|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jim Downs brought into the hospital?
(a) He is carried by two ambulance drivers.
(b) On a gurney.
(c) In a wheelchair.
(d) He walks in assisted by his wife.
2. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(b) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(c) That she tried to kill Jim.
(d) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
3. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
(d) A cigarette.
4. What does Jim ask Grosberg to do for him?
(a) Take his cigarettes away.
(b) Get a cigarette.
(c) Mail a letter.
(d) Write a letter.
5. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
(a) If there are any explanations for suicide.
(b) If she has a copy of it.
(c) If there are any explanations for Charlotte.
(d) Why she didn't bring the letter with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. When was Jim's last play?
3. How does Jim respond to the new job interview?
4. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
5. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)