|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
(a) Compassionate, but incompetent.
(b) Incapable and unsanitary.
(c) The hospital had no nurses, only a few overburdened doctors.
(d) Capable, but uncaring.
2. Where did the elephant come from?
(a) It was released in the town by someone who wanted to destroy the bazaar.
(b) It was domesticated.
(c) It was wild, and found its way into the town.
(d) It had escaped from the zoo.
3. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
4. How do the police and magistrates feel after the prisoner's death?
5. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
(a) Firing squad.
(c) Lethal injection.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
2. What does the narrator call the hospital?
3. What is the narrator's profession?
4. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
5. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)