|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 12 begins with a description of the life cycle of what animal?
2. What does Orwell use as an example of a new form of children's literature?
(a) The "Superman" comics.
(b) The "Nancy Drew" series.
(c) The "Hardy Boys" series.
(d) The "Penrod" series.
3. Orwell refers to the art of which countries to prove that those who work outdoors are interested in nature?
(a) Spain and France.
(b) China and Japan.
(c) America and England.
(d) Egypt and Spain.
4. What types of sporting events does Orwell support?
(a) Local, friendly games.
(b) Youth events.
(c) Events held for charity.
(d) International sports.
5. What does Orwell say about the meaning of the poems he mentions in Chapter 17?
(a) They mean very little.
(b) They mean something different to each person who reads them.
(c) They have no meaning.
(d) They have profound meaning, though disguised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell suggest as an act of contrition for someone who has committed a sin?
2. How does Orwell describe the ideal murderer, in a murder story?
3. What kind of person is Thibaw?
4. What does Orwell compare athletes to?
5. What relationship does Orwell establish between social justice and nature?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)