|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the elephant die?
(a) It kills two people before finally collapsing.
(b) It doesn't die, it escapes.
(c) It dies quickly and painlessly.
(d) It is shot twice but dies slowly.
2. What was the substance of the second speaker's argument, in Chapter 8?
(a) He felt liberty was a good thing, but spoke in a very general way.
(b) He argued against freedom of the press.
(c) He argued that freedom of the press and freedom of speech are not necessarily the same.
(d) He argued that liberty was a good thing, in very specific circumstances.
3. What has the elephant destroyed?
(a) A cart with vegetables in it.
(b) A bamboo hut, some fruit stalls, and a rubbish van.
(c) A newsstand.
(d) A.grove of trees, a hut, and a bicycle.
4. According to Orwell, what do newspapers try to do when reporting on sports events?
(a) Incite fans.
(b) Report as accurately as possible.
(c) Make their team look good.
(d) Cover up the enmity between opposing sides.
5. How many works is the person in Chapter 14 attempting to review?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell feels that it is possible to play sports, for fun and recreation, in the absence of what?
2. How do the police and magistrates feel after the prisoner's death?
3. The third speaker, in Chapter 8, attacked what?
4. How did the first speaker, in Chapter 8, feel about freedom of the press?
5. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)