|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim describe suicide to Dr. Bellman?
(a) He thinks it is a selfish act.
(b) He thinks it is not a desperate act.
(c) He thinks it is a desperate act.
(d) He thinks it is not a selfish act.
2. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
(a) Their true motives.
(b) Their reason for living.
(c) The people they dislike the most.
(d) The people they care about the most.
3. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Late morning.
(b) At night.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Early in the morning.
4. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) On and off since the day before.
(b) For three hours.
(c) For one hour.
(d) Since he was brought into the hospital.
5. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
(a) That he has had psychiatric problems.
(b) That he has always dramatized things.
(c) That he has not had psychiatric problems.
(d) That he never really worked on Broadway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim's main profession?
2. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
4. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)