|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tolstoy wrote a biting criticism of what playwright's work?
2. How does Orwell feel about Shakespeare?
(a) He loves his work, and has profound respect for him as an artist.
(b) He admires what Shakespeare attempted, but dislikes his works.
(c) He likes Shakespeare's characters, but not the plots of his plays.
(d) He likes Shakespeare, but realizes that there are flaws in his work.
3. In "The Managerial Revolution", what does Burnham say about capitalism?
(a) That it is alive and well.
(b) That it is dying, and will be replaced with communism.
(c) That it will only survive if it changes to accommodate social classes.
(d) That it is dying, and will be replaced with a socialist pyramid.
4. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
(a) Capable, but uncaring.
(b) Compassionate, but incompetent.
(c) Incapable and unsanitary.
(d) The hospital had no nurses, only a few overburdened doctors.
5. According to Orwell, how do international sporting events affect relations between countries?
(a) They make them better.
(b) They have no effect.
(c) They make them worse.
(d) They worsen relations between citizens, but improve relations between leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, Orwell tallies the price of what commodities?
2. What event does Orwell cite as evidence for his argument about sports?
3. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
4. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
5. How do the police and magistrates feel after the prisoner's death?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)