|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
(a) His intent to take his own life.
(b) His intent to get help for his problems.
(c) His intent to leave town.
(d) His intent to divorce Ann.
2. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is over.
(b) It is a mess.
(c) It is a wreck.
(d) It is horrible.
3. What does Jim reveal to the doctor about Ann in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She is kind and loyal.
(b) She is cunning and manipulative.
(c) She is forgetful.
(d) She is crazy.
4. When was Jim's last play?
(a) Several months ago.
(b) Several years ago.
(c) A year ago.
(d) A few weeks ago.
5. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(b) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(c) That she tried to kill Jim.
(d) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
3. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
4. What is Jim's main profession?
5. What does Jim inform Ann of in the third scene of Act 1?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)