|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
(a) They are respectful and grateful to him.
(b) They are respectful to his face, but sneer at him behind his back.
(c) They harass and insult him whenever they can.
(d) They are openly violent at times.
2. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
(a) Old age.
(b) Young adulthood.
(d) Middle age.
3. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
(a) English noblemen.
(b) American writers.
(c) German professors.
(d) Italian scholars.
4. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A stray dog.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A stray cat.
5. Where did the elephant come from?
(a) It was wild, and found its way into the town.
(b) It had escaped from the zoo.
(c) It was domesticated.
(d) It was released in the town by someone who wanted to destroy the bazaar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
2. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
3. What is Orwell's reasoning for the shifts in Gulliver's character?
4. How does the elephant die?
5. How do the hospital staff sterilize their equipment between patients?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)