Short Answer Key
1. What is the narrator's profession?
2. Where is the narrator working?
3. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
4. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
The British Empire.
5. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
They harass and insult him whenever they can.
6. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
7. What has the elephant destroyed?
A bamboo hut, some fruit stalls, and a rubbish van.
8. Where did the elephant come from?
It was domesticated.
9. How many people were killed by the elephant while it was rampaging?
10. Why does the narrator hesitate to kill the elephant?
It is a large and expensive piece of machinery.
11. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
The angry crowd doesn't really give him a choice.
12. How does...
This section contains 2,747 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)