|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
(c) Firing squad.
(d) Lethal injection.
2. What does Orwell say about Tolstoy's conversion?
(a) He was swayed by false prophets.
(b) He did it to better his reputation, not because his belief was sincere.
(c) He only exchanged one form of egotism for another.
(d) He never converted; it was a rumor.
3. How does Orwell describe Gandhi's political solutions?
4. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
5. What has the elephant destroyed?
(a) A.grove of trees, a hut, and a bicycle.
(b) A cart with vegetables in it.
(c) A newsstand.
(d) A bamboo hut, some fruit stalls, and a rubbish van.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about Shakespeare?
2. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
3. What book does Orwell quote to support his argument against Satyagraha?
4. What is in the prisoner's cell?
5. Where did the elephant come from?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)