|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is a positive sign.
(b) He thinks it is a mistake.
(c) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
(d) He thinks it is a negative sign.
2. What are the doctors questioning Jim about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) His forgetfulness.
(b) The sincerity of his desire to leave the hospital.
(c) The sincerity of his feelings for Ann.
(d) His anger issues.
3. What does Jim kick in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Gregory's cart.
(b) Another patient's food table.
(c) The wall.
(d) A game table.
4. What does Ann tell Jim about the theater job in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That his interview was cancelled.
(b) That his interview has been postponed.
(c) That he was selected for the job.
(d) That he was not selected for the job.
5. How old is Dr. Kramer?
(a) About 30.
(b) About 25.
(c) About 35.
(d) About 40.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
2. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
4. Who does Ann tell Jim she has spoken with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)