|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) There is a flu epidemic.
(b) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
(c) It is Thanksgiving.
(d) They are on strike.
2. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
(d) A cigarette.
3. Who called Ann earlier in the day?
(a) Jim's cousin.
(b) Jim's friend.
(c) Jim's brother.
(d) Jim's boss.
4. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
(a) He tells her that he does not want her love.
(b) He tells her that he does not want her money.
(c) He tells her that he does not want a divorce.
(d) He tells her that he does not want his family there.
5. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Giving his letter to Ann.
(b) Not mailing his letter.
(c) Hiding his letter.
(d) Mailing his letter to the wrong address.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
2. What does Ann realize as she enters in the fifth scene of Act 1?
3. What morning is it when Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
4. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
5. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)