|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(b) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
(c) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(d) That she tried to kill Jim.
2. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is a negative sign.
(b) He thinks it is a positive sign.
(c) He thinks it is a mistake.
(d) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
3. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
(a) That he must follow the doctor's instructions or he will be placed in a straight jacket.
(b) That he is restricted from talking to the other patients.
(c) That he is not really in a hospital.
(d) That he is in the psychiatric building.
4. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
(a) Question him.
(b) Call the doctor immediately.
(c) Lecture him.
(d) Call the nurse immediately.
5. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
(a) If she has a copy of it.
(b) If there are any explanations for Charlotte.
(c) Why she didn't bring the letter with her.
(d) If there are any explanations for suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ann tell Jim his new location will be for?
2. What reason does Jim give Dr. Bellman for his suicide attempt?
3. What is the only way Charlotte will be allowed to see Jim?
4. What does Jim refuse to discuss with Dr. Bellman in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)