|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
(a) He is afraid of offending the works' authors.
(b) The works he is reviewing are boring.
(c) He keeps getting interrupted.
(d) He is too busy to write them.
2. What does Orwell say about the meaning of the poems he mentions in Chapter 17?
(a) They have profound meaning, though disguised.
(b) They mean very little.
(c) They mean something different to each person who reads them.
(d) They have no meaning.
3. Chapter 12 begins with a description of the life cycle of what animal?
4. According to Orwell, what flaw is shared by all of the titles he mentions in Chapter 16?
(a) A kind of absurdity.
(b) Poor writing skill.
(c) A boring plot.
(d) Unmemorable characters.
5. What term does Orwell use to describe modern sports?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about the quality of contemporary murder literature?
2. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
3. According to Orwell, what is not a popular subject in his essays?
4. According to Orwell, what did older American literature have, that the newer doesn't?
5. Orwell refers to all of the titles in Chapter 16 as great examples of what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)