|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ann tell Jim his new location will be for?
(a) Only for a few weeks.
(b) Only for two weeks.
(c) Only for a few days.
(d) Only for one week.
2. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Mailing his letter to the wrong address.
(b) Giving his letter to Ann.
(c) Hiding his letter.
(d) Not mailing his letter.
3. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
(b) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(c) His motives for suicide.
(d) His motives for separating with Ann.
4. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
(b) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(c) That she tried to kill Jim.
(d) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
5. What does Grosberg tell Jim that some other patients do not need in order to be released?
(a) To spend time in the convalescent ward.
(b) To be fully functional.
(c) Their doctor's consent.
(d) Their wife's permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Ann earlier in the day?
2. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
3. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
4. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
5. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)