|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she loves Jim.
(b) That Jim really does like life.
(c) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
(d) That she really does want to divorce him.
2. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She is silent.
(b) She refuses to believe it.
(c) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(d) She becomes hysterical.
3. When does Ann tell Jim his interview for the theater job is?
4. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
(d) A cigarette.
5. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
(a) That he will want to heal their marriage.
(b) That he will forget about Charlotte.
(c) That he will sign the divorce papers.
(d) That he will finally tell her who Charlotte is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Cardell?
2. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
3. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who called Ann earlier in the day?
5. How did Jim get the pills to take?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)