|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
(a) The prisoners.
(b) The police.
(c) The Burmese.
(d) The British.
2. According to Orwell, what is not a popular subject in his essays?
3. How does the animal discussed in Chapter 12 discern the sex of other members of its species?
(a) By the color of their skin.
(b) By attempting to mate.
(c) By the markings on their backs.
(d) By the length of their legs.
4. According to Orwell, what political structure fosters great literature?
5. What does Orwell compare to a "pre-fabricate hen-house"?
(a) Works written by more than one author.
(b) Stories with poorly fleshed-out characters.
(c) Sentences made of clichéd phrases.
(d) Poorly thought-out paragraphs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Gulliver's ranting in the second book of "Gulliver's Travels"?
2. How does Orwell propose to aid the English language?
3. In "The Managerial Revolution", what does Burnham say about capitalism?
4. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
5. What is the best motive for a compelling murder mystery, according to Orwell?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)