|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
(a) Scarlet fever.
2. Where did the elephant come from?
(a) It had escaped from the zoo.
(b) It was released in the town by someone who wanted to destroy the bazaar.
(c) It was wild, and found its way into the town.
(d) It was domesticated.
3. What has the elephant destroyed?
(a) A bamboo hut, some fruit stalls, and a rubbish van.
(b) A cart with vegetables in it.
(c) A newsstand.
(d) A.grove of trees, a hut, and a bicycle.
4. What does the narrator call the hospital?
(a) "The Tomb."
(b) "Hopital X."
(c) "Nurse Ratchet's wing."
(d) "L'hopital du mort."
5. How does the elephant die?
(a) It kills two people before finally collapsing.
(b) It is shot twice but dies slowly.
(c) It doesn't die, it escapes.
(d) It dies quickly and painlessly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
2. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
3. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
4. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
5. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)