|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
(a) That he will forget about Charlotte.
(b) That he will finally tell her who Charlotte is.
(c) That he will want to heal their marriage.
(d) That he will sign the divorce papers.
2. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
3. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
(a) He has no idea who she is.
(b) He refuses to talk about her.
(c) He only met her twice.
(d) He has been seeing her.
4. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
(a) Their true motives.
(b) The people they dislike the most.
(c) The people they care about the most.
(d) Their reason for living.
5. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(a) A pencil.
(d) A bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
2. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
3. How many days have passed since the previous scene as the third scene in Act 1 begins?
4. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
5. How does Jim respond to the new job interview?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)