|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 2:00 in the morning.
(c) 12:00 midnight.
(d) 2:00 in the afternoon.
2. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Jim can only leave the hospital if he agrees to go home with Ann.
(b) Jim is well enough to leave the hospital, but not go to his interview.
(c) Jim is not well enough to leave the hospital.
(d) Jim will need to stay in the hospital for at least another month.
3. What reason does Ann give for why Jim might not be ready to leave for his job interview?
(a) He will not get the job.
(b) The interview is too far away.
(c) His eyes do not focus properly.
(d) There is no job interview.
4. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(b) His inability to write his next play.
(c) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(d) His inability to recapture his professional success.
5. What is Jim's main profession?
(a) He is a Broadway script writer.
(b) He is a Broadway actor.
(c) He is a Broadway set decorator.
(d) He is a Broadway theatre director.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Ann earlier in the day?
2. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
3. What day is it in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
5. Who is Dr. Barrow?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)