|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is a positive sign.
(b) He thinks it is a mistake.
(c) He thinks it is a negative sign.
(d) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
2. Who is Miss Cardell?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) The student nurse.
(d) The head nurse.
3. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Jim can only leave the hospital if he agrees to go home with Ann.
(b) Jim will need to stay in the hospital for at least another month.
(c) Jim is not well enough to leave the hospital.
(d) Jim is well enough to leave the hospital, but not go to his interview.
4. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
(a) Dinner for a friend.
(b) A gift for a friend.
(c) Theater tickets for a friend.
(d) Dessert for a friend.
5. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she starts remembering what happened to Jim.
(b) That she starts thinking of which relatives to call.
(c) That she goes home to get the money for the visit.
(d) That she goes home to rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
2. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
3. What reason does Ann give for why Jim might not be ready to leave for his job interview?
4. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
5. What is Jim's main profession?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)