|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) Since he was brought into the hospital.
(b) On and off since the day before.
(c) For three hours.
(d) For one hour.
2. Who is the Miss Hansen?
(a) The student nurse.
(b) A doctor.
(c) The head nurse.
(d) A psychologist.
3. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
(b) That Jim really does like life.
(c) That she really does want to divorce him.
(d) That she loves Jim.
4. What does Jim tell Ann he is afraid of?
(a) Being sent to the psychiatric ward.
(b) Being sent home with her.
(c) Being sent to "seven."
(d) Never seeing Charlotte again.
5. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is a negative sign.
(b) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
(c) He thinks it is a mistake.
(d) He thinks it is a positive sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Bellman unable to give Jim as Act 2, Scene 2 ends?
2. How many days have passed since the previous scene as the third scene in Act 1 begins?
3. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
5. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)