|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Managerial Revolution", what does Burnham say about capitalism?
(a) That it is dying, and will be replaced with communism.
(b) That it is alive and well.
(c) That it will only survive if it changes to accommodate social classes.
(d) That it is dying, and will be replaced with a socialist pyramid.
2. What does Burnham say about the Nazis?
(a) They were monsters.
(b) They were good soldiers, with corrupt leadership.
(c) They were well intended, but misguided.
(d) They may have been monsters in a different era, but in this one, they were fine.
3. In Orwell's ideal world, how would the quality of each work be reflected in its reviews?
(a) Only the good works would be reviewed, so that people could seek them out.
(b) Good works would get long, detailed reviews; poor ones would get only a few lines.
(c) All works would receive equal treatment.
(d) Only the poor works would be reviewed, so that people could avoid them.
4. How much does Orwell think the managerial revolution, which Burnham writes about, has influenced the United States?
(a) A lot.
(c) Not at all.
(d) Very little.
5. According to Gulliver, scientists should not concern themselves with what area of thought?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burnham write about Stalin?
2. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
3. According to Burnham, what is the most important factor for class mobility, in the society he envisions?
4. What does Burnham write about the atrocities Stalin committed?
5. According to Orwell, what were Smith's religious beliefs?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)