|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the elephant destroyed?
(a) A cart with vegetables in it.
(b) A bamboo hut, some fruit stalls, and a rubbish van.
(c) A newsstand.
(d) A.grove of trees, a hut, and a bicycle.
2. In Chapter 15, Orwell tallies the price of what commodities?
(a) Alcohol and food.
(b) Food, clothing and books.
(c) Movies, books and records.
(d) Alcohol, cigarettes and books.
3. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
(a) He has been imprisoned.
(b) He has gone from being the oppressor, to being the victim.
(c) He has been reassigned.
(d) He has been demoted.
4. What does Burnham write about the atrocities Stalin committed?
(a) The world wasn't aware of anything Stalin did until after he died.
(b) The world believed Stalin because he gave just enough evidence to back up his claims.
(c) The things he did were so outrageous that the rest of the world was inclined to believe his reasons for doing so.
(d) The world knew Stalin was crazy, but couldn't do anything to stop him.
5. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
(a) The Burmese.
(b) The prisoners.
(c) The police.
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
2. What does Orwell say is the sole purpose of a metaphor?
3. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
4. According to Orwell, how would reviews be handled in an ideal world?
5. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)