|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
(b) It is Thanksgiving.
(c) They are on strike.
(d) There is a flu epidemic.
2. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(b) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
(c) His motives for separating with Ann.
(d) His motives for suicide.
3. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
(a) The next week.
(b) The next 48 hours.
(c) The next 72 hours.
(d) The previous 24 hours.
4. What day is it in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. When does Ann tell Jim his interview for the theater job is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What morning is it when Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
2. Who called Ann earlier in the day?
3. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
4. Who is Miss Cardell?
5. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)