|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Jim is not well enough to leave the hospital.
(b) Jim will need to stay in the hospital for at least another month.
(c) Jim is well enough to leave the hospital, but not go to his interview.
(d) Jim can only leave the hospital if he agrees to go home with Ann.
2. What is Jim's main profession?
(a) He is a Broadway theatre director.
(b) He is a Broadway script writer.
(c) He is a Broadway set decorator.
(d) He is a Broadway actor.
3. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she loves Jim.
(b) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
(c) That she really does want to divorce him.
(d) That Jim really does like life.
4. What kind of mood is Jim in as the fifth scene in the play begins?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is depressed.
5. According to Jim, how would all of the people he knows react to his death?
(a) They would be over it soon.
(b) They would be devastated.
(c) They would not even realize it.
(d) They would celebrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
2. What does Grosberg tell Jim that some other patients do not need in order to be released?
3. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
4. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
5. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that Ann needed?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)