|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator leave the hospital?
(a) Once his condition was stable, he was moved to another facility.
(b) He fled before his time was up, and without an official discharge.
(c) He left fully recovered with a doctor's discharge.
(d) He transferred to another hospital, to be under the care of his own doctor.
2. Tolstoy wrote a biting criticism of what playwright's work?
3. What is the subject of Gulliver's ranting in the second book of "Gulliver's Travels"?
(b) His children.
(c) Organized religion.
4. How do the Burmese treat the narrator?
(a) They are respectful to his face, but sneer at him behind his back.
(b) They are openly violent at times.
(c) They harass and insult him whenever they can.
(d) They are respectful and grateful to him.
5. What is Orwell's reasoning for the shifts in Gulliver's character?
(a) Gulliver had multiple personality disorder.
(b) Swift identified with Gulliver.
(c) Gulliver represented four different people that Swift knew.
(d) Swift wanted a clear demarcation between each part of the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
2. What is the crowd's reaction to the prisoner's chant?
3. In what stage of Tolstoy's life did this major change occur?
4. What sort of bath does the hospital staff give the narrator?
5. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)