|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
2. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
3. Where did the elephant come from?
(a) It was wild, and found its way into the town.
(b) It was domesticated.
(c) It had escaped from the zoo.
(d) It was released in the town by someone who wanted to destroy the bazaar.
4. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
(a) The application of mustard poultices.
(c) Cold baths.
5. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
(a) Compassionate, but incompetent.
(b) Capable, but uncaring.
(c) The hospital had no nurses, only a few overburdened doctors.
(d) Incapable and unsanitary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
2. How is the Burmese jail described?
3. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
4. What do the doctors in the narrator's hospital do?
5. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)