|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
2. According to Orwell, what political structure fosters great literature?
3. How is the Burmese jail described?
(a) Small and dank.
(b) Spacious and institutional.
(c) Wet and unsanitary.
(d) Old and musty.
4. According to Orwell, what is the primary purpose of language?
(a) Evoking feeling.
(c) Expanding knowledge.
(d) Straightforward communication.
5. How does Orwell feel about people bonding through sports?
(a) He thinks there are better ways to bond.
(b) He doesn't believe it is possible.
(c) He thinks it is the best way to bond.
(d) He doesn't offer an opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, Orwell tallies the price of what commodities?
2. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
3. What conclusion does Orwell reach about the prices of the commodities he compares in Chapter 15?
4. According to Orwell, how does Gandhi compare to other politicians of his time?
5. Chapter 12 begins with a description of the life cycle of what animal?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)