|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Orwell, how did Swift offend Queen Anne?
(a) By greeting her inappropriately when he met her.
(b) By writing a pamphlet that criticized dissenters from the church.
(c) By criticizing a law passed by Parliament.
(d) By writing a satirical piece that made fun of the English government.
2. Which play did Tolstoy criticize most harshly?
(a) "King Lear".
(b) "The Misanthrope".
(c) "Dr. Faustus".
(d) "Romeo and Juliet".
3. Why does the narrator hesitate to kill the elephant?
(a) He feels compassion for it.
(b) He doesn't want to lose face.
(c) He is afraid of the repercussions from the angry crowd.
(d) It is a large and expensive piece of machinery.
4. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
(a) He fled before his time was up, and without an official discharge.
(b) Once his condition was stable, he was moved to another facility.
(c) He left fully recovered with a doctor's discharge.
(d) He transferred to another hospital, to be under the care of his own doctor.
5. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
(a) A stray cat.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A stray dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
2. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
3. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
4. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
5. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)