|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tolstoy, Shakespeare's great reputation was propagated by whom?
(a) Italian scholars.
(b) American writers.
(c) German professors.
(d) English noblemen.
2. Tolstoy accuses the playwright he is criticizing of having a philosophy similar to whom?
3. How does Orwell feel about winning by cheating?
(a) A win is a win, regardless of how it is earned.
(b) It's okay, if the cheating team is so far behind that winning one game won't affect the overall outcome.
(c) It's okay, as long as the other team is also cheating.
(d) It is a win without honor or meaning.
4. According to Orwell, what ideal is at stake in international sports competitions?
5. How do the police and magistrates feel after the prisoner's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about Shakespeare?
2. The third speaker, in Chapter 8, attacked what?
3. What is Orwell's problem with phrases like "swan song"?
4. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
5. What term does Orwell use to describe modern sports?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)