|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim's main profession?
(a) He is a Broadway theatre director.
(b) He is a Broadway set decorator.
(c) He is a Broadway actor.
(d) He is a Broadway script writer.
2. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
(a) The police.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Her work.
3. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) For three hours.
(b) For one hour.
(c) Since he was brought into the hospital.
(d) On and off since the day before.
4. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she starts remembering what happened to Jim.
(b) That she starts thinking of which relatives to call.
(c) That she goes home to rest.
(d) That she goes home to get the money for the visit.
5. Who is Dr. Barrow?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) A pathologist.
(d) A psychologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
3. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
4. Who is Miss Cardell?
5. Who called Ann earlier in the day?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)