|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the doctors in the narrator's hospital do?
(a) Intervene in only the most critical situations.
(b) Make the terminally ill patients as comfortable as possible.
(c) Travel from one target patient to the next, ignoring the other patients who are suffering.
(d) Triage the patients, starting with the most critically injured.
2. Orwell remarks that no one ever plants what type of tree?
3. Why does the narrator hesitate to kill the elephant?
(a) He feels compassion for it.
(b) It is a large and expensive piece of machinery.
(c) He doesn't want to lose face.
(d) He is afraid of the repercussions from the angry crowd.
4. How does Orwell describe Gandhi's political solutions?
5. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
(a) Capable, but uncaring.
(b) The hospital had no nurses, only a few overburdened doctors.
(c) Compassionate, but incompetent.
(d) Incapable and unsanitary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of "Gulliver's Travels" does Orwell discuss in Chapter 5?
2. How does Orwell propose to aid the English language?
3. What kind of person is Thibaw?
4. What is the point of Orwell's essay on the English language?
5. What does Burnham write about the atrocities Stalin committed?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)