|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
(a) His intent to divorce Ann.
(b) His intent to take his own life.
(c) His intent to get help for his problems.
(d) His intent to leave town.
2. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
(a) To his car.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the terrace.
3. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
(a) His weight.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His age.
(d) His height.
4. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) His motives for separating with Ann.
(b) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
(c) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(d) His motives for suicide.
5. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(b) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(c) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(d) His inability to write his next play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim reveal to the doctor about Ann in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
4. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
5. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)