|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
(a) That he is restricted from talking to the other patients.
(b) That he is not really in a hospital.
(c) That he is in the psychiatric building.
(d) That he must follow the doctor's instructions or he will be placed in a straight jacket.
2. As the first scene in Act 3 ends, what will Jim always be in, according to Harry?
(a) A difficult financial situation.
(b) Trouble with the doctors.
(c) Ann's custody.
(d) Ann's debt.
3. Where is one of the other patients sent in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To "seven."
(b) To the state hospital.
(c) To the doctor's office.
(d) To the psychiatric ward.
4. Who does Ann tell Jim she has spoken with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Miss Wingate.
(b) Dr. Schlesinger.
(c) Dr. Barrow.
(d) Dr. Bellman.
5. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
(a) Dessert for a friend.
(b) Theater tickets for a friend.
(c) Dinner for a friend.
(d) A gift for a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
2. Who is Miss Cardell?
3. What does Jim tell Ann he is afraid of?
4. What is the state of some of the other patients Jim encounters in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is Jim warned about after his "violent" outburst?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)