|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is on the floor.
(c) He is sitting up.
(d) He is asleep.
2. What reason does Ann give for why Jim might not be ready to leave for his job interview?
(a) The interview is too far away.
(b) He will not get the job.
(c) His eyes do not focus properly.
(d) There is no job interview.
3. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she has called his family.
(c) That she wants a divorce.
(d) That she is paying for the doctor bills.
4. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants a doctor.
(b) That he wants a cigarette.
(c) That he wants to die.
(d) That he wants Charlotte.
5. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
(a) A pencil.
(c) A needle.
(d) A bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim respond to the new job interview?
2. Who is the Miss Hansen?
3. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
4. Who is Dr. Barrow?
5. What is Jim's main profession?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)