|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orwell describe Gandhi's political solutions?
2. Why does Orwell dismiss Tolstoy's criticism?
(a) It is impossible to prove.
(b) Tolstoy wasn't educated enough to write well-informed criticisms.
(c) Orwell doesn't think highly of Tolstoy's writings.
(d) Tolstoy was prejudiced against the English.
3. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
(a) The police.
(b) The Burmese.
(c) The prisoners.
(d) The British.
4. What does the narrator call the hospital?
(a) "Nurse Ratchet's wing."
(b) "The Tomb."
(c) "L'hopital du mort."
(d) "Hopital X."
5. What helped to change Orwell's opinions of Gandhi?
(a) News stories about Gandhi.
(b) The opinion of someone who knew Gandhi personally.
(c) Meeting Gandhi.
(d) Gandhi's autobiography.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about winning by cheating?
2. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
3. According to Orwell, how does Gandhi compare to other politicians of his time?
4. What does Orwell feel can help to reverse the downward trend of the English language?
5. Where did the elephant come from?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)