|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jim Downs brought into the hospital?
(a) He is carried by two ambulance drivers.
(b) In a wheelchair.
(c) He walks in assisted by his wife.
(d) On a gurney.
2. Who is Dr. Barrow?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A pathologist.
(c) A psychologist.
(d) A sociologist.
3. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
(a) Why she didn't bring the letter with her.
(b) If there are any explanations for Charlotte.
(c) If she has a copy of it.
(d) If there are any explanations for suicide.
4. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(b) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(c) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
(d) That she tried to kill Jim.
5. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she loves Jim.
(b) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
(c) That Jim really does like life.
(d) That she really does want to divorce him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim's main profession?
2. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
3. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
4. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
5. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)