|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's profession?
(b) Police officer.
2. According to Gulliver, scientists should not concern themselves with what area of thought?
3. What major change occurred in Tolstoy's life?
(a) He sustained a serious injury, and was paralyzed.
(b) His wife and children all died from influenza.
(c) He converted to Christianity.
(d) He moved from England to Spain.
4. According to Orwell, literature is in danger from censorship, and what else?
(a) The poor quality of public education.
(b) The lack of affordable higher education.
(c) The corporate sponsorship of writers.
(d) A loss of interest in literature among young adults.
5. How does the elephant die?
(a) It is shot twice but dies slowly.
(b) It kills two people before finally collapsing.
(c) It doesn't die, it escapes.
(d) It dies quickly and painlessly.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, what flaw is apparent in all of the examples of "bad English" that he presents in Chapter 6?
2. How does Orwell feel about people bonding through sports?
3. How many crimes does Orwell mention as being turned into great literature?
4. What does Orwell mean by the phrase "verbal false limbs"?
5. How does Orwell feel about Jack the Ripper?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)