|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Jim's last play?
(a) A year ago.
(b) Several years ago.
(c) A few weeks ago.
(d) Several months ago.
2. What does Grosberg tell Jim that some other patients do not need in order to be released?
(a) Their wife's permission.
(b) To be fully functional.
(c) Their doctor's consent.
(d) To spend time in the convalescent ward.
3. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) His motives for suicide.
(b) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
(c) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(d) His motives for separating with Ann.
4. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(b) A pencil.
(c) A bottle.
5. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
(a) That he must follow the doctor's instructions or he will be placed in a straight jacket.
(b) That he is restricted from talking to the other patients.
(c) That he is not really in a hospital.
(d) That he is in the psychiatric building.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
2. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
3. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)