|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) There is a flu epidemic.
(b) They are on strike.
(c) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
(d) It is Thanksgiving.
2. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants a doctor.
(b) That he wants a cigarette.
(c) That he wants Charlotte.
(d) That he wants to die.
3. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she starts thinking of which relatives to call.
(b) That she starts remembering what happened to Jim.
(c) That she goes home to rest.
(d) That she goes home to get the money for the visit.
4. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
(a) Tuesday morning.
(b) Wednesday evening.
(c) Wednesday morning.
(d) Tuesday evening.
5. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
(a) On Sunday.
(b) On Saturday.
(c) On Tuesday.
(d) On Monday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jim get the pills to take?
2. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
3. What morning is it when Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
4. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
5. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)