|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
(a) It doesn't seem to have an effect on them.
(b) They want him to die quickly.
(c) They begin to feel some compassion for him.
(d) They try to help him escape.
2. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
3. What does the narrator call the hospital?
(a) "Hopital X."
(b) "Nurse Ratchet's wing."
(c) "L'hopital du mort."
(d) "The Tomb."
4. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
5. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
2. Why does the narrator hesitate to kill the elephant?
3. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
4. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
5. How do the police and magistrates feel after the prisoner's death?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)