|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He is too drowsy to respond.
(c) He is surprisingly coherent.
(d) He is extremely alert.
2. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
(a) On Saturday.
(b) On Monday.
(c) On Sunday.
(d) On Tuesday.
3. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
(a) The previous 24 hours.
(b) The next week.
(c) The next 72 hours.
(d) The next 48 hours.
4. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
(a) That he has not had psychiatric problems.
(b) That he has had psychiatric problems.
(c) That he has always dramatized things.
(d) That he never really worked on Broadway.
5. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Jim will need to stay in the hospital for at least another month.
(b) Jim can only leave the hospital if he agrees to go home with Ann.
(c) Jim is not well enough to leave the hospital.
(d) Jim is well enough to leave the hospital, but not go to his interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
3. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
4. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
5. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)