|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
(a) He transferred to another hospital, to be under the care of his own doctor.
(b) Once his condition was stable, he was moved to another facility.
(c) He left fully recovered with a doctor's discharge.
(d) He fled before his time was up, and without an official discharge.
2. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
(a) The application of mustard poultices.
(b) Cold baths.
3. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
(a) The angry crowd doesn't really give him a choice.
(b) Because he doesn't want anyone else to get hurt.
(c) Because it is his job.
(d) Because he wants to collect the reward.
4. What sort of bath does the hospital staff give the narrator?
(a) They hand him a bucket of cold water and a washcloth for him to bathe with.
(b) They put him in five inches of warm water.
(c) They put him in a lukewarm bath.
(d) They swab his body with warm damp towels.
5. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
2. What is the narrator's profession?
3. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
4. How do the police and magistrates feel after the prisoner's death?
5. What do the doctors in the narrator's hospital do?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)