|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
(a) A Hindu prayer for salvation.
(b) Nonsense words.
(c) The name of the god, Ram.
(d) The names of his family members.
2. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
(d) None of the answers is correct.
3. Tolstoy wrote a biting criticism of what playwright's work?
4. What does the narrator call the hospital?
(a) "Hopital X."
(b) "L'hopital du mort."
(c) "Nurse Ratchet's wing."
(d) "The Tomb."
5. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
(b) Go back to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which play did Tolstoy criticize most harshly?
2. What is the symbol of Gulliver's aging?
3. According to Orwell, how did Swift offend Queen Anne?
4. According to Gulliver, scientists should not concern themselves with what area of thought?
5. How do the hospital staff sterilize their equipment between patients?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)