|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is on the floor.
(d) He is sitting up.
2. How does Jim respond to the new job interview?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He is unresponsive.
(c) He is skeptical.
(d) He is excited.
3. What is Jim's main profession?
(a) He is a Broadway script writer.
(b) He is a Broadway actor.
(c) He is a Broadway theatre director.
(d) He is a Broadway set decorator.
4. What morning is it when Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
5. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
(b) He thinks it is a negative sign.
(c) He thinks it is a mistake.
(d) He thinks it is a positive sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
2. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
3. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
4. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
5. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)