|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helped to change Orwell's opinions of Gandhi?
(a) Gandhi's autobiography.
(b) Meeting Gandhi.
(c) News stories about Gandhi.
(d) The opinion of someone who knew Gandhi personally.
2. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
(a) They are respectful and grateful to him.
(b) They are respectful to his face, but sneer at him behind his back.
(c) They harass and insult him whenever they can.
(d) They are openly violent at times.
3. What is Orwell's reasoning for the shifts in Gulliver's character?
(a) Gulliver had multiple personality disorder.
(b) Gulliver represented four different people that Swift knew.
(c) Swift identified with Gulliver.
(d) Swift wanted a clear demarcation between each part of the story.
4. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
(a) Because it is his job.
(b) Because he wants to collect the reward.
(c) The angry crowd doesn't really give him a choice.
(d) Because he doesn't want anyone else to get hurt.
5. What sort of bath does the hospital staff give the narrator?
(a) They put him in a lukewarm bath.
(b) They swab his body with warm damp towels.
(c) They put him in five inches of warm water.
(d) They hand him a bucket of cold water and a washcloth for him to bathe with.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the hospital staff sterilize their equipment between patients?
2. What major change occurred in Tolstoy's life?
3. Where is the narrator working?
4. What is Orwell's problem with phrases like "swan song"?
5. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)