|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim realize about Ann as Act 1 ends?
(a) That she is crazier than he is.
(b) That she knew about the plan to move him.
(c) That she knows about Charlotte.
(d) That she fabricated the job interview.
2. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
(a) A gift for a friend.
(b) Dessert for a friend.
(c) Theater tickets for a friend.
(d) Dinner for a friend.
3. What does Grosberg tell Jim that some other patients do not need in order to be released?
(a) Their wife's permission.
(b) To be fully functional.
(c) Their doctor's consent.
(d) To spend time in the convalescent ward.
4. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) A teaching job.
(b) An office job.
(c) A manual labor job.
(d) He is unemployed.
5. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
(a) Lecture him.
(b) Call the doctor immediately.
(c) Question him.
(d) Call the nurse immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Miss Hansen?
2. How does Jim respond to Ann's statement at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
3. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
4. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
5. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)