|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell feel can help to reverse the downward trend of the English language?
(a) Better education.
(b) Common sense.
(c) Caring more.
2. How does Orwell feel about books?
(a) He enjoys reading, but wishes that books were cheaper.
(b) He prefers movies, unless he finds a really good book that can be read again and again.
(c) He laments the prioritization of the people who don't read.
(d) He prefers reading to most activities, but understands why other people might not.
3. What event does Orwell cite as evidence for his argument about sports?
(a) The peace treaty that was signed after the 1922 Olympic Games.
(b) The riots at the 1936 Olympic Games.
(c) The killing of a tennis star by a crazed fan.
(d) The money that has been donated to charity by sports stars.
4. What is the narrator's profession?
(b) Police officer.
5. Orwell remarks that no one ever plants what type of tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Orwell establish between social justice and nature?
2. According to Orwell, spring is more noticeable for people in what areas?
3. What is the name of John Milton's pamphlet that Orwell mentions in Chapter 8?
4. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
5. What two groups does Orwell name as an example of people for whom Satyagraha would be an ineffective political tool?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)