|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman he wants to do in the last scene?
(a) Go back to his room.
(b) Go to "seven."
(c) Go home and recover.
(d) Go to another hospital.
2. Who does Ann tell Jim she has spoken with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Miss Wingate.
(b) Dr. Bellman.
(c) Dr. Barrow.
(d) Dr. Schlesinger.
3. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants to die.
(b) That he wants a doctor.
(c) That he wants Charlotte.
(d) That he wants a cigarette.
4. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
5. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) For three hours.
(b) For one hour.
(c) On and off since the day before.
(d) Since he was brought into the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
2. Among the various different patient types Jim meets in the beginning of Act 2, how do some of them seem to him?
3. What does Ann tell Dr. Bellman in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. According to Gregory, what is the patient's responsibility to prove?
5. What does Dr. Bellman give Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 2?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)