|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
(a) Call the doctor immediately.
(b) Call the nurse immediately.
(c) Question him.
(d) Lecture him.
2. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
(a) The next 72 hours.
(b) The next 48 hours.
(c) The previous 24 hours.
(d) The next week.
3. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The police.
(d) Her work.
4. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
5. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
(a) A needle.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
2. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
3. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
4. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
5. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)