|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the elephant come from?
(a) It was domesticated.
(b) It had escaped from the zoo.
(c) It was wild, and found its way into the town.
(d) It was released in the town by someone who wanted to destroy the bazaar.
2. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
3. What has the elephant destroyed?
(a) A newsstand.
(b) A cart with vegetables in it.
(c) A.grove of trees, a hut, and a bicycle.
(d) A bamboo hut, some fruit stalls, and a rubbish van.
4. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
5. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A stray dog.
(d) A stray cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
2. What does the narrator call the hospital?
3. What crucial element of Shakespeare's works does Tolstoy fail to recognize, according to Orwell?
4. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
5. How does Gulliver believe science should be used?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)