|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim learn about Ann as the third scene in Act 2 ends?
(a) That she could have him released.
(b) That she has threatened Charlotte.
(c) That she has spoken with Charlotte.
(d) That she wants him to be released.
2. What is the fear that the other patients have of "seven"?
(a) Being kept from there.
(b) Being left alone there.
(c) Being unintentionally transferred there.
(d) Being sent there.
3. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
(a) He tells her that he does not want her money.
(b) He tells her that he does not want a divorce.
(c) He tells her that he does not want her love.
(d) He tells her that he does not want his family there.
4. What causes Jim to lose his patience in the last scene in Act 2?
(a) His question is not answered.
(b) He cannot get to sleep.
(c) He wants a cigarette.
(d) He is starting to forget things.
5. What does Ann realize as she enters in the fifth scene of Act 1?
(a) Jim's conversation with Dr. Schlesinger.
(b) Jim's conversation with Miss Hansen and Miss Cardell.
(c) Jim's conversation with Dr. Barrow.
(d) Jim's conversation with Mr. Fleming and Grosberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
2. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. What reason does Jim give Dr. Bellman for his suicide attempt?
4. What does Miss Wingate give to Jim in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. How many attendants does it take to escort the patient out in the third scene of Act 2?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)