|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
(b) A cigarette.
2. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 12:00 midnight.
(b) 12:00 noon.
(c) 2:00 in the morning.
(d) 2:00 in the afternoon.
3. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
(a) Question him.
(b) Call the doctor immediately.
(c) Call the nurse immediately.
(d) Lecture him.
4. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
(a) That he will finally tell her who Charlotte is.
(b) That he will want to heal their marriage.
(c) That he will sign the divorce papers.
(d) That he will forget about Charlotte.
5. What morning is it when Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
2. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
3. What does Jim ask Grosberg to do for him?
4. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
5. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)