|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What morning is it when Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
2. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
(a) That his apartment would be rented to another person.
(b) That his apartment lease would be paid.
(c) That his G.I. Bill was in good standing, so that Charlotte would get the benefits.
(d) That his G.I. Bill was in good standing, so that Ann would get the benefits.
3. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
(b) His motives for suicide.
(c) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(d) His motives for separating with Ann.
4. What does Grosberg tell Jim that some other patients do not need in order to be released?
(a) To be fully functional.
(b) Their doctor's consent.
(c) To spend time in the convalescent ward.
(d) Their wife's permission.
5. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
(a) Jim told the doctor about Charlotte the week before.
(b) Jim mentioned the name in his letter.
(c) Jim keeps repeating the name.
(d) Jim has the name and number on a note in his pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
2. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How many days have passed since the previous scene as the third scene in Act 1 begins?
4. Who is Dr. Barrow?
5. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)