|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orwell refers to the art of which countries to prove that those who work outdoors are interested in nature?
(a) Egypt and Spain.
(b) China and Japan.
(c) Spain and France.
(d) America and England.
2. What object is linked to the Vicar of Bray?
(a) A yew tree.
(b) A gold medallion.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A pocket watch.
3. How did Gandhi feel about Satyagraha?
(a) He believed in it, but was aware of its limitations.
(b) He did not really believe in it, but professed it because otherwise his followers would resort to drastic measures.
(c) He did not believe in it, but professed it because it attracted a certain kind of person to be his follower.
(d) He believed that people who utilized Satyagraha could accomplish anything.
4. According to Burnham, what is the most important factor for class mobility, in the society he envisions?
5. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
(a) Old age.
(c) Middle age.
(d) Young adulthood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
2. How does Orwell feel about books?
3. What event does Orwell cite as evidence for his argument about sports?
4. How does the elephant die?
5. The murderer, according to Orwell, kills his victim to avoid what?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)