|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ann reluctant to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Leave Jim and Harry alone.
(b) Talk to the doctors about Jim's condition.
(c) Tell Jim about Charlotte.
(d) Ask Jim about his outburst.
2. What does Ann deny in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That she is trying to have Jim committed.
(b) That she has been talking with doctors.
(c) That she has spoken to Charlotte.
(d) That she has exaggerated the suicide attempt.
3. According to Ann, who thinks that Jim should stay in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Bellman.
(b) Miss Wingate.
(c) Dr. Schlesinger.
(d) Dr. Barrow.
4. According to Gregory, what is the patient's responsibility to prove?
(a) That they are crazy.
(b) That the doctors are ignorant.
(c) That they are not crazy.
(d) That the doctors are crazy.
5. What are the doctors questioning Jim about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The sincerity of his desire to leave the hospital.
(b) The sincerity of his feelings for Ann.
(c) His forgetfulness.
(d) His anger issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Bellman's assessment of Jim at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What happens in "seven", according to what the other patients tell Jim?
3. What happens between two of the patients after Miss Wingate leaves?
4. What reason does Ann give for why Jim might not be ready to leave for his job interview?
5. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)