|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about Shakespeare?
(a) He admires what Shakespeare attempted, but dislikes his works.
(b) He likes Shakespeare's characters, but not the plots of his plays.
(c) He loves his work, and has profound respect for him as an artist.
(d) He likes Shakespeare, but realizes that there are flaws in his work.
2. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
(a) The Burmese.
(b) The prisoners.
(c) The British.
(d) The police.
3. What is the narrator's profession?
(d) Police officer.
4. Where is the narrator working?
5. What does the narrator call the hospital?
(a) "Hopital X."
(b) "Nurse Ratchet's wing."
(c) "L'hopital du mort."
(d) "The Tomb."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbol of Gulliver's aging?
2. What is in the prisoner's cell?
3. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
4. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
5. In Orwell's opinion, what does Tolstoy do to the scenes he is presenting?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)