|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim inform Ann of in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) That he will not be returning home.
(b) That he needs a vacation.
(c) That he will be returning home.
(d) That he would rather she not call for a while.
2. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) To his car.
(d) To the terrace.
3. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
(a) Dr. Barrow and Grosberg.
(b) Dr. Kramer and Dr. Barrow.
(c) Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Barrow.
(d) Dr. Barrow and Miss Hansen.
4. How is Jim Downs brought into the hospital?
(a) On a gurney.
(b) He walks in assisted by his wife.
(c) In a wheelchair.
(d) He is carried by two ambulance drivers.
5. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Hiding his letter.
(b) Giving his letter to Ann.
(c) Not mailing his letter.
(d) Mailing his letter to the wrong address.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How does Jim respond to the new job interview?
3. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
4. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
5. How does Jim respond to Ann's statement at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)