|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the elephant destroyed?
(a) A newsstand.
(b) A bamboo hut, some fruit stalls, and a rubbish van.
(c) A cart with vegetables in it.
(d) A.grove of trees, a hut, and a bicycle.
2. How does Orwell feel about Gandhi's involvement in politics?
(a) He admires Gandhi's pacifist methods of enacting change.
(b) He feels that Gandhi's talents would have been wasted in any other field.
(c) He feels Gandhi's saintliness may have been sullied by his involvement in politics.
(d) He feels that Gandhi didn't really accomplish much in his political career.
3. What is in the prisoner's cell?
(a) A plank bed and water pot.
(b) A cot and toilet.
(d) A bedroll.
4. How does Orwell feel about the English language?
(a) It is neither improving nor declining.
(b) It is in decline, but can be saved.
(c) It is improving.
(d) It is declining, and the trend is irreversible.
5. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
(b) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
2. How is the Burmese jail described?
3. According to Orwell, how did Swift offend Queen Anne?
4. How does the elephant die?
5. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)