|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orwell describe the ideal murderer, in a murder story?
2. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
(a) The works he is reviewing are boring.
(b) He keeps getting interrupted.
(c) He is afraid of offending the works' authors.
(d) He is too busy to write them.
3. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
4. What do Orwell's readers think Orwell should be focusing on?
(a) Righting social wrongs.
(b) Commenting on political injustices.
(c) Writing fiction.
(d) Writing literary criticism.
5. According to Orwell, spring is more noticeable for people in what areas?
(a) Rural and urban.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell compare athletes to?
2. Why does Orwell claim that his readers think farmers and fishermen wouldn't be interested in reading his essays about nature?
3. Orwell feels that it is possible to play sports, for fun and recreation, in the absence of what?
4. According to Orwell, what flaw is shared by all of the titles he mentions in Chapter 16?
5. How does Orwell describe "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)