|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
(a) The application of mustard poultices.
(c) Cold baths.
2. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
(a) He has been demoted.
(b) He has been imprisoned.
(c) He has been reassigned.
(d) He has gone from being the oppressor, to being the victim.
3. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
(a) The British Empire.
(b) The American Empire.
(c) The Russian Empire.
(d) The Japanese Empire.
4. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
5. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
(a) It doesn't seem to have an effect on them.
(b) They want him to die quickly.
(c) They begin to feel some compassion for him.
(d) They try to help him escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
2. What sort of bath does the hospital staff give the narrator?
3. How do the police and magistrates feel after the prisoner's death?
4. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
5. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)