|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
(a) A cigarette.
2. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Giving his letter to Ann.
(b) Mailing his letter to the wrong address.
(c) Hiding his letter.
(d) Not mailing his letter.
3. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
(a) Dr. Barrow and Miss Hansen.
(b) Dr. Kramer and Dr. Barrow.
(c) Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Barrow.
(d) Dr. Barrow and Grosberg.
4. How is Jim Downs brought into the hospital?
(a) He walks in assisted by his wife.
(b) In a wheelchair.
(c) He is carried by two ambulance drivers.
(d) On a gurney.
5. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
(a) On Tuesday.
(b) On Monday.
(c) On Saturday.
(d) On Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
2. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
3. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
4. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
5. Who is Dr. Barrow?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)