|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sandy?
2. How does Squawks Magrew feel at the end of the story?
3. What does Larry's father do when Larry has a tantrum?
4. What is Mrs. Stoner's profession?
5. What does Stella come home with after her separation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Cooper viewed in Warburton's eyes?
2. How is imagery used effectively as a literary device in "Innocence"?
3. What does Edward dislike about Tory?
4. How does Braggioni betray his wife and comrades?
5. How does Larry forgive his father?
6. How does Daniel push May away?
7. What does Allan Cedar need to do in order to be happy?
8. Describe Warburton and his manner with servants.
9. What practical joke does Mrs. Sappleton's niece play on Framton Nuttle?
10. What does Laura betray in "Flowering Judas" and how?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In every story, there is a plot, which includes a climax, and that is no different in "Virga Vay & Allan." Discuss the events of the story leading up to the climax. What does the climax of the story demonstrate? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
"Flowering Judas" is a story about betrayal. How is the theme of betrayal reflected in the story? How is betrayal cyclical, especially in this story? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Social class and responsibility are themes reflected in "The Boarding House." How are the themes of social class and responsibility reflected in the story? How is social responsibility used to manipulate another person, and why? Remember to answer each question with support from the story.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)