|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Orwell, what is not a popular subject in his essays?
2. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
(a) The hospital had no nurses, only a few overburdened doctors.
(b) Compassionate, but incompetent.
(c) Incapable and unsanitary.
(d) Capable, but uncaring.
3. Tolstoy accuses the playwright he is criticizing of having a philosophy similar to whom?
4. What does Burnham write about Stalin?
(a) He is a necessary and logical continuation from Lenin.
(b) He is brilliant and misunderstood.
(c) He is less than ideal, but still a competent leader.
(d) He is a sham, who must be overthrown.
5. According to Burnham, what is the most important factor for class mobility, in the society he envisions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, how does Orwell feel about "Gulliver's Travels"?
2. Which play did Tolstoy criticize most harshly?
3. How does Orwell feel about people bonding through sports?
4. How does Orwell feel about winning by cheating?
5. In "The Managerial Revolution", what does Burnham say about capitalism?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)