|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Late morning.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) At night.
(d) Early in the morning.
2. What is Ann reluctant to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Leave Jim and Harry alone.
(b) Ask Jim about his outburst.
(c) Talk to the doctors about Jim's condition.
(d) Tell Jim about Charlotte.
3. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
(a) Why she didn't bring the letter with her.
(b) If there are any explanations for Charlotte.
(c) If there are any explanations for suicide.
(d) If she has a copy of it.
4. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
(a) That she wants a divorce.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she has called his family.
(d) That she is paying for the doctor bills.
5. As the first scene in Act 3 ends, what will Jim always be in, according to Harry?
(a) Ann's debt.
(b) A difficult financial situation.
(c) Ann's custody.
(d) Trouble with the doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
2. What does Ann tell Jim about the theater job in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What reason does Jim give Dr. Bellman for his suicide attempt?
4. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)