|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Orwell describes an image of what, taken from books such as "Tom Sawyer" and "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
(a) A home.
(b) A garden.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) A church.
2. Chapter 12 begins with a description of the life cycle of what animal?
3. Orwell states that books are the least expensive media pleasures, next to what?
4. Orwell feels that it is possible to play sports, for fun and recreation, in the absence of what?
(a) Monetary concerns.
(b) The players' personal pride.
(d) Nationalist spirit.
5. Orwell refers to what form of medieval art to back up his claims about outdoor workers and nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
2. Orwell refers to all of the titles in Chapter 16 as great examples of what?
3. What are the benefits of the poems in Chapter 17?
4. In Chapter 15, Orwell tallies the price of what commodities?
5. What does Orwell say about children's books, in Chapter 18?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)