|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
(a) A gift for a friend.
(b) Dessert for a friend.
(c) Theater tickets for a friend.
(d) Dinner for a friend.
2. What has Ann told the school?
(a) That Jim will be on vacation until next year.
(b) That Jim will be returning in a few months.
(c) That Jim will not be returning.
(d) That Jim will be returning shortly.
3. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) For one hour.
(b) On and off since the day before.
(c) For three hours.
(d) Since he was brought into the hospital.
4. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
(a) That he is not really in a hospital.
(b) That he must follow the doctor's instructions or he will be placed in a straight jacket.
(c) That he is in the psychiatric building.
(d) That he is restricted from talking to the other patients.
5. What are the doctors questioning Jim about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) His anger issues.
(b) The sincerity of his desire to leave the hospital.
(c) The sincerity of his feelings for Ann.
(d) His forgetfulness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
2. What reason does Ann give for why Jim might not be ready to leave for his job interview?
3. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
4. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How does Jim appear as Act 2 begins?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)