|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Orwell, what are the feelings between two teams in a sporting event?
2. Orwell says, in Chapter 12, that he has occasionally found what in summer?
(a) A toad that never woke up from hibernation.
(b) A patch of wheat.
(c) A salamander, under a log.
(d) A den of fox kits.
3. Orwell refers to the art of which countries to prove that those who work outdoors are interested in nature?
(a) Spain and France.
(b) Egypt and Spain.
(c) China and Japan.
(d) America and England.
4. What does "Helen's Babies" say about America, according to Orwell?
(a) It characterizes America much more tamely than older literature.
(b) It portrays America inaccurately.
(c) It is a characterization of only one class in American society.
(d) It portrays Americans as immature and selfish.
5. According to Orwell, spring is more noticeable for people in what areas?
(a) Rural and urban.
Short Answer Questions
1. The murderer, according to Orwell, kills his victim to avoid what?
2. In "Good Bad Books", what kind of books does Orwell write about?
3. What term does Orwell use to describe modern sports?
4. According to Orwell, when is the best time to read a good murder mystery?
5. In Orwell's ideal world, how would the quality of each work be reflected in its reviews?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)