|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Orwell claim that his readers think farmers and fishermen wouldn't be interested in reading his essays about nature?
(a) They are more interested in politics than people who live in urban areas.
(b) They work too closely with it, so they are not interested in reading about it.
(c) Most of them are uneducated, and illiterate.
(d) Orwell isn't good at writing about nature.
2. Why is Orwell skeptical of Gandhi's celibacy and vegetarianism?
(a) Because Orwell doesn't understand the point of either practice.
(b) Because his reasoning is based on a view that this world is an illusion.
(c) Because Orwell believes that Gandhi is lying about his abstinence from sex and meat.
(d) Because Orwell doesn't think that either practice is necessary for political leverage.
3. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
(a) Go back to work.
4. How many crimes does Orwell mention as being turned into great literature?
5. According to Orwell, how would reviews be handled in an ideal world?
(a) Ordinary people would write reviews and share them with one another.
(b) There wouldn't be any reviews.
(c) More people would write reviews, so that each reviewer wouldn't have to do as much work.
(d) The number of works being reviewed would be greatly restricted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is linked to the Vicar of Bray?
2. What kind of person is Thibaw?
3. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
4. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
5. Gulliver disapproves of what sort of knowledge, according to Orwell?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)