|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orwell describe the ideal murderer, in a murder story?
2. How many works is the person in Chapter 14 attempting to review?
3. According to Orwell, what is not a popular subject in his essays?
4. What are the benefits of the poems in Chapter 17?
(a) They are written by great poets.
(b) They are easy to remember.
(c) They are funny, or fun to read.
(d) They are short.
5. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about the quality of contemporary murder literature?
2. Orwell says, in Chapter 12, that he has occasionally found what in summer?
3. What is the best motive for a compelling murder mystery, according to Orwell?
4. The hibernation period of the animal discussed in Chapter 12 generally draws to a close in time for what?
5. According to Orwell, what do newspapers try to do when reporting on sports events?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)