|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
(a) His intent to get help for his problems.
(b) His intent to leave town.
(c) His intent to take his own life.
(d) His intent to divorce Ann.
2. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She refuses to believe it.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She becomes hysterical.
(d) She becomes angry at the doctor.
3. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A needle.
(c) A pencil.
4. What does Jim inform Ann of in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) That he would rather she not call for a while.
(b) That he will not be returning home.
(c) That he needs a vacation.
(d) That he will be returning home.
5. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to write his next play.
(b) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(c) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(d) His inability to recapture his professional success.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Dr. Kramer?
2. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
3. What job does Jim currently hold?
4. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)