|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Orwell, how does Gandhi compare to other politicians of his time?
(a) He didn't focus on the same issues.
(b) He didn't accomplish as much.
(c) He left a remarkably "clean smell" behind.
(d) He accomplished much more.
2. In Chapter 15, Orwell tallies the price of what commodities?
(a) Alcohol and food.
(b) Food, clothing and books.
(c) Alcohol, cigarettes and books.
(d) Movies, books and records.
3. According to Orwell, what is the reason that people don't read?
(a) The plots of most books are boring.
(b) Reading a book takes too much effort.
(c) Books are too expensive.
(d) They would rather go to movies, to pubs, or watch dog racing.
4. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
(a) He walks with dignity.
(b) He quietly attempts to bribe the guard.
(c) He tries to attack his guards and escape.
(d) He begs for mercy.
5. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about Shakespeare?
2. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
3. Burnham was influenced by what political writer?
4. How does Orwell feel about Burnham, and his methods of prophesying?
5. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)