|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
(a) Jim told the doctor about Charlotte the week before.
(b) Jim mentioned the name in his letter.
(c) Jim keeps repeating the name.
(d) Jim has the name and number on a note in his pocket.
2. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
(a) That he is restricted from talking to the other patients.
(b) That he must follow the doctor's instructions or he will be placed in a straight jacket.
(c) That he is not really in a hospital.
(d) That he is in the psychiatric building.
3. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She becomes hysterical.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(d) She refuses to believe it.
4. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she starts thinking of which relatives to call.
(b) That she starts remembering what happened to Jim.
(c) That she goes home to get the money for the visit.
(d) That she goes home to rest.
5. Who is Miss Cardell?
(a) The student nurse.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) The head nurse.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
2. Why does Jim feel that he is being detained in the fifth scene of the play?
3. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
4. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
5. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)