|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
(d) Scarlet fever.
2. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
3. How did Gandhi feel about Satyagraha?
(a) He did not really believe in it, but professed it because otherwise his followers would resort to drastic measures.
(b) He did not believe in it, but professed it because it attracted a certain kind of person to be his follower.
(c) He believed that people who utilized Satyagraha could accomplish anything.
(d) He believed in it, but was aware of its limitations.
4. What does Orwell refer to as the era of great murder mystery literature?
(a) "Elizabethan period."
(c) "Golden Age."
(d) "Dark Ages."
5. According to Orwell, what word best describes Tolstoy's criticisms?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Orwell skeptical of Gandhi's celibacy and vegetarianism?
2. What does Orwell feel can help to reverse the downward trend of the English language?
3. In Chapter 7, Orwell wonders if Gandhi was motivated by what vice?
4. What does Orwell compare to a "pre-fabricate hen-house"?
5. What is the name of John Milton's pamphlet that Orwell mentions in Chapter 8?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)