|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 12 begins with a description of the life cycle of what animal?
2. How does Orwell feel about the quality of contemporary murder literature?
(a) It is poor.
(b) It is good.
(c) It is poor, but improving.
(d) It is good, but declining.
3. How does the elephant die?
(a) It kills two people before finally collapsing.
(b) It doesn't die, it escapes.
(c) It dies quickly and painlessly.
(d) It is shot twice but dies slowly.
4. According to Orwell, what is the basis for Burnham's political predictions?
(a) Current political trends.
(b) Historical data.
(c) Psychic visions.
(d) Statistical analysis.
5. What does Orwell compare athletes to?
(b) Chess pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
2. Overall, how does Orwell feel about "Gulliver's Travels"?
3. Why is Orwell skeptical of Gandhi's celibacy and vegetarianism?
4. According to Orwell, why might athletes try to cheat?
5. Why does Orwell dislike words such as "constitute" and "phenomenon"?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)