|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim inform Ann of in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) That he will be returning home.
(b) That he will not be returning home.
(c) That he needs a vacation.
(d) That he would rather she not call for a while.
2. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
(a) To the terrace.
(c) To his car.
(d) To the kitchen.
3. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
(a) Jim has the name and number on a note in his pocket.
(b) Jim keeps repeating the name.
(c) Jim told the doctor about Charlotte the week before.
(d) Jim mentioned the name in his letter.
4. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
(b) That she tried to kill Jim.
(c) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(d) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
5. How old is Dr. Kramer?
(a) About 40.
(b) About 30.
(c) About 25.
(d) About 35.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
2. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
3. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Ann realize as she enters in the fifth scene of Act 1?
5. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)