|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the elephant come from?
(a) It was wild, and found its way into the town.
(b) It was released in the town by someone who wanted to destroy the bazaar.
(c) It had escaped from the zoo.
(d) It was domesticated.
2. In "The Managerial Revolution", what does Burnham say about capitalism?
(a) That it will only survive if it changes to accommodate social classes.
(b) That it is dying, and will be replaced with communism.
(c) That it is dying, and will be replaced with a socialist pyramid.
(d) That it is alive and well.
3. What crucial element of Shakespeare's works does Tolstoy fail to recognize, according to Orwell?
(a) Shakespeare's lack of education.
(b) The social commentary in Shakespeare's works.
(c) The fact that Shakespeare deliberately incorporated flaws into his work.
(d) Shakespeare's status as a poet.
4. Orwell refers to the art of which countries to prove that those who work outdoors are interested in nature?
(a) China and Japan.
(b) Spain and France.
(c) Egypt and Spain.
(d) America and England.
5. How does Orwell feel about Gandhi's policy of non-violent protest?
(a) He agrees wholeheartedly with Gandhi's policy.
(b) It is ineffective, and unsuitable for the modern world.
(c) It is effective in most circumstances, but not all.
(d) It can be effective, but only in some circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about Jack the Ripper?
2. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
3. Why does Orwell claim that his readers think farmers and fishermen wouldn't be interested in reading his essays about nature?
4. According to Orwell, why might athletes try to cheat?
5. What types of sporting events does Orwell support?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)