|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
(a) He keeps getting interrupted.
(b) He is afraid of offending the works' authors.
(c) The works he is reviewing are boring.
(d) He is too busy to write them.
2. According to Orwell, what should the relationship be between the murderer and the victim?
(c) Son or daughter.
3. What does Burnham write about the atrocities Stalin committed?
(a) The world knew Stalin was crazy, but couldn't do anything to stop him.
(b) The things he did were so outrageous that the rest of the world was inclined to believe his reasons for doing so.
(c) The world believed Stalin because he gave just enough evidence to back up his claims.
(d) The world wasn't aware of anything Stalin did until after he died.
4. Orwell states that books are the least expensive media pleasures, next to what?
5. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
(a) Go back to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person would be Orwell's ideal murder-mystery protagonist?
2. What is the best motive for a compelling murder mystery, according to Orwell?
3. Why does Orwell dismiss Tolstoy's criticism?
4. The murderer, according to Orwell, kills his victim to avoid what?
5. How does Orwell feel about Jack the Ripper?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)