|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
(a) Dinner for a friend.
(b) A gift for a friend.
(c) Theater tickets for a friend.
(d) Dessert for a friend.
2. How many days have passed since the previous scene as the third scene in Act 1 begins?
3. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A needle.
4. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(b) His inability to write his next play.
(c) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(d) His inability to work well with the other actors.
5. What kind of mood is Jim in as the fifth scene in the play begins?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
2. What is the weather like in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
4. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
5. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)