|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants a cigarette.
(b) That he wants a doctor.
(c) That he wants to die.
(d) That he wants Charlotte.
2. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
(a) Dr. Barrow and Miss Hansen.
(b) Dr. Barrow and Grosberg.
(c) Dr. Kramer and Dr. Barrow.
(d) Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Barrow.
3. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
(a) He has no idea who she is.
(b) He has been seeing her.
(c) He only met her twice.
(d) He refuses to talk about her.
4. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(b) She becomes hysterical.
(c) She is silent.
(d) She refuses to believe it.
5. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is extremely alert.
(b) He is too drowsy to respond.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is surprisingly coherent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
2. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. When was Jim's last play?
4. How does Jim respond to the new job interview?
5. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)