|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were killed by the elephant while it was rampaging?
2. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
(c) Firing squad.
(d) Lethal injection.
3. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
(a) Because he wants to collect the reward.
(b) The angry crowd doesn't really give him a choice.
(c) Because it is his job.
(d) Because he doesn't want anyone else to get hurt.
4. What is in the prisoner's cell?
(a) A cot and toilet.
(b) A plank bed and water pot.
(d) A bedroll.
5. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
(a) Jumps up and tries to lick the prisoner's face.
(b) Bites the executioner.
(c) Stings the attending guard.
(d) Rampages through the crowd of spectators.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
2. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
3. Where do the magistrates and police convene after the prisoner's death?
4. How is the Burmese jail described?
5. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)