|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) For one hour.
(b) Since he was brought into the hospital.
(c) For three hours.
(d) On and off since the day before.
2. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
(a) That she has called his family.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she wants a divorce.
(d) That she is paying for the doctor bills.
3. What is the weather like in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) It is cloudy.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is raining.
4. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is a wreck.
(b) It is a mess.
(c) It is over.
(d) It is horrible.
5. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
(a) Her work.
(b) The police.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
2. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
3. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
4. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)