|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burnham write about the atrocities Stalin committed?
(a) The world believed Stalin because he gave just enough evidence to back up his claims.
(b) The world knew Stalin was crazy, but couldn't do anything to stop him.
(c) The things he did were so outrageous that the rest of the world was inclined to believe his reasons for doing so.
(d) The world wasn't aware of anything Stalin did until after he died.
2. What is the subject of Gulliver's ranting in the second book of "Gulliver's Travels"?
(b) His children.
(d) Organized religion.
3. In Orwell's ideal world, how would the quality of each work be reflected in its reviews?
(a) Only the poor works would be reviewed, so that people could avoid them.
(b) Good works would get long, detailed reviews; poor ones would get only a few lines.
(c) All works would receive equal treatment.
(d) Only the good works would be reviewed, so that people could seek them out.
4. How many works is the person in Chapter 14 attempting to review?
5. In "The Managerial Revolution", what does Burnham say about capitalism?
(a) That it is alive and well.
(b) That it is dying, and will be replaced with a socialist pyramid.
(c) That it will only survive if it changes to accommodate social classes.
(d) That it is dying, and will be replaced with communism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burnham was influenced by what political writer?
2. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
3. According to Orwell, how would reviews be handled in an ideal world?
4. According to Orwell, what were Smith's religious beliefs?
5. According to Burnham, what place do workers occupy in the new socialist structure?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)