|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
2. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
(b) A cigarette.
3. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
(a) That she has called his family.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she is paying for the doctor bills.
(d) That she wants a divorce.
4. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) For one hour.
(b) For three hours.
(c) On and off since the day before.
(d) Since he was brought into the hospital.
5. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
(a) A bottle.
(c) A needle.
(d) A pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
3. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
4. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
5. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)