|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the police and magistrates feel after the prisoner's death?
2. In Orwell's opinion, what does Tolstoy do to the scenes he is presenting?
(a) He takes them out of context.
(b) He misquotes them.
(c) He misunderstands them.
(d) He distorts them.
3. What has the elephant destroyed?
(a) A.grove of trees, a hut, and a bicycle.
(b) A newsstand.
(c) A cart with vegetables in it.
(d) A bamboo hut, some fruit stalls, and a rubbish van.
4. Where is the narrator working?
5. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
(a) Firing squad.
(b) Lethal injection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call the hospital?
2. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
3. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
4. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
5. What is Orwell's reasoning for the shifts in Gulliver's character?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)