|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Orwell describes an image of what, taken from books such as "Tom Sawyer" and "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
(a) A schoolhouse.
(b) A church.
(c) A home.
(d) A garden.
2. How does Orwell feel about people bonding through sports?
(a) He thinks it is the best way to bond.
(b) He thinks there are better ways to bond.
(c) He doesn't believe it is possible.
(d) He doesn't offer an opinion.
3. According to Orwell, what should the relationship be between the murderer and the victim?
(b) Son or daughter.
4. Orwell refers to what form of medieval art to back up his claims about outdoor workers and nature?
5. How does Orwell describe "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
(a) Frivolous and stupid.
(b) Poorly written, but memorable.
(c) Boring, but well-executed.
(d) Childish and melodramatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell refers to all of the titles in Chapter 16 as great examples of what?
2. Orwell remarks that no one ever plants what type of tree?
3. How many crimes does Orwell mention as being turned into great literature?
4. What is the main characteristic of the poems, written by the poet mentioned in Chapter 17?
5. What do Orwell's readers think Orwell should be focusing on?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)