|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is a mess.
(b) It is a wreck.
(c) It is over.
(d) It is horrible.
2. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is fine mentally.
(b) He is not thoroughly healed physically.
(c) He does not know Jim's status.
(d) He is fine physically.
3. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
(a) That his apartment lease would be paid.
(b) That his G.I. Bill was in good standing, so that Charlotte would get the benefits.
(c) That his apartment would be rented to another person.
(d) That his G.I. Bill was in good standing, so that Ann would get the benefits.
4. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Jim is well enough to leave the hospital, but not go to his interview.
(b) Jim is not well enough to leave the hospital.
(c) Jim will need to stay in the hospital for at least another month.
(d) Jim can only leave the hospital if he agrees to go home with Ann.
5. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
(a) Their reason for living.
(b) Their true motives.
(c) The people they care about the most.
(d) The people they dislike the most.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What job does Jim currently hold?
3. When was Jim's last play?
4. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)