|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
(a) The American Empire.
(b) The British Empire.
(c) The Japanese Empire.
(d) The Russian Empire.
2. What does the narrator call the hospital?
(a) "Hopital X."
(b) "Nurse Ratchet's wing."
(c) "The Tomb."
(d) "L'hopital du mort."
3. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
(a) A stray cat.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A stray dog.
4. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
(a) He quietly attempts to bribe the guard.
(b) He tries to attack his guards and escape.
(c) He walks with dignity.
(d) He begs for mercy.
5. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
2. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
3. Where is the narrator working?
4. How is the Burmese jail described?
5. What is the narrator's profession?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)