|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
(a) Capable, but uncaring.
(b) Incapable and unsanitary.
(c) The hospital had no nurses, only a few overburdened doctors.
(d) Compassionate, but incompetent.
2. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
(b) Go back to work.
3. Why does the narrator hesitate to kill the elephant?
(a) He feels compassion for it.
(b) It is a large and expensive piece of machinery.
(c) He is afraid of the repercussions from the angry crowd.
(d) He doesn't want to lose face.
4. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
(a) He walks with dignity.
(b) He begs for mercy.
(c) He tries to attack his guards and escape.
(d) He quietly attempts to bribe the guard.
5. How does the elephant die?
(a) It kills two people before finally collapsing.
(b) It is shot twice but dies slowly.
(c) It dies quickly and painlessly.
(d) It doesn't die, it escapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
2. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
3. What is in the prisoner's cell?
4. What has the elephant destroyed?
5. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)