|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
(a) The American Empire.
(b) The Russian Empire.
(c) The British Empire.
(d) The Japanese Empire.
2. How does Orwell describe Gandhi's political solutions?
3. What has the elephant destroyed?
(a) A cart with vegetables in it.
(b) A bamboo hut, some fruit stalls, and a rubbish van.
(c) A.grove of trees, a hut, and a bicycle.
(d) A newsstand.
4. What aspect of "Gulliver's Travels" does Orwell discuss in Chapter 5?
(a) Swift's use of imagery and symbolism.
(b) The changes in Gulliver's character.
(c) The inconsistency of the plot.
(d) The literary devices used by the author.
5. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
(a) They try to help him escape.
(b) They want him to die quickly.
(c) It doesn't seem to have an effect on them.
(d) They begin to feel some compassion for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
2. Why is Orwell skeptical of Gandhi's celibacy and vegetarianism?
3. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
4. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
5. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)