|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is a mistake.
(b) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
(c) He thinks it is a negative sign.
(d) He thinks it is a positive sign.
2. What do the doctors tell Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 3?
(a) That he needs to be re-examined next month.
(b) That he must stay for further testing.
(c) That he is dismissed.
(d) That he needs to be re-examined next week.
3. What does Ann deny in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That she has been talking with doctors.
(b) That she has spoken to Charlotte.
(c) That she is trying to have Jim committed.
(d) That she has exaggerated the suicide attempt.
4. What starts as Act 2 ends?
(a) A conversation between two doctors.
(b) The music in the background.
(c) A conversation between two patients.
(d) A car's engine outside of the hospital.
5. What is Jim doing at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Staring out the window.
(c) Playing a game.
(d) Sitting by the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
2. What is the patient doing as they are taken out in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. According to Harry, who is Jim's only chance to be released from the hospital?
4. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)