|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fourth speaker, in Chapter 8, defended the purges in what country?
2. According to Orwell, how would reviews be handled in an ideal world?
(a) Ordinary people would write reviews and share them with one another.
(b) There wouldn't be any reviews.
(c) The number of works being reviewed would be greatly restricted.
(d) More people would write reviews, so that each reviewer wouldn't have to do as much work.
3. What helped to change Orwell's opinions of Gandhi?
(a) The opinion of someone who knew Gandhi personally.
(b) Gandhi's autobiography.
(c) Meeting Gandhi.
(d) News stories about Gandhi.
4. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
(a) German professors.
(b) American writers.
(c) Italian scholars.
(d) English noblemen.
5. According to Orwell, when is the best time to read a good murder mystery?
(a) Friday evening.
(b) Saturday morning.
(c) Sunday afternoon.
(d) Saturday evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, what is the basis for Burnham's political predictions?
2. How much does Orwell think the managerial revolution, which Burnham writes about, has influenced the United States?
3. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
4. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
5. What is the point of Orwell's essay on the English language?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)