|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
(a) A stray cat.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A stray dog.
2. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
3. Orwell begins Chapter 8 with a meeting of what club?
(a) The Lions Club.
(b) The Rotary Club.
(c) The 4-H Club.
(d) The P.E.N. Club.
4. How many crimes does Orwell mention as being turned into great literature?
5. Orwell remarks that no one ever plants what type of tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, what were Smith's religious beliefs?
2. What was Thibaw's legacy in Mandalay?
3. What book does Orwell quote to support his argument against Satyagraha?
4. What object is linked to the Vicar of Bray?
5. What is the first poem Orwell mentions in Chapter 17?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)