|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she loves Jim.
(b) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
(c) That she really does want to divorce him.
(d) That Jim really does like life.
2. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) He has not cooperated with anyone.
(b) He has cooperated with some, not with others.
(c) He has cooperated with everyone.
(d) He has cooperated with everyone except Ann.
3. Why does Jim feel that he is being detained in the fifth scene of the play?
(a) For very little reason.
(b) For no reason.
(c) For too many reasons.
(d) For paranoid reasons.
4. How many attendants does it take to escort the patient out in the third scene of Act 2?
5. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(b) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(c) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(d) His inability to write his next play.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
2. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
3. What is Dr. Bellman unable to give Jim as Act 2, Scene 2 ends?
4. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)