|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
(b) His motives for separating with Ann.
(c) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(d) His motives for suicide.
2. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
(b) He thinks it is a negative sign.
(c) He thinks it is a mistake.
(d) He thinks it is a positive sign.
3. What does Jim realize about Ann as Act 1 ends?
(a) That she knows about Charlotte.
(b) That she knew about the plan to move him.
(c) That she is crazier than he is.
(d) That she fabricated the job interview.
4. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That Jim really does like life.
(b) That she really does want to divorce him.
(c) That she loves Jim.
(d) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
5. What morning is it when Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim ask Grosberg to do for him?
2. What does Ann realize as she enters in the fifth scene of Act 1?
3. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
4. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)