|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is a wreck.
(b) It is a mess.
(c) It is over.
(d) It is horrible.
2. When does Ann tell Jim his interview for the theater job is?
3. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not know Jim's status.
(b) He is not thoroughly healed physically.
(c) He is fine physically.
(d) He is fine mentally.
4. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(b) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(c) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(d) His inability to write his next play.
5. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) Since he was brought into the hospital.
(b) On and off since the day before.
(c) For three hours.
(d) For one hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George O'Brien?
2. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
3. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
4. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
5. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)