|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
(a) He tells her that he does not want a divorce.
(b) He tells her that he does not want her love.
(c) He tells her that he does not want his family there.
(d) He tells her that he does not want her money.
2. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is a mess.
(b) It is a wreck.
(c) It is over.
(d) It is horrible.
3. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
(a) That he has had psychiatric problems.
(b) That he has always dramatized things.
(c) That he has not had psychiatric problems.
(d) That he never really worked on Broadway.
4. How old is Dr. Kramer?
(a) About 25.
(b) About 35.
(c) About 40.
(d) About 30.
5. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
(a) The previous 24 hours.
(b) The next week.
(c) The next 72 hours.
(d) The next 48 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
2. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
3. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
4. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)