|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(a) A bottle.
(d) A pencil.
2. Who is Miss Cardell?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The head nurse.
(c) The student nurse.
(d) A psychologist.
3. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He is too drowsy to respond.
(c) He is surprisingly coherent.
(d) He is extremely alert.
4. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
5. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is a negative sign.
(b) He thinks it is a positive sign.
(c) He thinks it is a mistake.
(d) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
2. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
3. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
5. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)