|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jim Downs brought into the hospital?
(a) He is carried by two ambulance drivers.
(b) In a wheelchair.
(c) He walks in assisted by his wife.
(d) On a gurney.
2. In what way does Jim eventually respond to Dr. Bellman's first request?
(a) He requests to talk to a supervisor.
(b) He complies.
(c) He refuses to comply.
(d) He berates the doctor.
3. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(b) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(c) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
(d) That she tried to kill Jim.
4. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
(a) That she is paying for the doctor bills.
(b) That she has called his family.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she wants a divorce.
5. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim agree to in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
3. What does Ann deny in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
5. What reason does Jim give Dr. Bellman for his suicide attempt?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)