|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Jim is not well enough to leave the hospital.
(b) Jim will need to stay in the hospital for at least another month.
(c) Jim is well enough to leave the hospital, but not go to his interview.
(d) Jim can only leave the hospital if he agrees to go home with Ann.
2. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
(a) Dr. Kramer and Dr. Barrow.
(b) Dr. Barrow and Miss Hansen.
(c) Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Barrow.
(d) Dr. Barrow and Grosberg.
3. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
(a) Wednesday morning.
(b) Tuesday evening.
(c) Tuesday morning.
(d) Wednesday evening.
4. Who is Dr. Barrow?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A pathologist.
(d) A sociologist.
5. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
(a) The next week.
(b) The previous 24 hours.
(c) The next 48 hours.
(d) The next 72 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
2. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
3. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
4. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)