Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many works is the person in Chapter 14 attempting to review?
2. According to Orwell, what should the relationship be between the murderer and the victim?
(b) Son or daughter.
3. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
(a) They try to help him escape.
(b) They begin to feel some compassion for him.
(c) It doesn't seem to have an effect on them.
(d) They want him to die quickly.
4. In Chapter 7, Orwell wonders if Gandhi was motivated by what vice?
5. According to Orwell, when is the best time to read a good murder mystery?
(a) Saturday evening.
(b) Saturday morning.
(c) Friday evening.
(d) Sunday afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What similarity does Orwell find between the Catholic and Communist ideologies?
2. Orwell refers to the art of which countries to prove that those who work outdoors are interested in nature?
3. Orwell feels that it is possible to play sports, for fun and recreation, in the absence of what?
4. How many crimes does Orwell mention as being turned into great literature?
5. According to Orwell, what is the basis for Burnham's political predictions?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)