|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does Orwell establish between freedom for political writers, and non-political ones?
(a) Freedom for political writers does not affect freedom for non-political ones.
(b) The two freedoms go hand in hand.
(c) Freedom for non-political writers does not affect freedom for political ones.
(d) Orwell doesn't establish a relationship between the two.
2. What term does Orwell use to describe modern sports?
3. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
(a) The name of the god, Ram.
(b) Nonsense words.
(c) A Hindu prayer for salvation.
(d) The names of his family members.
4. What is the name of John Milton's pamphlet that Orwell mentions in Chapter 8?
5. What crucial element of Shakespeare's works does Tolstoy fail to recognize, according to Orwell?
(a) The fact that Shakespeare deliberately incorporated flaws into his work.
(b) Shakespeare's status as a poet.
(c) The social commentary in Shakespeare's works.
(d) Shakespeare's lack of education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
2. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
3. What does the narrator call the hospital?
4. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
5. According to Orwell, spring is more noticeable for people in what areas?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)