|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orwell feel about Burnham, and his methods of prophesying?
(a) He is cowardly, and mentally imbalanced.
(b) He has good intentions, but is misguided.
(c) He is a con artist.
(d) His prophecies are based on good evidence, but they are misinterpreted.
2. According to Burnham, what is the most important factor for class mobility, in the society he envisions?
3. Why is the reviewer having such difficulty writing his reviews?
(a) He is too busy to write them.
(b) He keeps getting interrupted.
(c) He is afraid of offending the works' authors.
(d) The works he is reviewing are boring.
4. What does Burnham write about Stalin?
(a) He is brilliant and misunderstood.
(b) He is a sham, who must be overthrown.
(c) He is less than ideal, but still a competent leader.
(d) He is a necessary and logical continuation from Lenin.
5. How much does Orwell think the managerial revolution, which Burnham writes about, has influenced the United States?
(a) Not at all.
(c) A lot.
(d) Very little.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Burnham, who governs the manners and morals of a given era?
2. Gulliver disapproves of what sort of knowledge, according to Orwell?
3. Orwell feels that Swift, through "Gulliver's Travels", is attacking what sort of government structure?
4. Burnham predicted that what nation would be victorious in World War II?
5. According to Burnham, what place do workers occupy in the new socialist structure?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)