|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the magistrates and police convene after the prisoner's death?
(a) At the local tavern.
(b) Close to the location of the corpse.
(c) They don't convene, they all go to their own homes.
(d) On the side of town opposite the gallows.
2. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
(a) Incapable and unsanitary.
(b) The hospital had no nurses, only a few overburdened doctors.
(c) Compassionate, but incompetent.
(d) Capable, but uncaring.
3. Where is the narrator working?
4. What is the narrator's profession?
(d) Police officer.
5. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A stray dog.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A stray cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
2. What has the elephant destroyed?
3. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
4. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
5. Why does the narrator hesitate to kill the elephant?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)