|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
(a) The Burmese.
(b) The British.
(c) The prisoners.
(d) The police.
2. How many people were killed by the elephant while it was rampaging?
3. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
(a) A Hindu prayer for salvation.
(b) Nonsense words.
(c) The names of his family members.
(d) The name of the god, Ram.
4. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
(a) It doesn't seem to have an effect on them.
(b) They begin to feel some compassion for him.
(c) They want him to die quickly.
(d) They try to help him escape.
5. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
2. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
3. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
4. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
5. How does the elephant die?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)