|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many works is the person in Chapter 14 attempting to review?
2. What does Burnham write about the atrocities Stalin committed?
(a) The world wasn't aware of anything Stalin did until after he died.
(b) The world believed Stalin because he gave just enough evidence to back up his claims.
(c) The world knew Stalin was crazy, but couldn't do anything to stop him.
(d) The things he did were so outrageous that the rest of the world was inclined to believe his reasons for doing so.
3. How much does Orwell think the managerial revolution, which Burnham writes about, has influenced the United States?
(b) A lot.
(c) Not at all.
(d) Very little.
4. According to Orwell, how would reviews be handled in an ideal world?
(a) More people would write reviews, so that each reviewer wouldn't have to do as much work.
(b) The number of works being reviewed would be greatly restricted.
(c) Ordinary people would write reviews and share them with one another.
(d) There wouldn't be any reviews.
5. What is the symbol of Gulliver's aging?
(a) His cane.
(b) His spectacles.
(c) His arthritic hands.
(d) His hair, which is turning grey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burnham write about Stalin?
2. How does Gulliver believe science should be used?
3. What is Orwell's reasoning for the shifts in Gulliver's character?
4. According to Orwell, what is the basis for Burnham's political predictions?
5. According to Orwell, how did Swift offend Queen Anne?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)