|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell begins Chapter 8 with a meeting of what club?
(a) The P.E.N. Club.
(b) The Lions Club.
(c) The 4-H Club.
(d) The Rotary Club.
2. Orwell feels that Swift, through "Gulliver's Travels", is attacking what sort of government structure?
3. How does Orwell feel about Shakespeare?
(a) He likes Shakespeare, but realizes that there are flaws in his work.
(b) He loves his work, and has profound respect for him as an artist.
(c) He admires what Shakespeare attempted, but dislikes his works.
(d) He likes Shakespeare's characters, but not the plots of his plays.
4. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
(a) The name of the god, Ram.
(b) A Hindu prayer for salvation.
(c) Nonsense words.
(d) The names of his family members.
5. What method of killing does Orwell prefer for murder mysteries?
(b) Hitting someone with a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, what was Gandhi's youth like?
2. According to Orwell, what is the primary purpose of language?
3. According to Orwell, what should the relationship be between the murderer and the victim?
4. According to Burnham, who governs the manners and morals of a given era?
5. The third speaker, in Chapter 8, attacked what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)