|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell refers to what form of medieval art to back up his claims about outdoor workers and nature?
2. What does "Helen's Babies" say about America, according to Orwell?
(a) It portrays America inaccurately.
(b) It is a characterization of only one class in American society.
(c) It characterizes America much more tamely than older literature.
(d) It portrays Americans as immature and selfish.
3. What relationship does Orwell establish between social justice and nature?
(a) Only the oppressors are free to truly appreciate the beauty of nature.
(b) Nature can only be truly appreciated by those who are oppressed.
(c) Nature is a blessing that can be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of the social injustices they endure.
(d) There is no relationship between the two.
4. According to Orwell, what should the relationship be between the murderer and the victim?
(c) Son or daughter.
5. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Orwell describes an image of what, taken from books such as "Tom Sawyer" and "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
2. How does Orwell describe "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
3. What does Orwell cite as a reason for the quality of contemporary murder literature?
4. What event does Orwell cite as evidence for his argument about sports?
5. How much did it cost to plant the garden Orwell describes in Chapter 13?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)