|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(b) A pencil.
(d) A bottle.
2. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants a cigarette.
(b) That he wants a doctor.
(c) That he wants to die.
(d) That he wants Charlotte.
3. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she loves Jim.
(b) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
(c) That Jim really does like life.
(d) That she really does want to divorce him.
4. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is a mess.
(b) It is horrible.
(c) It is a wreck.
(d) It is over.
5. Who is the Miss Hansen?
(a) The student nurse.
(b) A doctor.
(c) The head nurse.
(d) A psychologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
2. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
3. Who called Ann earlier in the day?
4. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
5. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)