|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Jim is well enough to leave the hospital, but not go to his interview.
(b) Jim is not well enough to leave the hospital.
(c) Jim can only leave the hospital if he agrees to go home with Ann.
(d) Jim will need to stay in the hospital for at least another month.
2. Who is the Miss Hansen?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) The head nurse.
(c) The student nurse.
(d) A doctor.
3. What does Jim realize about Ann as Act 1 ends?
(a) That she knew about the plan to move him.
(b) That she is crazier than he is.
(c) That she knows about Charlotte.
(d) That she fabricated the job interview.
4. What is likely to happen if a patient gets sent to "seven"?
(a) They will be kept there indefinitely.
(b) They will be transferred back to the psychiatric ward.
(c) They will never leave.
(d) They will be transferred to the state hospital.
5. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
(a) Patients never leave there.
(b) Patients do not leave there as quickly as they would like.
(c) Patients there do not want to leave.
(d) Patients leave there more quickly than they think.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
3. What does Jim inform Ann of in the third scene of Act 1?
4. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
5. What is Jim's main profession?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)