|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim's main profession?
(a) He is a Broadway actor.
(b) He is a Broadway script writer.
(c) He is a Broadway theatre director.
(d) He is a Broadway set decorator.
2. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants a cigarette.
(b) That he wants a doctor.
(c) That he wants Charlotte.
(d) That he wants to die.
3. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to write his next play.
(b) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(c) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(d) His inability to work well with the other actors.
4. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she goes home to get the money for the visit.
(b) That she goes home to rest.
(c) That she starts remembering what happened to Jim.
(d) That she starts thinking of which relatives to call.
5. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) For three hours.
(b) On and off since the day before.
(c) Since he was brought into the hospital.
(d) For one hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
3. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Jim inform Ann of in the third scene of Act 1?
5. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)