|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has limited the number of visits Harry has been able to make?
(a) His fear of hospitals.
(b) His gambling problem.
(c) His family and business.
(d) His financial difficulties.
2. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants to die.
(b) That he wants Charlotte.
(c) That he wants a cigarette.
(d) That he wants a doctor.
3. What are the doctors questioning Jim about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The sincerity of his feelings for Ann.
(b) His forgetfulness.
(c) The sincerity of his desire to leave the hospital.
(d) His anger issues.
4. How many days have passed between Act 2 and Act 3?
5. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
(a) That he will finally tell her who Charlotte is.
(b) That he will forget about Charlotte.
(c) That he will want to heal their marriage.
(d) That he will sign the divorce papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
2. How does Jim respond to Ann's statement at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
3. What is Jim doing at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
5. What has Ann done with Jim's phone service?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)