|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
2. What is the first poem Orwell mentions in Chapter 17?
(a) "Hey Diddle Diddle".
(b) "The Owl and the Pussycat".
(c) "Humpty Dumpty".
(d) "Solomon Grundy".
3. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
(d) Scarlet fever.
4. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
5. How much did it cost to plant the garden Orwell describes in Chapter 13?
(a) Twelve and sixpence.
(b) Six and sixpence.
(c) Two pounds.
(d) Three shillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, when is the best time to read a good murder mystery?
2. Orwell states that books are the least expensive media pleasures, next to what?
3. Tolstoy accuses the playwright he is criticizing of having a philosophy similar to whom?
4. How many people were killed by the elephant while it was rampaging?
5. How does Orwell feel about Shakespeare?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)