|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the elephant die?
(a) It is shot twice but dies slowly.
(b) It dies quickly and painlessly.
(c) It doesn't die, it escapes.
(d) It kills two people before finally collapsing.
2. According to Gulliver, scientists should not concern themselves with what area of thought?
3. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
(a) Middle age.
(b) Old age.
(d) Young adulthood.
4. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
(c) None of the answers is correct.
5. In Orwell's opinion, what does Tolstoy do to the scenes he is presenting?
(a) He distorts them.
(b) He takes them out of context.
(c) He misquotes them.
(d) He misunderstands them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, how does Gulliver change from part two to part three of "Gulliver's Travels"?
2. According to Orwell, how did Swift offend Queen Anne?
3. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
4. Which play did Tolstoy criticize most harshly?
5. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)