|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
2. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
3. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
4. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
(a) He tries to attack his guards and escape.
(b) He begs for mercy.
(c) He quietly attempts to bribe the guard.
(d) He walks with dignity.
5. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
(a) Because he doesn't want anyone else to get hurt.
(b) Because he wants to collect the reward.
(c) Because it is his job.
(d) The angry crowd doesn't really give him a choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
2. What has the elephant destroyed?
3. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
4. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
5. Where do the magistrates and police convene after the prisoner's death?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)