|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel recovering from in "A Country Love Story"?
2. Who recommends that Daniel move to the country?
3. What kind of parting does Tory have with her son?
4. Who does Joanna take a ride with after a horse show?
5. Where did Allan Cedar's wife inherit a house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rondo jealous of Stella?
2. Describe Mrs. Stoner.
3. What does Laura betray in "Flowering Judas" and how?
4. How will John Ferris seek a more permanent status in his life?
5. What is May's pain at the end of "A Country Love Story"?
6. What does "Marriage A La Mode" show about England?
7. What practical joke does Mrs. Sappleton's niece play on Framton Nuttle?
8. How does seeing Elizabeth affect John Ferris?
9. What does Allan Cedar need to do in order to be happy?
10. What does Edward dislike about Tory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Horse Dealer's Daughter" contains a love story involving two starkly different people. How are Mabel and Jack the same? How are they different? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Class conflict is a theme that runs through "The Outstation." How is class conflict portrayed in the story? How are Cooper and Warburton embroiled in their own conflict? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
"Flowering Judas" is a story about betrayal. How is the theme of betrayal reflected in the story? How is betrayal cyclical, especially in this story? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)