|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Orwell's opinion, what does Tolstoy do to the scenes he is presenting?
(a) He takes them out of context.
(b) He misquotes them.
(c) He distorts them.
(d) He misunderstands them.
2. What crucial element of Shakespeare's works does Tolstoy fail to recognize, according to Orwell?
(a) The fact that Shakespeare deliberately incorporated flaws into his work.
(b) Shakespeare's status as a poet.
(c) Shakespeare's lack of education.
(d) The social commentary in Shakespeare's works.
3. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
(b) Scarlet fever.
4. According to Gulliver, scientists should not concern themselves with what area of thought?
5. What sort of bath does the hospital staff give the narrator?
(a) They put him in a lukewarm bath.
(b) They swab his body with warm damp towels.
(c) They put him in five inches of warm water.
(d) They hand him a bucket of cold water and a washcloth for him to bathe with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the prisoner's cell?
2. Overall, how does Orwell feel about "Gulliver's Travels"?
3. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
4. Where is the narrator working?
5. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)