|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
(a) The Russian Empire.
(b) The Japanese Empire.
(c) The American Empire.
(d) The British Empire.
2. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
(d) Go back to work.
3. Why does Orwell dismiss Tolstoy's criticism?
(a) Tolstoy wasn't educated enough to write well-informed criticisms.
(b) It is impossible to prove.
(c) Tolstoy was prejudiced against the English.
(d) Orwell doesn't think highly of Tolstoy's writings.
4. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
(a) American writers.
(b) Italian scholars.
(c) German professors.
(d) English noblemen.
5. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
(a) He transferred to another hospital, to be under the care of his own doctor.
(b) He left fully recovered with a doctor's discharge.
(c) He fled before his time was up, and without an official discharge.
(d) Once his condition was stable, he was moved to another facility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
2. According to Orwell, how did Swift offend Queen Anne?
3. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
4. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
5. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)