|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(b) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
(c) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(d) That she tried to kill Jim.
2. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
3. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
(b) To his car.
(c) To the terrace.
(d) To the kitchen.
4. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
(a) Patients do not leave there as quickly as they would like.
(b) Patients leave there more quickly than they think.
(c) Patients there do not want to leave.
(d) Patients never leave there.
5. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
(a) He has no idea who she is.
(b) He refuses to talk about her.
(c) He has been seeing her.
(d) He only met her twice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
2. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Ann realize as she enters in the fifth scene of Act 1?
4. Who is Miss Cardell?
5. What is the weather like in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)