|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of killing does Orwell prefer for murder mysteries?
(b) Hitting someone with a car.
2. What does Orwell say about Tolstoy's conversion?
(a) He only exchanged one form of egotism for another.
(b) He was swayed by false prophets.
(c) He never converted; it was a rumor.
(d) He did it to better his reputation, not because his belief was sincere.
3. Orwell feels that Swift, through "Gulliver's Travels", is attacking what sort of government structure?
4. How does Orwell propose to aid the English language?
(a) To inject clear thinking into the process aiding readers in fundamental remedies.
(b) To appeal to writers of grammar books and dictionaries.
(c) To address the issue to teachers of the language.
(d) He does not think there is anything that can be done.
5. According to Burnham, who governs the manners and morals of a given era?
(a) Those who are in power.
(b) The aristocracy.
(c) The general public.
(d) Religious figures.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Managerial Revolution", what does Burnham say about capitalism?
2. Why does Orwell dislike words such as "constitute" and "phenomenon"?
3. According to Orwell, literature is in danger from censorship, and what else?
4. How does Orwell feel about Gandhi's involvement in politics?
5. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)