|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is a mistake.
(b) He thinks it is a positive sign.
(c) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
(d) He thinks it is a negative sign.
2. What reason does Jim give Dr. Bellman for his suicide attempt?
(a) His insurance policy.
(b) His lack of friends.
(c) His job.
(d) His obsession with pills.
3. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
(a) The police.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Her work.
(d) The hospital.
4. What is the patient doing as they are taken out in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Kicking and screaming.
(b) Throwing punches at the attendants.
(c) Threatening Miss Wingate.
(d) Staying quiet.
5. According to Ann, who thinks that Jim should stay in the hospital?
(a) Miss Wingate.
(b) Dr. Barrow.
(c) Dr. Schlesinger.
(d) Dr. Bellman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann realize as she enters in the fifth scene of Act 1?
2. What floor of the hospital does the first scene of Act 2 take place on?
3. How is Jim's mood as the fifth scene in Act 2 ends?
4. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
5. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)