|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She is silent.
(b) She refuses to believe it.
(c) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(d) She becomes hysterical.
2. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) There is a flu epidemic.
(b) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
(c) It is Thanksgiving.
(d) They are on strike.
3. Who is the Miss Hansen?
(a) The head nurse.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The student nurse.
4. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she loves Jim.
(b) That Jim really does like life.
(c) That she really does want to divorce him.
(d) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
5. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The psychiatric ward.
(b) The doctor's office.
(c) The convalescent ward.
(d) The examination room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
2. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
3. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
4. Who is Miss Cardell?
5. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)