|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about the English language?
(a) It is neither improving nor declining.
(b) It is declining, and the trend is irreversible.
(c) It is improving.
(d) It is in decline, but can be saved.
2. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
(b) Firing squad.
(d) Lethal injection.
3. Where do the magistrates and police convene after the prisoner's death?
(a) At the local tavern.
(b) They don't convene, they all go to their own homes.
(c) On the side of town opposite the gallows.
(d) Close to the location of the corpse.
4. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
(a) German professors.
(b) Italian scholars.
(c) American writers.
(d) English noblemen.
5. What kind of person would be Orwell's ideal murder-mystery protagonist?
(a) A rich aristocrat.
(b) A lower-class citizen.
(c) A local professional.
(d) A celebrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the animal discussed in Chapter 12 discern the sex of other members of its species?
2. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
3. How does Orwell feel about scientific words and foreign phrases?
4. How does Orwell feel about people bonding through sports?
5. Where is the narrator working?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)