|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about the quality of contemporary murder literature?
(a) It is poor, but improving.
(b) It is good.
(c) It is good, but declining.
(d) It is poor.
2. What kind of person is Thibaw?
(a) Colorful, but harmless.
(b) Drunken and homicidal.
(c) Fair and just.
(d) Wise and noble.
3. What does Orwell refer to as the era of great murder mystery literature?
(b) "Dark Ages."
(c) "Golden Age."
(d) "Elizabethan period."
4. According to Orwell, how would reviews be handled in an ideal world?
(a) There wouldn't be any reviews.
(b) The number of works being reviewed would be greatly restricted.
(c) More people would write reviews, so that each reviewer wouldn't have to do as much work.
(d) Ordinary people would write reviews and share them with one another.
5. What kind of person would be Orwell's ideal murder-mystery protagonist?
(a) A rich aristocrat.
(b) A local professional.
(c) A lower-class citizen.
(d) A celebrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many crimes does Orwell mention as being turned into great literature?
2. What types of sporting events does Orwell support?
3. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
4. How does Orwell feel about winning by cheating?
5. What is the most famous poem written by the poet mentioned in Chapter 17?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)