|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the elephant die?
(a) It doesn't die, it escapes.
(b) It kills two people before finally collapsing.
(c) It dies quickly and painlessly.
(d) It is shot twice but dies slowly.
2. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
(b) Go back to work.
3. What crucial element of Shakespeare's works does Tolstoy fail to recognize, according to Orwell?
(a) Shakespeare's status as a poet.
(b) Shakespeare's lack of education.
(c) The fact that Shakespeare deliberately incorporated flaws into his work.
(d) The social commentary in Shakespeare's works.
4. How is the prisoner going to be executed?
(c) Firing squad.
(d) Lethal injection.
5. How were the nurses in the hospital described?
(a) Capable, but uncaring.
(b) Incapable and unsanitary.
(c) Compassionate, but incompetent.
(d) The hospital had no nurses, only a few overburdened doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change has occurred for the narrator, in Chapter 3?
2. What does the creature do as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
3. What does Orwell say about Tolstoy's conversion?
4. The narrator is a citizen of what country?
5. Patients in the narrator's hospital are used for what?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)