|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The murderer, according to Orwell, kills his victim to avoid what?
(b) Financial ruin.
(c) Disgrace or scandal.
2. How does the animal discussed in Chapter 12 discern the sex of other members of its species?
(a) By the markings on their backs.
(b) By the length of their legs.
(c) By the color of their skin.
(d) By attempting to mate.
3. What does Orwell compare athletes to?
(a) Chess pieces.
4. In Chapter 15, Orwell tallies the price of what commodities?
(a) Movies, books and records.
(b) Alcohol and food.
(c) Food, clothing and books.
(d) Alcohol, cigarettes and books.
5. The hibernation period of the animal discussed in Chapter 12 generally draws to a close in time for what?
(a) The spring mating season.
(c) Collecting food for another hibernation.
(d) The toad to eat, before it starves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell suggest as an act of contrition for someone who has committed a sin?
2. According to Orwell, what political structure fosters great literature?
3. How did the first speaker, in Chapter 8, feel about freedom of the press?
4. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
5. What does the narrator call the hospital?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)