|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
(a) Call the doctor immediately.
(b) Lecture him.
(c) Question him.
(d) Call the nurse immediately.
2. What is Jim's main profession?
(a) He is a Broadway theatre director.
(b) He is a Broadway set decorator.
(c) He is a Broadway actor.
(d) He is a Broadway script writer.
3. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
(a) Jim mentioned the name in his letter.
(b) Jim keeps repeating the name.
(c) Jim has the name and number on a note in his pocket.
(d) Jim told the doctor about Charlotte the week before.
4. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
(a) If there are any explanations for suicide.
(b) If there are any explanations for Charlotte.
(c) If she has a copy of it.
(d) Why she didn't bring the letter with her.
5. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
(b) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(c) His motives for separating with Ann.
(d) His motives for suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
2. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
4. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
5. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)