|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pepe's mom send him when he kills a man?
(a) Into the mountainside.
(c) Reform school.
(d) Another country.
2. What does Framton hear towards the end of "The Open Window"?
(a) A car.
(b) A dog.
(d) A bird.
3. Who does Squawks Magrew send in to bat in the ninth inning?
4. What does Squawks Magrew do with Pearl?
(a) Calls the police on him.
(b) Kidnaps him.
(c) Throws him in the air.
(d) Kills him.
5. What happens to Mr. Speed outside the door when Elizabeth calls the police?
(a) He has a stroke.
(b) He slips.
(c) A car hits him.
(d) He has a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the police on Mr. Speed?
2. How does Squawks Magrew feel at the end of the story?
3. What is Virga's last name?
4. What is the score when Squawks Magrew sends in the little person?
5. Where does Allan drive to meet Virga?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth realize she used her power in the wrong way in "A Spinster's Tale"?
2. How does Larry forgive his father?
3. What does Laura betray in "Flowering Judas" and how?
4. How is imagery used effectively as a literary device in "Innocence"?
5. How will John Ferris seek a more permanent status in his life?
6. How does seeing Elizabeth affect John Ferris?
7. Why is Rondo jealous of Stella?
8. Briefly describe the Freudian theme in "My Oedipal Complex."
9. Why is the doctor in "The Use of Force" adamant about seeing the little girl's throat?
10. How does Christian Darling essentially lose his wife?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)