|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 12 begins with a description of the life cycle of what animal?
2. What does the narrator call the hospital?
(a) "Hopital X."
(b) "Nurse Ratchet's wing."
(c) "L'hopital du mort."
(d) "The Tomb."
3. Tolstoy wrote a biting criticism of what playwright's work?
4. What does Burnham write about the atrocities Stalin committed?
(a) The world wasn't aware of anything Stalin did until after he died.
(b) The things he did were so outrageous that the rest of the world was inclined to believe his reasons for doing so.
(c) The world knew Stalin was crazy, but couldn't do anything to stop him.
(d) The world believed Stalin because he gave just enough evidence to back up his claims.
5. What is in the prisoner's cell?
(a) A cot and toilet.
(b) A bedroll.
(c) A plank bed and water pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gulliver believe science should be used?
2. What method of killing does Orwell prefer for murder mysteries?
3. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
4. What similarity does Orwell find between the Catholic and Communist ideologies?
5. What relationship does Orwell establish between social justice and nature?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)