|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is a mistake.
(b) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
(c) He thinks it is a positive sign.
(d) He thinks it is a negative sign.
2. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 2:00 in the morning.
(b) 12:00 noon.
(c) 12:00 midnight.
(d) 2:00 in the afternoon.
3. How is Jim Downs brought into the hospital?
(a) On a gurney.
(b) He is carried by two ambulance drivers.
(c) In a wheelchair.
(d) He walks in assisted by his wife.
4. When does Ann tell Jim his interview for the theater job is?
5. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she has called his family.
(c) That she is paying for the doctor bills.
(d) That she wants a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim feel that he is being detained in the fifth scene of the play?
2. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
4. What does Grosberg tell Jim that some other patients do not need in order to be released?
5. What is Jim's main profession?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)