|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(b) She refuses to believe it.
(c) She is silent.
(d) She becomes hysterical.
2. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
(a) Jim has the name and number on a note in his pocket.
(b) Jim told the doctor about Charlotte the week before.
(c) Jim keeps repeating the name.
(d) Jim mentioned the name in his letter.
3. When does Ann tell Jim his interview for the theater job is?
4. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants to die.
(b) That he wants a doctor.
(c) That he wants Charlotte.
(d) That he wants a cigarette.
5. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
(b) He thinks it is a negative sign.
(c) He thinks it is a positive sign.
(d) He thinks it is a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fear that the other patients have of "seven"?
2. What is Jim's main profession?
3. What morning is it when Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
4. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)