|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
(a) Lethal injection.
(b) Firing squad.
2. What is the subject of Gulliver's ranting in the second book of "Gulliver's Travels"?
(a) Organized religion.
(c) His children.
3. How do the hospital staff sterilize their equipment between patients?
(a) They dip the tools in rubbing alcohol.
(b) They boil the tools.
(c) They use an autoclave.
(d) They don't.
4. How does Gulliver believe science should be used?
(a) For practical applications, like technology, that improve the welfare of all.
(b) To wield power over those who aren't educated.
(c) As a mental exercise.
(d) To prove that some religious beliefs are absurd.
5. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
(a) A Hindu prayer for salvation.
(b) The names of his family members.
(c) Nonsense words.
(d) The name of the god, Ram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator eventually shoot the elephant?
2. Which play did Tolstoy criticize most harshly?
3. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
4. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
5. How is the prisoner behaving, as he is marching to his death?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)