|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Jim eventually respond to Dr. Bellman's first request?
(a) He refuses to comply.
(b) He complies.
(c) He berates the doctor.
(d) He requests to talk to a supervisor.
2. Where is one of the other patients sent in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To "seven."
(b) To the psychiatric ward.
(c) To the doctor's office.
(d) To the state hospital.
3. What do the patients ask Jim about as the third scene in Act 2 begins?
(a) If he knows any police officers.
(b) If he knows any celebrities.
(c) If he knows any doctors.
(d) If he knows any singers.
4. How did Jim get the pills to take?
(a) At different pharmacies in other towns.
(b) At one pharmacy in another town.
(c) At one pharmacy in town.
(d) At different pharmacies around town.
5. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
(a) He refuses to talk about her.
(b) He only met her twice.
(c) He has been seeing her.
(d) He has no idea who she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
3. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
5. What is the only way Charlotte will be allowed to see Jim?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)