|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
2. In Chapter 15, Orwell tallies the price of what commodities?
(a) Alcohol, cigarettes and books.
(b) Movies, books and records.
(c) Food, clothing and books.
(d) Alcohol and food.
3. What does Orwell suggest as an act of contrition for someone who has committed a sin?
(b) Planting a tree.
(c) Working to right their wrong.
(d) Confessing to a priest.
4. According to Orwell, when is the best time to read a good murder mystery?
(a) Sunday afternoon.
(b) Friday evening.
(c) Saturday morning.
(d) Saturday evening.
5. According to Orwell, what were Smith's religious beliefs?
(a) Swift believed in a higher power, but rejected organized religions.
(b) He was not a religious man.
(c) Swift was a firm believer in the necessity of organized religion.
(d) Swift subscribed to his own form of spirituality.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, what was Gandhi's youth like?
2. What conclusion does Orwell reach about the prices of the commodities he compares in Chapter 15?
3. According to Gulliver, scientists should not concern themselves with what area of thought?
4. In "The Managerial Revolution", what does Burnham say about capitalism?
5. What similarity does Orwell find between the Catholic and Communist ideologies?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)