|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
(a) He refuses to talk about her.
(b) He only met her twice.
(c) He has been seeing her.
(d) He has no idea who she is.
2. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
(a) Question him.
(b) Lecture him.
(c) Call the doctor immediately.
(d) Call the nurse immediately.
3. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
(a) On Monday.
(b) On Tuesday.
(c) On Sunday.
(d) On Saturday.
4. What reason does Ann give for why Jim might not be ready to leave for his job interview?
(a) There is no job interview.
(b) The interview is too far away.
(c) He will not get the job.
(d) His eyes do not focus properly.
5. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
(a) That his apartment would be rented to another person.
(b) That his G.I. Bill was in good standing, so that Ann would get the benefits.
(c) That his G.I. Bill was in good standing, so that Charlotte would get the benefits.
(d) That his apartment lease would be paid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann realize as she enters in the fifth scene of Act 1?
2. How many days have passed since the previous scene as the third scene in Act 1 begins?
3. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
5. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)