|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Bellman unable to give Jim as Act 2, Scene 2 ends?
(a) The people behind his prolonged stay.
(b) Hope of being released.
(c) A reason for his release.
(d) The information they have collected while monitoring him.
2. Who is Miss Wingate?
(a) The desk clerk.
(b) The room monitor.
(c) The night nurse.
(d) The morning nurse.
3. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants to die.
(b) That he wants a cigarette.
(c) That he wants a doctor.
(d) That he wants Charlotte.
4. Why does Jim feel that he is being detained in the fifth scene of the play?
(a) For paranoid reasons.
(b) For no reason.
(c) For very little reason.
(d) For too many reasons.
5. What do patients reveal in a semi-conscious state, according to the doctor?
(a) The people they care about the most.
(b) Their true motives.
(c) Their reason for living.
(d) The people they dislike the most.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
2. What do the patients ask Jim about as the third scene in Act 2 begins?
3. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
4. How does Jim respond to seeing a patient removed?
5. When was Jim's last play?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)