|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prisoner begin to chant as he walks?
(a) A Hindu prayer for salvation.
(b) Nonsense words.
(c) The name of the god, Ram.
(d) The names of his family members.
2. Gulliver disapproves of what sort of knowledge, according to Orwell?
(a) Abstract knowledge.
(b) Knowledge used only for practical purposes.
(c) Knowledge for its own sake.
(d) Knowledge supported by insufficient evidence.
3. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
4. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
5. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
(a) American writers.
(b) German professors.
(c) Italian scholars.
(d) English noblemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In principle, with whom does the narrator side?
2. Overall, how does Orwell feel about "Gulliver's Travels"?
3. What does Orwell say about Tolstoy's conversion?
4. Why does Orwell dismiss Tolstoy's criticism?
5. Where do the magistrates and police convene after the prisoner's death?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)