|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann realize as she enters in the fifth scene of Act 1?
(a) Jim's conversation with Mr. Fleming and Grosberg.
(b) Jim's conversation with Dr. Barrow.
(c) Jim's conversation with Miss Hansen and Miss Cardell.
(d) Jim's conversation with Dr. Schlesinger.
2. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
(a) To the terrace.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To his car.
3. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to write his next play.
(b) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(c) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(d) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
4. What does Jim learn about Ann as the third scene in Act 2 ends?
(a) That she wants him to be released.
(b) That she could have him released.
(c) That she has spoken with Charlotte.
(d) That she has threatened Charlotte.
5. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 2:00 in the afternoon.
(c) 2:00 in the morning.
(d) 12:00 midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Wingate tell Jim to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
3. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
4. In what way does Jim eventually respond to Dr. Bellman's first request?
5. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)