|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
(a) Their reason for living.
(b) The people they dislike the most.
(c) Their true motives.
(d) The people they care about the most.
2. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is surprisingly coherent.
(b) He is extremely alert.
(c) He is too drowsy to respond.
(d) He is unconscious.
3. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
(a) That his G.I. Bill was in good standing, so that Ann would get the benefits.
(b) That his apartment would be rented to another person.
(c) That his apartment lease would be paid.
(d) That his G.I. Bill was in good standing, so that Charlotte would get the benefits.
4. How does Jim appear as Act 2 begins?
5. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Her work.
(c) The police.
(d) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
2. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
3. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
5. How does Jim respond to Ann's statement at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)