|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
(a) Firing squad.
(c) Lethal injection.
2. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
3. How does Orwell feel about the English language?
(a) It is improving.
(b) It is declining, and the trend is irreversible.
(c) It is neither improving nor declining.
(d) It is in decline, but can be saved.
4. Orwell says, in Chapter 12, that he has occasionally found what in summer?
(a) A patch of wheat.
(b) A den of fox kits.
(c) A salamander, under a log.
(d) A toad that never woke up from hibernation.
5. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
(a) They are respectful to his face, but sneer at him behind his back.
(b) They are respectful and grateful to him.
(c) They harass and insult him whenever they can.
(d) They are openly violent at times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell worries that liberty cannot exist without what?
2. According to Orwell, what should the relationship be between the murderer and the victim?
3. Orwell remarks that no one ever plants what type of tree?
4. How does Orwell feel about people bonding through sports?
5. How did the first speaker, in Chapter 8, feel about freedom of the press?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)