|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(b) His motives for separating with Ann.
(c) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
(d) His motives for suicide.
2. How is Jim Downs brought into the hospital?
(a) He is carried by two ambulance drivers.
(b) In a wheelchair.
(c) On a gurney.
(d) He walks in assisted by his wife.
3. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
(a) His intent to divorce Ann.
(b) His intent to get help for his problems.
(c) His intent to leave town.
(d) His intent to take his own life.
4. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 2:00 in the afternoon.
(b) 12:00 midnight.
(c) 12:00 noon.
(d) 2:00 in the morning.
5. What reason does Ann give for why Jim might not be ready to leave for his job interview?
(a) His eyes do not focus properly.
(b) There is no job interview.
(c) He will not get the job.
(d) The interview is too far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
2. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
3. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)