|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
(d) None of the answers is correct.
2. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
3. Tolstoy accuses the playwright he is criticizing of having a philosophy similar to whom?
4. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
(a) He quietly attempts to bribe the guard.
(b) He tries to attack his guards and escape.
(c) He walks with dignity.
(d) He begs for mercy.
5. What does Orwell say is the sole purpose of a metaphor?
(a) To further the point of the writer.
(b) To explain an association between two things
(c) To supply one thing with the attributes of another.
(d) To call up a visual image.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, literature is in danger from censorship, and what else?
2. What did the name of Gandhi's political policy, "Satyagraha," mean?
3. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
4. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
5. How does Orwell feel about Gandhi's policy of non-violent protest?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)