|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
2. How does Orwell feel about people bonding through sports?
(a) He doesn't offer an opinion.
(b) He thinks it is the best way to bond.
(c) He doesn't believe it is possible.
(d) He thinks there are better ways to bond.
3. How does Orwell feel about scientific words and foreign phrases?
(a) They should only be used in certain types of literature.
(b) They are unnecessary, and should be replaced with common language.
(c) They can be used, but only when writing for a certain audience.
(d) They should be used whenever possible, to elevate writing.
4. How is the Burmese jail described?
(a) Wet and unsanitary.
(b) Old and musty.
(c) Spacious and institutional.
(d) Small and dank.
5. What term does Orwell use to describe modern sports?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
2. Where did the elephant come from?
3. According to Orwell, what are the feelings between two teams in a sporting event?
4. According to Orwell, what ideal is at stake in international sports competitions?
5. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)