|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
(a) That he will forget about Charlotte.
(b) That he will sign the divorce papers.
(c) That he will finally tell her who Charlotte is.
(d) That he will want to heal their marriage.
2. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She becomes hysterical.
(b) She refuses to believe it.
(c) She is silent.
(d) She becomes angry at the doctor.
3. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
(a) A needle.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A pencil.
4. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To tell him about his hospital stay.
(b) To recount the days leading up to his suicide attempt.
(c) To recount his suicide attempt.
(d) To tell him about the letter.
5. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(b) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(c) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(d) His inability to write his next play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim inform Ann of in the third scene of Act 1?
2. How many days have passed before Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What are some of the other patients doing in the background of the final scene in Act 2?
4. What does Jim refuse to discuss with Dr. Bellman in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)