|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants to die.
(b) That he wants Charlotte.
(c) That he wants a cigarette.
(d) That he wants a doctor.
2. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to write his next play.
(b) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(c) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(d) His inability to recapture his professional success.
3. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
4. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
(a) On Tuesday.
(b) On Sunday.
(c) On Monday.
(d) On Saturday.
5. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) They are on strike.
(b) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
(c) There is a flu epidemic.
(d) It is Thanksgiving.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Jim's last play?
2. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
3. What morning is it when Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
4. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
5. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)