|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burnham predicted that what nation would be victorious in World War II?
2. What does Burnham write about Stalin?
(a) He is a sham, who must be overthrown.
(b) He is brilliant and misunderstood.
(c) He is a necessary and logical continuation from Lenin.
(d) He is less than ideal, but still a competent leader.
3. How many works is the person in Chapter 14 attempting to review?
4. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
(a) He keeps getting interrupted.
(b) The works he is reviewing are boring.
(c) He is afraid of offending the works' authors.
(d) He is too busy to write them.
5. According to Burnham, what place do workers occupy in the new socialist structure?
(a) They are somewhere in the middle of the pyramid.
(b) They are near the top of the pyramid.
(c) They are semi-slaves, who are at the bottom of the pyramid.
(d) Burnham does not discuss the socialist position of workers, only managers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell feels that Swift, through "Gulliver's Travels", is attacking what sort of government structure?
2. What is the symbol of Gulliver's aging?
3. According to Orwell, how would reviews be handled in an ideal world?
4. Gulliver disapproves of what sort of knowledge, according to Orwell?
5. According to Orwell, how did Swift offend Queen Anne?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)