|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A needle.
(d) A bottle.
2. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
(b) A cigarette.
3. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) His motives for separating with Ann.
(b) His motives for suicide.
(c) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(d) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
4. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
(a) Jim has the name and number on a note in his pocket.
(b) Jim told the doctor about Charlotte the week before.
(c) Jim keeps repeating the name.
(d) Jim mentioned the name in his letter.
5. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
(a) He tells her that he does not want a divorce.
(b) He tells her that he does not want his family there.
(c) He tells her that he does not want her money.
(d) He tells her that he does not want her love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
2. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
3. How old is Dr. Kramer?
4. How is Jim Downs brought into the hospital?
5. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)