|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
(a) That he will sign the divorce papers.
(b) That he will forget about Charlotte.
(c) That he will finally tell her who Charlotte is.
(d) That he will want to heal their marriage.
2. In what way does Jim eventually respond to Dr. Bellman's first request?
(a) He complies.
(b) He refuses to comply.
(c) He berates the doctor.
(d) He requests to talk to a supervisor.
3. How many days have passed between Act 2 and Act 3?
4. How does Jim initially respond to Dr. Bellman's request?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He is annoyed.
5. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To recount the days leading up to his suicide attempt.
(b) To tell him about the letter.
(c) To tell him about his hospital stay.
(d) To recount his suicide attempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jim feeling when Harry visits him?
2. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that Ann needed?
3. As the first scene in Act 3 ends, what will Jim always be in, according to Harry?
4. What does Dr. Bellman give Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 2?
5. What does Jim refuse to discuss with Dr. Bellman in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)