|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
(a) A needle.
(b) A bottle.
(d) A pencil.
2. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
(a) He tells her that he does not want her money.
(b) He tells her that he does not want his family there.
(c) He tells her that he does not want a divorce.
(d) He tells her that he does not want her love.
3. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) He has cooperated with everyone.
(b) He has cooperated with some, not with others.
(c) He has not cooperated with anyone.
(d) He has cooperated with everyone except Ann.
4. What does Jim ask Grosberg to do for him?
(a) Take his cigarettes away.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Mail a letter.
(d) Get a cigarette.
5. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She refuses to believe it.
(d) She becomes hysterical.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
2. Why does Jim feel that he is being detained in the fifth scene of the play?
3. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Jim realize about Ann as Act 1 ends?
5. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)