|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which play did Tolstoy criticize most harshly?
(a) "King Lear".
(b) "Dr. Faustus".
(c) "Romeo and Juliet".
(d) "The Misanthrope".
2. Tolstoy wrote a biting criticism of what playwright's work?
3. How does the elephant die?
(a) It is shot twice but dies slowly.
(b) It dies quickly and painlessly.
(c) It kills two people before finally collapsing.
(d) It doesn't die, it escapes.
4. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
(a) Incapable and unsanitary.
(b) The hospital had no nurses, only a few overburdened doctors.
(c) Compassionate, but incompetent.
(d) Capable, but uncaring.
5. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
(a) Once his condition was stable, he was moved to another facility.
(b) He transferred to another hospital, to be under the care of his own doctor.
(c) He left fully recovered with a doctor's discharge.
(d) He fled before his time was up, and without an official discharge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
2. Overall, how does Orwell feel about "Gulliver's Travels"?
3. How does Orwell feel about Shakespeare?
4. What does the narrator call the hospital?
5. What sort of bath does the hospital staff give the narrator?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)