|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
2. What does Orwell compare athletes to?
(b) Chess pieces.
3. The murderer, according to Orwell, kills his victim to avoid what?
(a) Financial ruin.
(d) Disgrace or scandal.
4. Orwell feels that it is possible to play sports, for fun and recreation, in the absence of what?
(a) The players' personal pride.
(b) Nationalist spirit.
(c) Monetary concerns.
5. According to Orwell, what is not a popular subject in his essays?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Thibaw's legacy in Mandalay?
2. What term does Orwell use to describe modern sports?
3. Which of these is NOT one of the books Orwell names as a "good bad book"?
4. How does the animal discussed in Chapter 12 discern the sex of other members of its species?
5. According to Orwell, what should the relationship be between the murderer and the victim?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)