|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the animal discussed in Chapter 12 discern the sex of other members of its species?
(a) By the length of their legs.
(b) By attempting to mate.
(c) By the color of their skin.
(d) By the markings on their backs.
2. How do the police and magistrates feel after the prisoner's death?
3. How does Orwell feel about the English language?
(a) It is neither improving nor declining.
(b) It is declining, and the trend is irreversible.
(c) It is in decline, but can be saved.
(d) It is improving.
4. Orwell refers to the art of which countries to prove that those who work outdoors are interested in nature?
(a) America and England.
(b) Spain and France.
(c) China and Japan.
(d) Egypt and Spain.
5. What was the substance of the second speaker's argument, in Chapter 8?
(a) He argued that freedom of the press and freedom of speech are not necessarily the same.
(b) He felt liberty was a good thing, but spoke in a very general way.
(c) He argued against freedom of the press.
(d) He argued that liberty was a good thing, in very specific circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gulliver, scientists should not concern themselves with what area of thought?
2. Overall, how does Orwell feel about "Gulliver's Travels"?
3. Orwell feels that it is possible to play sports, for fun and recreation, in the absence of what?
4. How does Orwell feel about Burnham, and his methods of prophesying?
5. What does Orwell feel can help to reverse the downward trend of the English language?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)