|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Miss Hansen?
(a) The student nurse.
(b) The head nurse.
(c) A psychologist.
(d) A doctor.
2. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
(a) If there are any explanations for suicide.
(b) If there are any explanations for Charlotte.
(c) If she has a copy of it.
(d) Why she didn't bring the letter with her.
3. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
(a) Jim mentioned the name in his letter.
(b) Jim keeps repeating the name.
(c) Jim has the name and number on a note in his pocket.
(d) Jim told the doctor about Charlotte the week before.
4. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
(a) Patients leave there more quickly than they think.
(b) Patients there do not want to leave.
(c) Patients do not leave there as quickly as they would like.
(d) Patients never leave there.
5. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
(a) He tells her that he does not want her love.
(b) He tells her that he does not want her money.
(c) He tells her that he does not want his family there.
(d) He tells her that he does not want a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim inform Ann of in the third scene of Act 1?
2. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
3. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
4. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
5. What kind of mood is Jim in as the fifth scene in the play begins?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)