|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
(a) He refuses to talk about her.
(b) He has been seeing her.
(c) He has no idea who she is.
(d) He only met her twice.
2. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) His motives for separating with Ann.
(b) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(c) His motives for suicide.
(d) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
3. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she starts thinking of which relatives to call.
(b) That she starts remembering what happened to Jim.
(c) That she goes home to get the money for the visit.
(d) That she goes home to rest.
4. What does Miss Wingate tell Jim to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Make a decision quickly about Charlotte or Ann.
(b) End his relationship with Charlotte and go back to Ann.
(c) Forget about both Charlotte and Ann.
(d) Divorce Ann and stay with Charlotte.
5. What does Jim learn about Ann as the third scene in Act 2 ends?
(a) That she has spoken with Charlotte.
(b) That she wants him to be released.
(c) That she could have him released.
(d) That she has threatened Charlotte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
2. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. What does Jim reveal to the doctor about Ann in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. When was Jim's last play?
5. What does Dr. Bellman give Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 2?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)