|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
(a) He left fully recovered with a doctor's discharge.
(b) Once his condition was stable, he was moved to another facility.
(c) He fled before his time was up, and without an official discharge.
(d) He transferred to another hospital, to be under the care of his own doctor.
2. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
(c) Scarlet fever.
3. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
(a) A stray cat.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A stray dog.
4. Where did the elephant come from?
(a) It was released in the town by someone who wanted to destroy the bazaar.
(b) It was wild, and found its way into the town.
(c) It had escaped from the zoo.
(d) It was domesticated.
5. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
(a) They begin to feel some compassion for him.
(b) They try to help him escape.
(c) They want him to die quickly.
(d) It doesn't seem to have an effect on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
2. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
3. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
4. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
5. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)