|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The subject of Chapter 14 reviews what?
2. What does Burnham write about the atrocities Stalin committed?
(a) The world believed Stalin because he gave just enough evidence to back up his claims.
(b) The world wasn't aware of anything Stalin did until after he died.
(c) The world knew Stalin was crazy, but couldn't do anything to stop him.
(d) The things he did were so outrageous that the rest of the world was inclined to believe his reasons for doing so.
3. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
4. Burnham was influenced by what political writer?
(a) Thomas Aquinas.
(b) Immanuel Kant.
5. Orwell feels that Swift, through "Gulliver's Travels", is attacking what sort of government structure?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbol of Gulliver's aging?
2. According to Burnham, what place do workers occupy in the new socialist structure?
3. How many works is the person in Chapter 14 attempting to review?
4. According to Orwell, how did Swift offend Queen Anne?
5. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)