|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
(a) They want him to die quickly.
(b) They begin to feel some compassion for him.
(c) They try to help him escape.
(d) It doesn't seem to have an effect on them.
2. What is the subject of Gulliver's ranting in the second book of "Gulliver's Travels"?
(a) Organized religion.
(c) His children.
3. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
(a) English noblemen.
(b) German professors.
(c) American writers.
(d) Italian scholars.
4. What term does Orwell use to describe modern sports?
5. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
(a) He left fully recovered with a doctor's discharge.
(b) He transferred to another hospital, to be under the care of his own doctor.
(c) Once his condition was stable, he was moved to another facility.
(d) He fled before his time was up, and without an official discharge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of John Milton's pamphlet that Orwell mentions in Chapter 8?
2. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
3. According to Orwell, what should the relationship be between the murderer and the victim?
4. What method of killing does Orwell prefer for murder mysteries?
5. How many crimes does Orwell mention as being turned into great literature?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)