|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants a doctor.
(b) That he wants to die.
(c) That he wants a cigarette.
(d) That he wants Charlotte.
2. When was Jim's last play?
(a) Several years ago.
(b) A year ago.
(c) Several months ago.
(d) A few weeks ago.
3. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That Jim really does like life.
(b) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
(c) That she really does want to divorce him.
(d) That she loves Jim.
4. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is sitting up.
(c) He is missing.
(d) He is on the floor.
5. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(b) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
(c) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(d) That she tried to kill Jim.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ann tell Jim his interview for the theater job is?
2. How old is Dr. Kramer?
3. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
4. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
5. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)