|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does Orwell establish between social justice and nature?
(a) Only the oppressors are free to truly appreciate the beauty of nature.
(b) Nature is a blessing that can be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of the social injustices they endure.
(c) There is no relationship between the two.
(d) Nature can only be truly appreciated by those who are oppressed.
2. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
(b) Cold baths.
(c) The application of mustard poultices.
3. How do the hospital staff sterilize their equipment between patients?
(a) They don't.
(b) They boil the tools.
(c) They use an autoclave.
(d) They dip the tools in rubbing alcohol.
4. According to Orwell, what is the basis for Burnham's political predictions?
(a) Psychic visions.
(b) Historical data.
(c) Statistical analysis.
(d) Current political trends.
5. According to Orwell, how did Swift offend Queen Anne?
(a) By writing a pamphlet that criticized dissenters from the church.
(b) By greeting her inappropriately when he met her.
(c) By writing a satirical piece that made fun of the English government.
(d) By criticizing a law passed by Parliament.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about Jack the Ripper?
2. In Chapter 15, Orwell tallies the price of what commodities?
3. Burnham was influenced by what political writer?
4. According to Orwell, what ideal is at stake in international sports competitions?
5. Orwell feels that it is possible to play sports, for fun and recreation, in the absence of what?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)