|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
(d) Scarlet fever.
2. What does Orwell feel can help to reverse the downward trend of the English language?
(b) Caring more.
(c) Common sense.
(d) Better education.
3. What major change occurred in Tolstoy's life?
(a) He moved from England to Spain.
(b) He sustained a serious injury, and was paralyzed.
(c) His wife and children all died from influenza.
(d) He converted to Christianity.
4. What does Orwell mean by the phrase "verbal false limbs"?
(a) Adding unnecessary phrases to a sentence.
(b) Unnecessary prefixes and suffixes.
(c) Using an incorrect word in place of another.
(d) Unnecessarily turning a word into a phrase.
5. How does the elephant die?
(a) It doesn't die, it escapes.
(b) It is shot twice but dies slowly.
(c) It dies quickly and painlessly.
(d) It kills two people before finally collapsing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two groups does Orwell name as an example of people for whom Satyagraha would be an ineffective political tool?
2. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
3. How does Orwell feel about Gandhi's involvement in politics?
4. What sort of bath does the hospital staff give the narrator?
5. How did Gandhi feel about Satyagraha?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)