|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell compare athletes to?
(a) Chess pieces.
2. What types of sporting events does Orwell support?
(a) Local, friendly games.
(b) Youth events.
(c) Events held for charity.
(d) International sports.
3. Which title, named in Chapter 16, is also the subject of Chapter 18?
(a) "King Solomon's Mines".
(c) "Helen's Babies".
(d) "Uncle Tom's Cabin".
4. How does Orwell describe "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
(a) Boring, but well-executed.
(b) Frivolous and stupid.
(c) Childish and melodramatic.
(d) Poorly written, but memorable.
5. Orwell refers to what form of medieval art to back up his claims about outdoor workers and nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell feels that it is possible to play sports, for fun and recreation, in the absence of what?
2. According to Orwell, what did older American literature have, that the newer doesn't?
3. In Chapter 18, Orwell describes an image of what, taken from books such as "Tom Sawyer" and "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
4. How much did it cost to plant the garden Orwell describes in Chapter 13?
5. Orwell compares "Helen's Babies" with the works of what other author?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)