|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
(c) Cold baths.
(d) The application of mustard poultices.
2. According to Orwell, what should the relationship be between the murderer and the victim?
(c) Son or daughter.
3. According to Orwell, how does Gandhi compare to other politicians of his time?
(a) He left a remarkably "clean smell" behind.
(b) He didn't focus on the same issues.
(c) He accomplished much more.
(d) He didn't accomplish as much.
4. To Orwell, freedom of the press means the liberty to do what?
(a) Put a spin on the story, as long as the facts are correct.
(b) Report anything, whether it is true or not.
(c) Criticize and oppose.
(d) Express personal opinions.
5. What does Orwell say about the meaning of the poems he mentions in Chapter 17?
(a) They have profound meaning, though disguised.
(b) They mean something different to each person who reads them.
(c) They mean very little.
(d) They have no meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, how do international sporting events affect relations between countries?
2. What is the first poem Orwell mentions in Chapter 17?
3. How does Orwell feel about winning by cheating?
4. The third speaker, in Chapter 8, attacked what?
5. What is the subject of Gulliver's ranting in the second book of "Gulliver's Travels"?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)