|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of sporting events does Orwell support?
(a) Events held for charity.
(b) Youth events.
(c) Local, friendly games.
(d) International sports.
2. In Chapter 7, Orwell wonders if Gandhi was motivated by what vice?
3. How does Orwell feel about the quality of contemporary murder literature?
(a) It is good, but declining.
(b) It is good.
(c) It is poor.
(d) It is poor, but improving.
4. Orwell compares the price of a book to the price of what other luxury?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A Cuban cigar.
(c) A carriage ride.
(d) An expensive seat at the cinema.
5. According to Orwell, spring is more noticeable for people in what areas?
(c) Rural and urban.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell refer to as the era of great murder mystery literature?
2. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
3. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
4. What is Orwell's problem with phrases like "swan song"?
5. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)