|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) His motives for suicide.
(b) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
(c) His motives for separating with Ann.
(d) The reason for his professional setbacks.
2. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
(a) His age.
(b) His weight.
(c) His attitude.
(d) His height.
3. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
(a) Call the doctor immediately.
(b) Lecture him.
(c) Call the nurse immediately.
(d) Question him.
4. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(b) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(c) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(d) His inability to write his next play.
5. Who called Ann earlier in the day?
(a) Jim's cousin.
(b) Jim's boss.
(c) Jim's brother.
(d) Jim's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
2. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
3. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
5. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)