|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Gulliver's ranting in the second book of "Gulliver's Travels"?
(a) His children.
(c) Organized religion.
2. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
3. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
(a) The angry crowd doesn't really give him a choice.
(b) Because it is his job.
(c) Because he doesn't want anyone else to get hurt.
(d) Because he wants to collect the reward.
4. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
(a) He has gone from being the oppressor, to being the victim.
(b) He has been reassigned.
(c) He has been imprisoned.
(d) He has been demoted.
5. Where do the magistrates and police convene after the prisoner's death?
(a) At the local tavern.
(b) They don't convene, they all go to their own homes.
(c) Close to the location of the corpse.
(d) On the side of town opposite the gallows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbol of Gulliver's aging?
2. What has the elephant destroyed?
3. What is Orwell's reasoning for the shifts in Gulliver's character?
4. How does the elephant die?
5. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)