|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
(a) A gift for a friend.
(b) Theater tickets for a friend.
(c) Dinner for a friend.
(d) Dessert for a friend.
2. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
(a) Jim mentioned the name in his letter.
(b) Jim told the doctor about Charlotte the week before.
(c) Jim keeps repeating the name.
(d) Jim has the name and number on a note in his pocket.
3. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
(a) Dr. Barrow and Miss Hansen.
(b) Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Barrow.
(c) Dr. Kramer and Dr. Barrow.
(d) Dr. Barrow and Grosberg.
4. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) A teaching job.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) A manual labor job.
(d) An office job.
5. What does Jim reveal to the doctor about Ann in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She is forgetful.
(b) She is crazy.
(c) She is kind and loyal.
(d) She is cunning and manipulative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
2. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
3. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
4. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
5. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)