|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Her work.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The police.
2. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
(a) Tuesday morning.
(b) Wednesday evening.
(c) Tuesday evening.
(d) Wednesday morning.
3. How old is Dr. Kramer?
(a) About 30.
(b) About 25.
(c) About 35.
(d) About 40.
4. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
5. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is surprisingly coherent.
(b) He is too drowsy to respond.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is extremely alert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Miss Hansen?
2. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
3. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
4. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
5. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)