|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim describe suicide to Dr. Bellman?
(a) He thinks it is a selfish act.
(b) He thinks it is not a desperate act.
(c) He thinks it is not a selfish act.
(d) He thinks it is a desperate act.
2. What has Ann told the school?
(a) That Jim will be returning shortly.
(b) That Jim will not be returning.
(c) That Jim will be on vacation until next year.
(d) That Jim will be returning in a few months.
3. What reason does Jim give Dr. Bellman for his suicide attempt?
(a) His insurance policy.
(b) His lack of friends.
(c) His obsession with pills.
(d) His job.
4. What has limited the number of visits Harry has been able to make?
(a) His financial difficulties.
(b) His gambling problem.
(c) His family and business.
(d) His fear of hospitals.
5. How did Jim get the pills to take?
(a) At one pharmacy in town.
(b) At one pharmacy in another town.
(c) At different pharmacies around town.
(d) At different pharmacies in other towns.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days have passed between Act 2 and Act 3?
2. How is Jim feeling when Harry visits him?
3. In what way does Jim eventually respond to Dr. Bellman's first request?
4. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
5. According to Jim, how would all of the people he knows react to his death?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)