|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of sporting events does Orwell support?
(a) International sports.
(b) Local, friendly games.
(c) Events held for charity.
(d) Youth events.
2. According to Orwell, what should the relationship be between the murderer and the victim?
(b) Son or daughter.
3. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
4. What crucial element of Shakespeare's works does Tolstoy fail to recognize, according to Orwell?
(a) The social commentary in Shakespeare's works.
(b) Shakespeare's status as a poet.
(c) The fact that Shakespeare deliberately incorporated flaws into his work.
(d) Shakespeare's lack of education.
5. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
(a) He tries to attack his guards and escape.
(b) He begs for mercy.
(c) He quietly attempts to bribe the guard.
(d) He walks with dignity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell states that books are the least expensive media pleasures, next to what?
2. According to Orwell, what flaw is apparent in all of the examples of "bad English" that he presents in Chapter 6?
3. In Orwell's ideal world, how would the quality of each work be reflected in its reviews?
4. What does Orwell cite as a reason for the quality of contemporary murder literature?
5. According to Orwell, how does Gandhi compare to other politicians of his time?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)