|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of bath does the hospital staff give the narrator?
(a) They swab his body with warm damp towels.
(b) They put him in five inches of warm water.
(c) They put him in a lukewarm bath.
(d) They hand him a bucket of cold water and a washcloth for him to bathe with.
2. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
(a) Because he doesn't want anyone else to get hurt.
(b) The angry crowd doesn't really give him a choice.
(c) Because he wants to collect the reward.
(d) Because it is his job.
3. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
(a) It doesn't seem to have an effect on them.
(b) They want him to die quickly.
(c) They begin to feel some compassion for him.
(d) They try to help him escape.
4. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
(a) He left fully recovered with a doctor's discharge.
(b) Once his condition was stable, he was moved to another facility.
(c) He transferred to another hospital, to be under the care of his own doctor.
(d) He fled before his time was up, and without an official discharge.
5. Where is the narrator working?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
2. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
3. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
4. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
5. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)