|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Carlier and Kayerts do for a living?
(b) Run a trading post.
(c) Run a mechanic shop.
(d) Run a school.
2. What does the new home owner try to give Foiral?
(a) Another house.
(b) A check.
(c) A present.
(d) A key.
3. Who does Dexter first become engaged to?
4. What is Sartoris's father accused of?
(b) Kidnapping someone.
(c) Burning down a barn.
(d) Shooting someone.
5. What makes Foiral think that the home owner is rich?
(a) He has bought dozens of homes.
(b) He wears a lot of expensive clothing.
(c) He said he is rich.
(d) He has blank checks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mabel?
2. In what month does George and Naboth's race take place?
3. What is Jack's last name in "The Horse Dealer's Daughter"?
4. What does Harold hate discussing?
5. Who is Peter Brench's friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Mooney seek to increase the social class of her daughter, Polly?
2. What decision does Sartoris make concerning his father by the end of "Barn Burning"?
3. Describe Foiral.
4. What themes are prominent in "The Third Prize," and how?
5. How does Harold Krebs come home from war as a different person?
6. Describe Pop Apling.
7. How does the town's instability affect Carlier and Kayerts?
8. What does the egg in "The Egg" represent?
9. Describe the father in "The Egg."
10. Why does Peter Brench choose to ignore the fact that his friend's artwork is horrible?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)