|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many crimes does Orwell mention as being turned into great literature?
2. How is the Burmese jail described?
(a) Old and musty.
(b) Spacious and institutional.
(c) Wet and unsanitary.
(d) Small and dank.
3. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
4. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
(a) They try to help him escape.
(b) They begin to feel some compassion for him.
(c) It doesn't seem to have an effect on them.
(d) They want him to die quickly.
5. Which play did Tolstoy criticize most harshly?
(a) "Dr. Faustus".
(b) "Romeo and Juliet".
(c) "King Lear".
(d) "The Misanthrope".
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
2. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
3. In "The Managerial Revolution", what does Burnham say about capitalism?
4. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
5. The fourth speaker, in Chapter 8, defended the purges in what country?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)