|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the doctors questioning Jim about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The sincerity of his feelings for Ann.
(b) His anger issues.
(c) The sincerity of his desire to leave the hospital.
(d) His forgetfulness.
2. When was Jim's last play?
(a) Several months ago.
(b) A few weeks ago.
(c) Several years ago.
(d) A year ago.
3. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
(b) They are on strike.
(c) It is Thanksgiving.
(d) There is a flu epidemic.
4. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
(a) Tuesday morning.
(b) Wednesday morning.
(c) Wednesday evening.
(d) Tuesday evening.
5. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that Ann needed?
(b) A job.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of test do the doctors give Jim in the second scene of Act 3?
2. Who is Miss Cardell?
3. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
4. What does Jim reveal to the doctor about Ann in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. According to Gregory, what is the patient's responsibility to prove?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)