|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the hospital staff sterilize their equipment between patients?
(a) They dip the tools in rubbing alcohol.
(b) They don't.
(c) They boil the tools.
(d) They use an autoclave.
2. What sort of bath does the hospital staff give the narrator?
(a) They put him in five inches of warm water.
(b) They put him in a lukewarm bath.
(c) They swab his body with warm damp towels.
(d) They hand him a bucket of cold water and a washcloth for him to bathe with.
3. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
(a) Scarlet fever.
4. Where do the magistrates and police convene after the prisoner's death?
(a) At the local tavern.
(b) Close to the location of the corpse.
(c) On the side of town opposite the gallows.
(d) They don't convene, they all go to their own homes.
5. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
(a) The angry crowd doesn't really give him a choice.
(b) Because he doesn't want anyone else to get hurt.
(c) Because he wants to collect the reward.
(d) Because it is his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
2. How do the police and magistrates feel after the prisoner's death?
3. What has the elephant destroyed?
4. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
5. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)