|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Jim eventually respond to Dr. Bellman's first request?
(a) He complies.
(b) He refuses to comply.
(c) He requests to talk to a supervisor.
(d) He berates the doctor.
2. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
(a) That he must follow the doctor's instructions or he will be placed in a straight jacket.
(b) That he is in the psychiatric building.
(c) That he is not really in a hospital.
(d) That he is restricted from talking to the other patients.
3. What does Grosberg tell Jim that some other patients do not need in order to be released?
(a) Their doctor's consent.
(b) Their wife's permission.
(c) To be fully functional.
(d) To spend time in the convalescent ward.
4. How long does Ann tell Jim his new location will be for?
(a) Only for one week.
(b) Only for a few days.
(c) Only for two weeks.
(d) Only for a few weeks.
5. How many attendants does it take to escort the patient out in the third scene of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
2. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
3. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
4. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
5. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)