Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person is Thibaw?
(a) Colorful, but harmless.
(b) Drunken and homicidal.
(c) Wise and noble.
(d) Fair and just.
2. What is the first poem Orwell mentions in Chapter 17?
(a) "Humpty Dumpty".
(b) "Solomon Grundy".
(c) "The Owl and the Pussycat".
(d) "Hey Diddle Diddle".
3. Orwell refers to all of the titles in Chapter 16 as great examples of what?
(a) Commercial literature.
(b) Light literature.
(c) Children's literature.
(d) Fantasy tales.
4. According to Orwell, what is the reason that people don't read?
(a) The plots of most books are boring.
(b) Books are too expensive.
(c) They would rather go to movies, to pubs, or watch dog racing.
(d) Reading a book takes too much effort.
5. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, why might athletes try to cheat?
2. In Chapter 15, Orwell tallies the price of what commodities?
3. According to Orwell, what is not a popular subject in his essays?
4. How much did it cost to plant the garden Orwell describes in Chapter 13?
5. In Orwell's ideal world, how would the quality of each work be reflected in its reviews?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)