|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many crimes does Orwell mention as being turned into great literature?
2. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
(a) The American Empire.
(b) The Russian Empire.
(c) The Japanese Empire.
(d) The British Empire.
3. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
4. According to Burnham, who governs the manners and morals of a given era?
(a) The aristocracy.
(b) The general public.
(c) Those who are in power.
(d) Religious figures.
5. What object is linked to the Vicar of Bray?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A gold medallion.
(d) A yew tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Orwell's reasoning for the shifts in Gulliver's character?
2. Orwell worries that liberty cannot exist without what?
3. According to Orwell, what word best describes Tolstoy's criticisms?
4. What is the narrator's profession?
5. What does Orwell feel can help to reverse the downward trend of the English language?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)