|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Jim give Dr. Bellman for his suicide attempt?
(a) His insurance policy.
(b) His job.
(c) His lack of friends.
(d) His obsession with pills.
2. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) A manual labor job.
(b) A teaching job.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) An office job.
3. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
(a) He has no idea who she is.
(b) He only met her twice.
(c) He has been seeing her.
(d) He refuses to talk about her.
4. As the first scene in Act 3 ends, what will Jim always be in, according to Harry?
(a) A difficult financial situation.
(b) Trouble with the doctors.
(c) Ann's debt.
(d) Ann's custody.
5. According to Harry, who is Jim's only chance to be released from the hospital?
(b) Dr. Bellman.
(d) Miss Wingate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Jim eventually respond to Dr. Bellman's first request?
2. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that Ann needed?
3. How did Jim get the pills to take?
4. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
5. How many days have passed between Act 2 and Act 3?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)