|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about Gandhi's policy of non-violent protest?
(a) He agrees wholeheartedly with Gandhi's policy.
(b) It is effective in most circumstances, but not all.
(c) It can be effective, but only in some circumstances.
(d) It is ineffective, and unsuitable for the modern world.
2. According to Orwell, how did Swift offend Queen Anne?
(a) By criticizing a law passed by Parliament.
(b) By greeting her inappropriately when he met her.
(c) By writing a satirical piece that made fun of the English government.
(d) By writing a pamphlet that criticized dissenters from the church.
3. How does Orwell feel about Gandhi's involvement in politics?
(a) He feels that Gandhi's talents would have been wasted in any other field.
(b) He admires Gandhi's pacifist methods of enacting change.
(c) He feels that Gandhi didn't really accomplish much in his political career.
(d) He feels Gandhi's saintliness may have been sullied by his involvement in politics.
4. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
(c) None of the answers is correct.
5. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
(b) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the elephant come from?
2. According to Orwell, what was Gandhi's youth like?
3. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
4. How does Orwell feel about Shakespeare?
5. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)