someone always has your back.”
(c) “True friendship is when you tell the other person the complete and unadulterated truth at all times.”
(d) “True friendship is when you’re willing to lay your life down for another person.”
2. Sia says in Chapter 6 that Tito can’t be older than what age?
3. What is the name of the peddler that Carol takes Sia to in order to sell Sia’s iPod in Chapter 4?
4. What color is the jogging outfit that the narrator awakens in on the park bench in Chapter 1?
5. What does Sia buy from the bakery before she leaves to take to the homeless people under the bridge in Chapter 14?
(a) A bag of pastries.
(b) A dozen sandwiches.
(c) A bag of flour.
(d) A bag of bread.
6. What is Amber’s last name in the novel?
(d) Van de Camp.
7. Where does Carol tell Sia they will go to find Sia some more appropriate clothes to wear in Chapter 4?
(a) The Central Valley Mall.
(b) J.C. Penney.
(c) The Salvation Army.
8. Carol’s advice to Sia in the end of Chapter 20 is to “Look for opportunities to show people” what?
(a) “Who you are now.”
(b) “How intelligent you are.”
(c) “That you’re worth it.”
(d) “What you can do.”
9. What does the doctor say Sia’s last name is in Chapter 7?
10. Where does Carol take Sia to clean up in Chapter 5?
(a) A public bathroom.
(b) Her cousin’s house.
(c) A bookstore bathroom.
(d) A hotel bathroom.
11. What kind of car does the stranger have who buys Sia food from the food truck in Chapter 2?
(a) A blue Range Rover.
(b) A black Cadillac.
(c) A red BMW convertible.
(d) A silver Aston Martin.
12. What kind of vehicle does Kyle drive in Chapter 16?
(a) A limousine.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A Humvee.
(d) A convertible sedan.
13. Sia’s mother tells her as they eat in Chapter 9 that Sia has always wanted to be what?
(a) An actress.
(b) An astronaut.
(c) A professional surfer.
(d) An English professor.
14. Where does Carol lead Sia to get food in the morning when they awaken in Chapter 4?
(a) To a Catholic church.
(b) To a dumpster behind a bakery.
(c) To a soup kitchen.
(d) To a McDonald’s.
15. What time is it when Sia and Kyle make it back to the bakery in Chapter 16?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Sia’s mother give her “for lunch” in Chapter 11?
2. What does Carol say she did as a job when she was married and before she became homeless in Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of the neurologist that Sia is recommended to visit after she leaves the hospital in Chapter 7?
4. What is the name of the bakery that Sia stops into for bread in Chapter 14?
5. Where does Carol say Tito used to teach in Chapter 4?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)