|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
(a) The works he is reviewing are boring.
(b) He is too busy to write them.
(c) He keeps getting interrupted.
(d) He is afraid of offending the works' authors.
2. What does Burnham write about Stalin?
(a) He is a sham, who must be overthrown.
(b) He is less than ideal, but still a competent leader.
(c) He is a necessary and logical continuation from Lenin.
(d) He is brilliant and misunderstood.
3. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
(a) Because he doesn't want anyone else to get hurt.
(b) Because it is his job.
(c) The angry crowd doesn't really give him a choice.
(d) Because he wants to collect the reward.
4. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
(a) Compassionate, but incompetent.
(b) The hospital had no nurses, only a few overburdened doctors.
(c) Incapable and unsanitary.
(d) Capable, but uncaring.
5. How do the hospital staff sterilize their equipment between patients?
(a) They don't.
(b) They boil the tools.
(c) They use an autoclave.
(d) They dip the tools in rubbing alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
2. Burnham was influenced by what political writer?
3. What was the substance of the second speaker's argument, in Chapter 8?
4. What object is linked to the Vicar of Bray?
5. What does Orwell mean by the phrase "verbal false limbs"?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)