|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the narrator, in Chapter 3?
2. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
(a) English noblemen.
(b) American writers.
(c) Italian scholars.
(d) German professors.
3. In this story, Burma is a colony of what empire?
(a) The Russian Empire.
(b) The British Empire.
(c) The Japanese Empire.
(d) The American Empire.
4. According to Orwell, what were Smith's religious beliefs?
(a) Swift subscribed to his own form of spirituality.
(b) He was not a religious man.
(c) Swift believed in a higher power, but rejected organized religions.
(d) Swift was a firm believer in the necessity of organized religion.
5. What do the doctors in the narrator's hospital do?
(a) Triage the patients, starting with the most critically injured.
(b) Intervene in only the most critical situations.
(c) Travel from one target patient to the next, ignoring the other patients who are suffering.
(d) Make the terminally ill patients as comfortable as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were killed by the elephant while it was rampaging?
2. How does the elephant die?
3. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
4. Which play did Tolstoy criticize most harshly?
5. What is Orwell's reasoning for the shifts in Gulliver's character?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)