|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
(b) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(c) That she tried to kill Jim.
(d) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
2. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
(a) If there are any explanations for suicide.
(b) If there are any explanations for Charlotte.
(c) Why she didn't bring the letter with her.
(d) If she has a copy of it.
3. Who is George O'Brien?
(a) Another patient.
(b) A professor.
(c) Jim's attendant.
(d) A doctor.
4. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
(a) That he is restricted from talking to the other patients.
(b) That he is not really in a hospital.
(c) That he must follow the doctor's instructions or he will be placed in a straight jacket.
(d) That he is in the psychiatric building.
5. Among the various different patient types Jim meets in the beginning of Act 2, how do some of them seem to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
2. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
3. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
4. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
5. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)