|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He is too drowsy to respond.
(c) He is surprisingly coherent.
(d) He is extremely alert.
2. What does Ann realize as she enters in the fifth scene of Act 1?
(a) Jim's conversation with Dr. Barrow.
(b) Jim's conversation with Mr. Fleming and Grosberg.
(c) Jim's conversation with Dr. Schlesinger.
(d) Jim's conversation with Miss Hansen and Miss Cardell.
3. How does Jim appear as Act 2 begins?
4. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is fine physically.
(b) He is not thoroughly healed physically.
(c) He is fine mentally.
(d) He does not know Jim's status.
5. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim learn about the monitoring system from the other patients in Act 2?
2. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
3. What happens in "seven", according to what the other patients tell Jim?
4. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)