|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the elephant destroyed?
(a) A.grove of trees, a hut, and a bicycle.
(b) A cart with vegetables in it.
(c) A newsstand.
(d) A bamboo hut, some fruit stalls, and a rubbish van.
2. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
(b) Middle age.
(c) Young adulthood.
(d) Old age.
3. Why does Orwell dismiss Tolstoy's criticism?
(a) Tolstoy wasn't educated enough to write well-informed criticisms.
(b) Tolstoy was prejudiced against the English.
(c) It is impossible to prove.
(d) Orwell doesn't think highly of Tolstoy's writings.
4. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
(a) He has gone from being the oppressor, to being the victim.
(b) He has been demoted.
(c) He has been imprisoned.
(d) He has been reassigned.
5. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver disapproves of what sort of knowledge, according to Orwell?
2. What is the symbol of Gulliver's aging?
3. In Orwell's opinion, what does Tolstoy do to the scenes he is presenting?
4. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
5. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)