|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) He has cooperated with some, not with others.
(b) He has cooperated with everyone except Ann.
(c) He has cooperated with everyone.
(d) He has not cooperated with anyone.
2. What starts as Act 2 ends?
(a) The music in the background.
(b) A conversation between two patients.
(c) A conversation between two doctors.
(d) A car's engine outside of the hospital.
3. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
(a) That she wants a divorce.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she is paying for the doctor bills.
(d) That she has called his family.
4. What does Dr. Bellman keep in the last scene of the play?
(a) Charlotte's letters to Jim.
(b) His promise to Ann.
(c) Jim's letters to Charlotte.
(d) His promise to Harry.
5. Who is also invited to the conversation that is happening in the very beginning of the second scene in Act 3?
(a) Dr. Schlesinger.
(b) George O'Brien.
(d) Jim's students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
2. What does Jim learn about the monitoring system from the other patients in Act 2?
3. As Act 3, Scene 2 concludes, what is the consensus of the doctors?
4. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
5. As the first scene in Act 3 ends, what will Jim always be in, according to Harry?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)