|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim's main profession?
(a) He is a Broadway set decorator.
(b) He is a Broadway script writer.
(c) He is a Broadway actor.
(d) He is a Broadway theatre director.
2. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
(a) Call the doctor immediately.
(b) Question him.
(c) Call the nurse immediately.
(d) Lecture him.
3. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
(a) Wednesday morning.
(b) Tuesday evening.
(c) Wednesday evening.
(d) Tuesday morning.
4. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
(a) The next week.
(b) The next 48 hours.
(c) The next 72 hours.
(d) The previous 24 hours.
5. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She refuses to believe it.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(d) She becomes hysterical.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
2. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
3. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
4. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
5. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)