|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
(a) Jim mentioned the name in his letter.
(b) Jim told the doctor about Charlotte the week before.
(c) Jim keeps repeating the name.
(d) Jim has the name and number on a note in his pocket.
2. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 2:00 in the morning.
(c) 12:00 midnight.
(d) 2:00 in the afternoon.
3. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) Since he was brought into the hospital.
(b) On and off since the day before.
(c) For three hours.
(d) For one hour.
4. What do the patients ask Jim about as the third scene in Act 2 begins?
(a) If he knows any celebrities.
(b) If he knows any police officers.
(c) If he knows any singers.
(d) If he knows any doctors.
5. How does Jim describe suicide to Dr. Bellman?
(a) He thinks it is a desperate act.
(b) He thinks it is not a desperate act.
(c) He thinks it is a selfish act.
(d) He thinks it is not a selfish act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim's main profession?
2. How does Jim respond to seeing a patient removed?
3. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
5. How does Jim respond to Ann's statement at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)