|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is a positive sign.
(b) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
(c) He thinks it is a mistake.
(d) He thinks it is a negative sign.
2. What day is it in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
4. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
(b) That she really does want to divorce him.
(c) That she loves Jim.
(d) That Jim really does like life.
5. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
(a) A gift for a friend.
(b) Dinner for a friend.
(c) Dessert for a friend.
(d) Theater tickets for a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Ann give for why Jim might not be ready to leave for his job interview?
2. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
4. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
5. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)