|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the father in "The Egg" think he can improve his second business?
(a) By letting someone else run it.
(b) By hiring more people.
(c) By being meaner to customers.
(d) By being happier to customers.
2. What is wrong with girls in Harold's view?
(a) They are too simple.
(b) They are too attractive.
(c) They are too complicated.
(d) They are too unattractive.
3. What is Jack Fergusson's profession?
4. What do Foiral's friends come back with after going to the house?
(c) Two checks for thirty thousand dollars.
5. How long do the Drakes plan to vacation?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) A day.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Bottle of Milk for Mother," what is Lefty interrogated for?
2. Where does Harold go to work?
3. What is Harold's last name?
4. What town does Jack Potter work in?
5. Who tries to attack Jack Potter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Duran feel anxious about marrying Polly?
2. Describe Michael in "Impulse."
3. Describe Foiral.
4. How is Beech Carwright rewarded for his actions?
5. Why does Lefty struggle between his identity and future?
6. Describe the history of Jack Lorey and Joan Harris.
7. Why does Peter Brench choose to ignore the fact that his friend's artwork is horrible?
8. How does "The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky" represent new beginnings?
9. Were the checks worth the money in "Witch's Money"?
10. Describe Dexter Green and his feelings toward Judy.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)