|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does Orwell establish between social justice and nature?
(a) Nature can only be truly appreciated by those who are oppressed.
(b) Only the oppressors are free to truly appreciate the beauty of nature.
(c) There is no relationship between the two.
(d) Nature is a blessing that can be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of the social injustices they endure.
2. Orwell compares "Helen's Babies" with the works of what other author?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Orson Scott Wells.
(d) Jules Verne.
3. In Orwell's ideal world, how would the quality of each work be reflected in its reviews?
(a) Good works would get long, detailed reviews; poor ones would get only a few lines.
(b) All works would receive equal treatment.
(c) Only the poor works would be reviewed, so that people could avoid them.
(d) Only the good works would be reviewed, so that people could seek them out.
4. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
5. According to Orwell, when is the best time to read a good murder mystery?
(a) Saturday evening.
(b) Sunday afternoon.
(c) Saturday morning.
(d) Friday evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about people bonding through sports?
2. How does Orwell feel about Jack the Ripper?
3. Orwell refers to the art of which countries to prove that those who work outdoors are interested in nature?
4. According to Orwell, how would reviews be handled in an ideal world?
5. Orwell remarks that no one ever plants what type of tree?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)