|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two groups does Orwell name as an example of people for whom Satyagraha would be an ineffective political tool?
(a) The Jews in Nazi Germany, and the Russians under Stalin.
(b) The Kurds under Hussein, and the Jews in Nazi Germany.
(c) The Jews in Nazi Germany, and the Burmese under the British Empire.
(d) The Russians under Stalin, and the Italians under Mussolini.
2. How does Orwell feel about Gandhi's involvement in politics?
(a) He feels Gandhi's saintliness may have been sullied by his involvement in politics.
(b) He feels that Gandhi didn't really accomplish much in his political career.
(c) He admires Gandhi's pacifist methods of enacting change.
(d) He feels that Gandhi's talents would have been wasted in any other field.
3. How do the hospital staff sterilize their equipment between patients?
(a) They boil the tools.
(b) They dip the tools in rubbing alcohol.
(c) They use an autoclave.
(d) They don't.
4. How does Orwell propose to aid the English language?
(a) To inject clear thinking into the process aiding readers in fundamental remedies.
(b) To appeal to writers of grammar books and dictionaries.
(c) To address the issue to teachers of the language.
(d) He does not think there is anything that can be done.
5. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
(a) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
2. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
3. Where do the magistrates and police convene after the prisoner's death?
4. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
5. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)