|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the prisoner's cell?
(a) A cot and toilet.
(b) A plank bed and water pot.
(c) A bedroll.
2. How is the Burmese jail described?
(a) Small and dank.
(b) Spacious and institutional.
(c) Wet and unsanitary.
(d) Old and musty.
3. How does the elephant die?
(a) It is shot twice but dies slowly.
(b) It dies quickly and painlessly.
(c) It kills two people before finally collapsing.
(d) It doesn't die, it escapes.
4. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
5. Where do the magistrates and police convene after the prisoner's death?
(a) On the side of town opposite the gallows.
(b) They don't convene, they all go to their own homes.
(c) Close to the location of the corpse.
(d) At the local tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator working?
2. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
3. What is the narrator's profession?
4. Why does the narrator hesitate to kill the elephant?
5. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)