|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to write his next play.
(b) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(c) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(d) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
2. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) On and off since the day before.
(b) For three hours.
(c) For one hour.
(d) Since he was brought into the hospital.
3. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) There is a flu epidemic.
(b) They are on strike.
(c) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
(d) It is Thanksgiving.
4. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is a mess.
(b) It is over.
(c) It is horrible.
(d) It is a wreck.
5. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) An office job.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) A manual labor job.
(d) A teaching job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Barrow?
2. How did Jim get the pills to take?
3. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
4. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
5. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)