|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim describe suicide to Dr. Bellman?
(a) He thinks it is a selfish act.
(b) He thinks it is not a desperate act.
(c) He thinks it is a desperate act.
(d) He thinks it is not a selfish act.
2. How does Jim initially respond to Dr. Bellman's request?
(a) He is annoyed.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He is silent.
3. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
(a) That he will sign the divorce papers.
(b) That he will finally tell her who Charlotte is.
(c) That he will forget about Charlotte.
(d) That he will want to heal their marriage.
4. How does Harry advise Jim to act from now on?
(a) As if he wants to stay in the hospital.
(b) As if he loves Ann.
(c) As if he wants to be sent to "seven."
(d) As if he does not want to teach.
5. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To recount the days leading up to his suicide attempt.
(b) To tell him about the letter.
(c) To recount his suicide attempt.
(d) To tell him about his hospital stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
2. What is Dr. Bellman unable to give Jim as Act 2, Scene 2 ends?
3. Who is Dr. Bellman?
4. What does Dr. Bellman give Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 2?
5. In what way does Jim eventually respond to Dr. Bellman's first request?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)