|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Orwell's ideal world, how would the quality of each work be reflected in its reviews?
(a) Only the poor works would be reviewed, so that people could avoid them.
(b) Only the good works would be reviewed, so that people could seek them out.
(c) All works would receive equal treatment.
(d) Good works would get long, detailed reviews; poor ones would get only a few lines.
2. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
3. What is the subject of Gulliver's ranting in the second book of "Gulliver's Travels"?
(b) His children.
(d) Organized religion.
4. According to Orwell, how would reviews be handled in an ideal world?
(a) There wouldn't be any reviews.
(b) The number of works being reviewed would be greatly restricted.
(c) Ordinary people would write reviews and share them with one another.
(d) More people would write reviews, so that each reviewer wouldn't have to do as much work.
5. How much does Orwell think the managerial revolution, which Burnham writes about, has influenced the United States?
(a) A lot.
(b) Not at all.
(d) Very little.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, how does Gulliver change from part two to part three of "Gulliver's Travels"?
2. Burnham was influenced by what political writer?
3. Orwell feels that Swift, through "Gulliver's Travels", is attacking what sort of government structure?
4. Burnham predicted that what nation would be victorious in World War II?
5. What aspect of "Gulliver's Travels" does Orwell discuss in Chapter 5?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)