|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
(b) Scarlet fever.
2. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
3. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
(a) German professors.
(b) Italian scholars.
(c) English noblemen.
(d) American writers.
4. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
(b) None of the answers is correct.
5. What does Orwell feel can help to reverse the downward trend of the English language?
(b) Better education.
(c) Common sense.
(d) Caring more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of killing does Orwell prefer for murder mysteries?
2. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
3. What does Orwell say about Tolstoy's conversion?
4. According to Orwell, what flaw is apparent in all of the examples of "bad English" that he presents in Chapter 6?
5. What object is linked to the Vicar of Bray?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)