|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
2. Who is Miss Cardell?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The head nurse.
(c) The student nurse.
(d) A psychologist.
3. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
(a) Patients never leave there.
(b) Patients leave there more quickly than they think.
(c) Patients do not leave there as quickly as they would like.
(d) Patients there do not want to leave.
4. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
(a) A needle.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A pencil.
5. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) For one hour.
(b) Since he was brought into the hospital.
(c) For three hours.
(d) On and off since the day before.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
3. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
4. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
5. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)