|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burnham say about the Nazis?
(a) They were monsters.
(b) They were good soldiers, with corrupt leadership.
(c) They may have been monsters in a different era, but in this one, they were fine.
(d) They were well intended, but misguided.
2. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
3. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
(a) Italian scholars.
(b) English noblemen.
(c) American writers.
(d) German professors.
4. What is the name of John Milton's pamphlet that Orwell mentions in Chapter 8?
5. How does Orwell describe Gandhi's political solutions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the elephant come from?
2. The murderer, according to Orwell, kills his victim to avoid what?
3. What is the best motive for a compelling murder mystery, according to Orwell?
4. How does Orwell feel about books?
5. How does Orwell feel about Burnham, and his methods of prophesying?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)