|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
2. How many people were killed by the elephant while it was rampaging?
3. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
4. According to Orwell, what word best describes Tolstoy's criticisms?
5. What do the doctors in the narrator's hospital do?
(a) Travel from one target patient to the next, ignoring the other patients who are suffering.
(b) Triage the patients, starting with the most critically injured.
(c) Intervene in only the most critical situations.
(d) Make the terminally ill patients as comfortable as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, what were Smith's religious beliefs?
2. According to Gulliver, scientists should not concern themselves with what area of thought?
3. What crucial element of Shakespeare's works does Tolstoy fail to recognize, according to Orwell?
4. Why does Orwell dismiss Tolstoy's criticism?
5. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)