|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the doctors in the narrator's hospital do?
(a) Intervene in only the most critical situations.
(b) Make the terminally ill patients as comfortable as possible.
(c) Travel from one target patient to the next, ignoring the other patients who are suffering.
(d) Triage the patients, starting with the most critically injured.
2. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
(a) He fled before his time was up, and without an official discharge.
(b) He transferred to another hospital, to be under the care of his own doctor.
(c) He left fully recovered with a doctor's discharge.
(d) Once his condition was stable, he was moved to another facility.
3. How do the hospital staff sterilize their equipment between patients?
(a) They boil the tools.
(b) They use an autoclave.
(c) They don't.
(d) They dip the tools in rubbing alcohol.
4. Where is the narrator working?
5. What is the subject of Gulliver's ranting in the second book of "Gulliver's Travels"?
(a) His children.
(b) Organized religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the elephant die?
2. How does Orwell feel about Shakespeare?
3. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
4. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
5. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)