|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best motive for a compelling murder mystery, according to Orwell?
(d) Lust or power.
2. What kind of person is Thibaw?
(a) Colorful, but harmless.
(b) Wise and noble.
(c) Drunken and homicidal.
(d) Fair and just.
3. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
(a) He keeps getting interrupted.
(b) The works he is reviewing are boring.
(c) He is too busy to write them.
(d) He is afraid of offending the works' authors.
4. How does Orwell feel about Jack the Ripper?
(a) He committed "perfect" murders, worthy of being turned into literature.
(b) He thinks he was a fraud.
(c) He thinks he was sloppy, and just got lucky in not being caught.
(d) He thinks it was actually a group of people committing the murders.
5. What types of sporting events does Orwell support?
(a) Youth events.
(b) Local, friendly games.
(c) Events held for charity.
(d) International sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell refer to as the era of great murder mystery literature?
2. How many works is the person in Chapter 14 attempting to review?
3. What are the benefits of the poems in Chapter 17?
4. Orwell refers to all of the titles in Chapter 16 as great examples of what?
5. What nonsense poet is named in Chapter 17?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)