|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about spring?
(a) He dislikes it.
(b) He finds it intriguing, but it neither pleases nor displeases him.
(c) He takes great pleasure in it.
(d) He observes it disinterestedly.
2. In Chapter 15, Orwell tallies the price of what commodities?
(a) Alcohol, cigarettes and books.
(b) Alcohol and food.
(c) Movies, books and records.
(d) Food, clothing and books.
3. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
(a) The Japanese Empire.
(b) The American Empire.
(c) The Russian Empire.
(d) The British Empire.
4. What is the best motive for a compelling murder mystery, according to Orwell?
(a) Lust or power.
5. What is the subject of Gulliver's ranting in the second book of "Gulliver's Travels"?
(a) Organized religion.
(b) His children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Managerial Revolution", what does Burnham say about capitalism?
2. The murderer, according to Orwell, kills his victim to avoid what?
3. According to Orwell, what is not a popular subject in his essays?
4. According to Orwell, what word best describes Tolstoy's criticisms?
5. How did Gandhi feel about Satyagraha?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)