|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the elephant destroyed?
(a) A.grove of trees, a hut, and a bicycle.
(b) A newsstand.
(c) A cart with vegetables in it.
(d) A bamboo hut, some fruit stalls, and a rubbish van.
2. Orwell refers to the art of which countries to prove that those who work outdoors are interested in nature?
(a) Spain and France.
(b) Egypt and Spain.
(c) China and Japan.
(d) America and England.
3. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
4. What is the name of John Milton's pamphlet that Orwell mentions in Chapter 8?
5. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
(c) Go back to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, what is the reason that people don't read?
2. Tolstoy accuses the playwright he is criticizing of having a philosophy similar to whom?
3. What two groups does Orwell name as an example of people for whom Satyagraha would be an ineffective political tool?
4. What do Orwell's readers think Orwell should be focusing on?
5. According to Orwell, what flaw is apparent in all of the examples of "bad English" that he presents in Chapter 6?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)