Mid-Book Test (up to Chapter 10)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. Tolstoy wrote a biting criticism of what playwright's work?
2. According to Orwell, what were Smith's religious beliefs?
3. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
4. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
5. What does Orwell say about Tolstoy's conversion?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. Why did Orwell kill the elephant against his will?
2. What happens as the prisoner is being led to his fate?
This section contains 968 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)