|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
(b) Middle age.
(c) Old age.
(d) Young adulthood.
2. What book does Orwell quote to support his argument against Satyagraha?
(a) "Gandhi and Stalin".
(b) "King Lear".
(c) "Gulliver's Travels".
3. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
(a) The Japanese Empire.
(b) The Russian Empire.
(c) The British Empire.
(d) The American Empire.
4. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
(a) It doesn't seem to have an effect on them.
(b) They begin to feel some compassion for him.
(c) They try to help him escape.
(d) They want him to die quickly.
5. What was Thibaw's legacy in Mandalay?
(a) Spectacular gardens.
(b) His many illegitimate children.
(c) Tamarind trees.
(d) An enormous and elaborate temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
2. How does Orwell feel about scientific words and foreign phrases?
3. Orwell refers to what form of medieval art to back up his claims about outdoor workers and nature?
4. According to Orwell, what is the basis for Burnham's political predictions?
5. Chapter 12 begins with a description of the life cycle of what animal?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)