|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
(b) Cold baths.
(c) The application of mustard poultices.
2. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
3. How does Orwell propose to aid the English language?
(a) He does not think there is anything that can be done.
(b) To address the issue to teachers of the language.
(c) To appeal to writers of grammar books and dictionaries.
(d) To inject clear thinking into the process aiding readers in fundamental remedies.
4. What types of sporting events does Orwell support?
(a) Local, friendly games.
(b) Youth events.
(c) Events held for charity.
(d) International sports.
5. Chapter 12 begins with a description of the life cycle of what animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Managerial Revolution", what does Burnham say about capitalism?
2. Orwell states that books are the least expensive media pleasures, next to what?
3. What helped to change Orwell's opinions of Gandhi?
4. What is the name of John Milton's pamphlet that Orwell mentions in Chapter 8?
5. What major change occurred in Tolstoy's life?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)