|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Cardell?
(a) The head nurse.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The student nurse.
2. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) Since he was brought into the hospital.
(b) For one hour.
(c) For three hours.
(d) On and off since the day before.
3. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(b) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
(c) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(d) That she tried to kill Jim.
4. How is Jim Downs brought into the hospital?
(a) On a gurney.
(b) In a wheelchair.
(c) He is carried by two ambulance drivers.
(d) He walks in assisted by his wife.
5. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
(a) He has been seeing her.
(b) He has no idea who she is.
(c) He only met her twice.
(d) He refuses to talk about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
3. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
4. What reason does Ann give for why Jim might not be ready to leave for his job interview?
5. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)