|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called Ann earlier in the day?
(a) Jim's friend.
(b) Jim's boss.
(c) Jim's brother.
(d) Jim's cousin.
2. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
(a) That he has had psychiatric problems.
(b) That he has always dramatized things.
(c) That he never really worked on Broadway.
(d) That he has not had psychiatric problems.
3. What does Jim inform Ann of in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) That he would rather she not call for a while.
(b) That he needs a vacation.
(c) That he will not be returning home.
(d) That he will be returning home.
4. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she starts thinking of which relatives to call.
(b) That she starts remembering what happened to Jim.
(c) That she goes home to rest.
(d) That she goes home to get the money for the visit.
5. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
(a) His intent to take his own life.
(b) His intent to leave town.
(c) His intent to get help for his problems.
(d) His intent to divorce Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim reveal to the doctor about Ann in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
3. When does Ann tell Jim his interview for the theater job is?
4. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
5. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)