|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
(a) His height.
(b) His weight.
(c) His age.
(d) His attitude.
2. Who is the Miss Hansen?
(a) The head nurse.
(b) The student nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A psychologist.
3. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is horrible.
(b) It is over.
(c) It is a wreck.
(d) It is a mess.
4. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) His motives for separating with Ann.
(b) His motives for suicide.
(c) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(d) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
5. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
(a) The people they care about the most.
(b) The people they dislike the most.
(c) Their reason for living.
(d) Their true motives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
2. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
3. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
4. Who is Dr. Barrow?
5. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)