|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
2. According to Gulliver, scientists should not concern themselves with what area of thought?
3. What two groups does Orwell name as an example of people for whom Satyagraha would be an ineffective political tool?
(a) The Kurds under Hussein, and the Jews in Nazi Germany.
(b) The Jews in Nazi Germany, and the Burmese under the British Empire.
(c) The Jews in Nazi Germany, and the Russians under Stalin.
(d) The Russians under Stalin, and the Italians under Mussolini.
4. How did Gandhi feel about Satyagraha?
(a) He believed in it, but was aware of its limitations.
(b) He believed that people who utilized Satyagraha could accomplish anything.
(c) He did not believe in it, but professed it because it attracted a certain kind of person to be his follower.
(d) He did not really believe in it, but professed it because otherwise his followers would resort to drastic measures.
5. Why does Orwell claim that his readers think farmers and fishermen wouldn't be interested in reading his essays about nature?
(a) They work too closely with it, so they are not interested in reading about it.
(b) They are more interested in politics than people who live in urban areas.
(c) Most of them are uneducated, and illiterate.
(d) Orwell isn't good at writing about nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
2. Orwell remarks that no one ever plants what type of tree?
3. What object is linked to the Vicar of Bray?
4. How does Orwell feel about Jack the Ripper?
5. According to Orwell, why might athletes try to cheat?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)