|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim appear as Act 2 begins?
2. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Jim can only leave the hospital if he agrees to go home with Ann.
(b) Jim will need to stay in the hospital for at least another month.
(c) Jim is well enough to leave the hospital, but not go to his interview.
(d) Jim is not well enough to leave the hospital.
3. What do the patients ask Jim about as the third scene in Act 2 begins?
(a) If he knows any doctors.
(b) If he knows any singers.
(c) If he knows any celebrities.
(d) If he knows any police officers.
4. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) A teaching job.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) An office job.
(d) A manual labor job.
5. Who is Miss Wingate?
(a) The morning nurse.
(b) The night nurse.
(c) The room monitor.
(d) The desk clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim feel that he is being detained in the fifth scene of the play?
2. Where is one of the other patients sent in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
4. What is the weather like in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. According to Gregory, what is the patient's responsibility to prove?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)