|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell says, in Chapter 12, that he has occasionally found what in summer?
(a) A patch of wheat.
(b) A salamander, under a log.
(c) A den of fox kits.
(d) A toad that never woke up from hibernation.
2. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
3. According to Orwell, how do international sporting events affect relations between countries?
(a) They make them worse.
(b) They have no effect.
(c) They make them better.
(d) They worsen relations between citizens, but improve relations between leaders.
4. What term does Orwell use to describe modern sports?
5. What event does Orwell cite as evidence for his argument about sports?
(a) The money that has been donated to charity by sports stars.
(b) The killing of a tennis star by a crazed fan.
(c) The riots at the 1936 Olympic Games.
(d) The peace treaty that was signed after the 1922 Olympic Games.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, what do newspapers try to do when reporting on sports events?
2. What does Orwell refer to as the era of great murder mystery literature?
3. What is the main characteristic of the poems, written by the poet mentioned in Chapter 17?
4. Orwell refers to what form of medieval art to back up his claims about outdoor workers and nature?
5. In "Good Bad Books", what kind of books does Orwell write about?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)