|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Jim will need to stay in the hospital for at least another month.
(b) Jim is not well enough to leave the hospital.
(c) Jim is well enough to leave the hospital, but not go to his interview.
(d) Jim can only leave the hospital if he agrees to go home with Ann.
2. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is over.
(b) It is horrible.
(c) It is a mess.
(d) It is a wreck.
3. What does Jim learn about Ann as the third scene in Act 2 ends?
(a) That she has threatened Charlotte.
(b) That she has spoken with Charlotte.
(c) That she could have him released.
(d) That she wants him to be released.
4. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
(a) If there are any explanations for Charlotte.
(b) If there are any explanations for suicide.
(c) If she has a copy of it.
(d) Why she didn't bring the letter with her.
5. In what way does Jim eventually respond to Dr. Bellman's first request?
(a) He berates the doctor.
(b) He refuses to comply.
(c) He complies.
(d) He requests to talk to a supervisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between two of the patients after Miss Wingate leaves?
2. What kind of mood is Jim in as the fifth scene in the play begins?
3. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
4. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
5. Who is Miss Wingate?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)