|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To recount his suicide attempt.
(b) To tell him about his hospital stay.
(c) To tell him about the letter.
(d) To recount the days leading up to his suicide attempt.
2. Among the various different patient types Jim meets in the beginning of Act 2, how do some of them seem to him?
3. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) He has cooperated with some, not with others.
(b) He has cooperated with everyone.
(c) He has cooperated with everyone except Ann.
(d) He has not cooperated with anyone.
4. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) On and off since the day before.
(b) For one hour.
(c) For three hours.
(d) Since he was brought into the hospital.
5. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is a wreck.
(b) It is over.
(c) It is horrible.
(d) It is a mess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim learn about the monitoring system from the other patients in Act 2?
2. Who is Dr. Bellman?
3. What does Grosberg tell Jim that some other patients do not need in order to be released?
4. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
5. What does Miss Wingate tell Jim to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)