|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Orwell, what word best describes Tolstoy's criticisms?
2. Which play did Tolstoy criticize most harshly?
(a) "Romeo and Juliet".
(b) "King Lear".
(c) "The Misanthrope".
(d) "Dr. Faustus".
3. How do the hospital staff sterilize their equipment between patients?
(a) They boil the tools.
(b) They dip the tools in rubbing alcohol.
(c) They don't.
(d) They use an autoclave.
4. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
5. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
(a) They try to help him escape.
(b) They begin to feel some compassion for him.
(c) They want him to die quickly.
(d) It doesn't seem to have an effect on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
2. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
3. What major change occurred in Tolstoy's life?
4. According to Orwell, how does Gulliver change from part two to part three of "Gulliver's Travels"?
5. What is the symbol of Gulliver's aging?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)