|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the magistrates and police convene after the prisoner's death?
(a) On the side of town opposite the gallows.
(b) At the local tavern.
(c) They don't convene, they all go to their own homes.
(d) Close to the location of the corpse.
2. Orwell feels that Swift, through "Gulliver's Travels", is attacking what sort of government structure?
3. Why does the narrator hesitate to kill the elephant?
(a) He doesn't want to lose face.
(b) He feels compassion for it.
(c) He is afraid of the repercussions from the angry crowd.
(d) It is a large and expensive piece of machinery.
4. What is the symbol of Gulliver's aging?
(a) His arthritic hands.
(b) His spectacles.
(c) His cane.
(d) His hair, which is turning grey.
5. What is the narrator's profession?
(c) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
2. What illness does the narrator have, in Chapter 3?
3. What do the doctors in the narrator's hospital do?
4. What sort of bath does the hospital staff give the narrator?
5. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)