|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the prisoner's cell?
(b) A cot and toilet.
(c) A plank bed and water pot.
(d) A bedroll.
2. Where do the magistrates and police convene after the prisoner's death?
(a) At the local tavern.
(b) They don't convene, they all go to their own homes.
(c) Close to the location of the corpse.
(d) On the side of town opposite the gallows.
3. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
(a) The Japanese Empire.
(b) The Russian Empire.
(c) The British Empire.
(d) The American Empire.
4. What is Orwell's reasoning for the shifts in Gulliver's character?
(a) Swift identified with Gulliver.
(b) Swift wanted a clear demarcation between each part of the story.
(c) Gulliver represented four different people that Swift knew.
(d) Gulliver had multiple personality disorder.
5. Death, at the narrator's hospital, is personified by a patient who finds what activity difficult and painful?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
2. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
3. What is the symbol of Gulliver's aging?
4. Where did the elephant come from?
5. What treatment is described as a spectator sport on the ward?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)