|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(b) A pencil.
(c) A bottle.
2. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 2:00 in the afternoon.
(c) 12:00 midnight.
(d) 2:00 in the morning.
3. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She becomes hysterical.
(d) She refuses to believe it.
4. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
(d) A cigarette.
5. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
(a) He tells her that he does not want his family there.
(b) He tells her that he does not want her love.
(c) He tells her that he does not want her money.
(d) He tells her that he does not want a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
2. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
3. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
4. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
5. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)