|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many works is the person in Chapter 14 attempting to review?
2. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
(a) He is too busy to write them.
(b) The works he is reviewing are boring.
(c) He is afraid of offending the works' authors.
(d) He keeps getting interrupted.
3. What does Burnham write about Stalin?
(a) He is a sham, who must be overthrown.
(b) He is brilliant and misunderstood.
(c) He is a necessary and logical continuation from Lenin.
(d) He is less than ideal, but still a competent leader.
4. According to Gulliver, scientists should not concern themselves with what area of thought?
5. In Orwell's ideal world, how would the quality of each work be reflected in its reviews?
(a) Good works would get long, detailed reviews; poor ones would get only a few lines.
(b) Only the poor works would be reviewed, so that people could avoid them.
(c) All works would receive equal treatment.
(d) Only the good works would be reviewed, so that people could seek them out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Orwell's reasoning for the shifts in Gulliver's character?
2. Gulliver disapproves of what sort of knowledge, according to Orwell?
3. What does Burnham say about the Nazis?
4. What aspect of "Gulliver's Travels" does Orwell discuss in Chapter 5?
5. What is the subject of Gulliver's ranting in the second book of "Gulliver's Travels"?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)