|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann realize as she enters in the fifth scene of Act 1?
(a) Jim's conversation with Miss Hansen and Miss Cardell.
(b) Jim's conversation with Mr. Fleming and Grosberg.
(c) Jim's conversation with Dr. Schlesinger.
(d) Jim's conversation with Dr. Barrow.
2. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(a) A pencil.
(c) A bottle.
3. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is horrible.
(b) It is a mess.
(c) It is over.
(d) It is a wreck.
4. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(b) His motives for separating with Ann.
(c) His motives for suicide.
(d) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
5. How does Jim respond to Ann's statement at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) He is ignoring it.
(b) He is not surprised.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is horrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim reveal to the doctor about Ann in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who is Miss Cardell?
3. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
4. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)