|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
(a) He tells her that he does not want her love.
(b) He tells her that he does not want his family there.
(c) He tells her that he does not want her money.
(d) He tells her that he does not want a divorce.
2. Who is Miss Cardell?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The head nurse.
(c) The student nurse.
(d) A psychologist.
3. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
(a) His age.
(b) His height.
(c) His attitude.
(d) His weight.
4. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) They are on strike.
(b) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
(c) There is a flu epidemic.
(d) It is Thanksgiving.
5. How does Jim respond to Ann's statement at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He is not surprised.
(d) He is ignoring it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
2. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
4. What does Jim ask Grosberg to do for him?
5. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)