|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
2. In "The Managerial Revolution", what does Burnham say about capitalism?
(a) That it will only survive if it changes to accommodate social classes.
(b) That it is dying, and will be replaced with a socialist pyramid.
(c) That it is alive and well.
(d) That it is dying, and will be replaced with communism.
3. Overall, how does Orwell feel about "Gulliver's Travels"?
(a) He is bored by them, and doesn't understand people's fascination with the story.
(b) He likes the books, and has reread them many times.
(c) He feels that the books have an important message, but are poorly executed.
(d) He understands, and sympathizes with, Swift's message, but thinks the books are poorly executed.
4. How much does Orwell think the managerial revolution, which Burnham writes about, has influenced the United States?
(b) Not at all.
(c) Very little.
(d) A lot.
5. According to Burnham, what is the most important factor for class mobility, in the society he envisions?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, how did Swift offend Queen Anne?
2. How does Gulliver believe science should be used?
3. What does Burnham say about the Nazis?
4. According to Gulliver, scientists should not concern themselves with what area of thought?
5. What does Burnham write about Stalin?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)