|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Miss Hansen?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) The student nurse.
(d) The head nurse.
2. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Jim is well enough to leave the hospital, but not go to his interview.
(b) Jim will need to stay in the hospital for at least another month.
(c) Jim is not well enough to leave the hospital.
(d) Jim can only leave the hospital if he agrees to go home with Ann.
3. How old is Dr. Kramer?
(a) About 25.
(b) About 35.
(c) About 30.
(d) About 40.
4. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) A teaching job.
(b) A manual labor job.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) An office job.
5. What does Jim inform Ann of in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) That he will be returning home.
(b) That he will not be returning home.
(c) That he would rather she not call for a while.
(d) That he needs a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
2. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
3. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
4. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
5. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)