|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
(a) Go back to work.
2. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
(a) Young adulthood.
(b) Middle age.
(d) Old age.
3. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
(a) He has been imprisoned.
(b) He has been reassigned.
(c) He has been demoted.
(d) He has gone from being the oppressor, to being the victim.
4. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
(a) He fled before his time was up, and without an official discharge.
(b) He transferred to another hospital, to be under the care of his own doctor.
(c) Once his condition was stable, he was moved to another facility.
(d) He left fully recovered with a doctor's discharge.
5. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
(a) Stings the attending guard.
(b) Bites the executioner.
(c) Rampages through the crowd of spectators.
(d) Jumps up and tries to lick the prisoner's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the hospital staff sterilize their equipment between patients?
2. What crucial element of Shakespeare's works does Tolstoy fail to recognize, according to Orwell?
3. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
4. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
5. What has the elephant destroyed?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)