|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Orwell, how do international sporting events affect relations between countries?
(a) They have no effect.
(b) They make them better.
(c) They make them worse.
(d) They worsen relations between citizens, but improve relations between leaders.
2. According to Orwell, how would reviews be handled in an ideal world?
(a) More people would write reviews, so that each reviewer wouldn't have to do as much work.
(b) There wouldn't be any reviews.
(c) The number of works being reviewed would be greatly restricted.
(d) Ordinary people would write reviews and share them with one another.
3. How does Orwell feel about Jack the Ripper?
(a) He thinks he was sloppy, and just got lucky in not being caught.
(b) He committed "perfect" murders, worthy of being turned into literature.
(c) He thinks it was actually a group of people committing the murders.
(d) He thinks he was a fraud.
4. Chapter 12 begins with a description of the life cycle of what animal?
5. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
2. Orwell states that books are the least expensive media pleasures, next to what?
3. How does Orwell feel about the quality of contemporary murder literature?
4. Which of these is NOT one of the books Orwell names as a "good bad book"?
5. In Chapter 15, Orwell tallies the price of what commodities?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)