|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the magistrates and police convene after the prisoner's death?
(a) Close to the location of the corpse.
(b) At the local tavern.
(c) On the side of town opposite the gallows.
(d) They don't convene, they all go to their own homes.
2. How do the police and magistrates feel after the prisoner's death?
3. What do the magistrates and police do after the prisoner's death?
(c) Go back to work.
4. What creature intervenes as the prisoner is being led to his execution?
(a) A stray dog.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A stray cat.
5. Of what religion is the prisoner in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Burmese jail described?
2. What is the name of John Milton's pamphlet that Orwell mentions in Chapter 8?
3. What crucial element of Shakespeare's works does Tolstoy fail to recognize, according to Orwell?
4. What relationship does Orwell establish between freedom for political writers, and non-political ones?
5. What major change occurred in Tolstoy's life?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)