|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) For three hours.
(b) Since he was brought into the hospital.
(c) For one hour.
(d) On and off since the day before.
2. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
3. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
(a) That she wants a divorce.
(b) That she is paying for the doctor bills.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she has called his family.
4. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
(a) His intent to divorce Ann.
(b) His intent to get help for his problems.
(c) His intent to take his own life.
(d) His intent to leave town.
5. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She refuses to believe it.
(b) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(c) She becomes hysterical.
(d) She is silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
2. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
3. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
4. Who is the Miss Hansen?
5. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)