|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
(a) Go back to work.
2. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
(a) The Russian Empire.
(b) The British Empire.
(c) The Japanese Empire.
(d) The American Empire.
3. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
(a) The application of mustard poultices.
(d) Cold baths.
4. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
(a) They are respectful to his face, but sneer at him behind his back.
(b) They are openly violent at times.
(c) They harass and insult him whenever they can.
(d) They are respectful and grateful to him.
5. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
(a) The name of the god, Ram.
(b) A Hindu prayer for salvation.
(c) Nonsense words.
(d) The names of his family members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
2. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
3. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
4. How do the police and magistrates feel after the prisoner's death?
5. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)