|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) For three hours.
(b) On and off since the day before.
(c) Since he was brought into the hospital.
(d) For one hour.
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The doctor's office.
(b) The convalescent ward.
(c) The psychiatric ward.
(d) The examination room.
3. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is not thoroughly healed physically.
(b) He does not know Jim's status.
(c) He is fine mentally.
(d) He is fine physically.
4. Among the various different patient types Jim meets in the beginning of Act 2, how do some of them seem to him?
5. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) He has cooperated with everyone except Ann.
(b) He has not cooperated with anyone.
(c) He has cooperated with some, not with others.
(d) He has cooperated with everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann realize as she enters in the fifth scene of Act 1?
2. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
3. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
4. What is the state of some of the other patients Jim encounters in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)