|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
(a) He has been reassigned.
(b) He has been demoted.
(c) He has gone from being the oppressor, to being the victim.
(d) He has been imprisoned.
2. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
(a) Because he wants to collect the reward.
(b) Because it is his job.
(c) The angry crowd doesn't really give him a choice.
(d) Because he doesn't want anyone else to get hurt.
3. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
(a) Jumps up and tries to lick the prisoner's face.
(b) Rampages through the crowd of spectators.
(c) Stings the attending guard.
(d) Bites the executioner.
4. How many people were killed by the elephant while it was rampaging?
5. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
(c) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's profession?
2. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
3. What has the elephant destroyed?
4. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
5. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)