|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(b) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(c) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(d) His inability to write his next play.
2. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 12:00 midnight.
(c) 2:00 in the afternoon.
(d) 2:00 in the morning.
3. What kind of mood is Jim in as the fifth scene in the play begins?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is upset.
4. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) He has cooperated with everyone except Ann.
(b) He has not cooperated with anyone.
(c) He has cooperated with everyone.
(d) He has cooperated with some, not with others.
5. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
(a) To the kitchen.
(c) To the terrace.
(d) To his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim refuse to discuss with Dr. Bellman in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
5. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)