|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell refer to as the era of great murder mystery literature?
(a) "Dark Ages."
(b) "Elizabethan period."
(c) "Golden Age."
2. According to Orwell, how do international sporting events affect relations between countries?
(a) They make them worse.
(b) They have no effect.
(c) They make them better.
(d) They worsen relations between citizens, but improve relations between leaders.
3. How many works is the person in Chapter 14 attempting to review?
4. What term does Orwell use to describe modern sports?
5. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nonsense poet is named in Chapter 17?
2. Orwell refers to the art of which countries to prove that those who work outdoors are interested in nature?
3. What does Orwell use as an example of a new form of children's literature?
4. How does Orwell feel about spring?
5. The hibernation period of the animal discussed in Chapter 12 generally draws to a close in time for what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)