|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
(a) Why she didn't bring the letter with her.
(b) If there are any explanations for suicide.
(c) If there are any explanations for Charlotte.
(d) If she has a copy of it.
2. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(b) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(c) His inability to write his next play.
(d) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
3. What does Dr. Bellman give Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 2?
(a) A scholastic test.
(b) A sanity test.
(c) A physical examination.
4. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
(a) Patients there do not want to leave.
(b) Patients do not leave there as quickly as they would like.
(c) Patients never leave there.
(d) Patients leave there more quickly than they think.
5. What does Jim realize about Ann as Act 1 ends?
(a) That she knows about Charlotte.
(b) That she is crazier than he is.
(c) That she knew about the plan to move him.
(d) That she fabricated the job interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. How does Jim respond to seeing a patient removed?
3. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
5. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)