|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That Jim really does like life.
(b) That she really does want to divorce him.
(c) That she loves Jim.
(d) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
2. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) It is Thanksgiving.
(b) There is a flu epidemic.
(c) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
(d) They are on strike.
3. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
(b) A cigarette.
4. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(b) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(c) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(d) His inability to write his next play.
5. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
(a) Tuesday morning.
(b) Wednesday morning.
(c) Wednesday evening.
(d) Tuesday evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
3. When was Jim's last play?
4. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
5. Who is Miss Cardell?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)