|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell remarks that no one ever plants what type of tree?
2. What sort of bath does the hospital staff give the narrator?
(a) They put him in a lukewarm bath.
(b) They put him in five inches of warm water.
(c) They swab his body with warm damp towels.
(d) They hand him a bucket of cold water and a washcloth for him to bathe with.
3. How does Orwell feel about winning by cheating?
(a) It is a win without honor or meaning.
(b) It's okay, if the cheating team is so far behind that winning one game won't affect the overall outcome.
(c) A win is a win, regardless of how it is earned.
(d) It's okay, as long as the other team is also cheating.
4. Why does Orwell claim that his readers think farmers and fishermen wouldn't be interested in reading his essays about nature?
(a) They are more interested in politics than people who live in urban areas.
(b) Most of them are uneducated, and illiterate.
(c) Orwell isn't good at writing about nature.
(d) They work too closely with it, so they are not interested in reading about it.
5. How does the elephant die?
(a) It dies quickly and painlessly.
(b) It is shot twice but dies slowly.
(c) It kills two people before finally collapsing.
(d) It doesn't die, it escapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Orwell dislike words such as "constitute" and "phenomenon"?
2. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
3. What two groups does Orwell name as an example of people for whom Satyagraha would be an ineffective political tool?
4. What do the doctors in the narrator's hospital do?
5. What types of sporting events does Orwell support?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)