|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many works is the person in Chapter 14 attempting to review?
2. Burnham was influenced by what political writer?
(a) Immanuel Kant.
(d) Thomas Aquinas.
3. How does Orwell feel about Burnham, and his methods of prophesying?
(a) He is cowardly, and mentally imbalanced.
(b) He has good intentions, but is misguided.
(c) His prophecies are based on good evidence, but they are misinterpreted.
(d) He is a con artist.
4. According to Burnham, what place do workers occupy in the new socialist structure?
(a) They are near the top of the pyramid.
(b) Burnham does not discuss the socialist position of workers, only managers.
(c) They are somewhere in the middle of the pyramid.
(d) They are semi-slaves, who are at the bottom of the pyramid.
5. How many reviews does the person in Chapter 14 write per year?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Orwell, how did Swift offend Queen Anne?
2. What does Burnham write about the atrocities Stalin committed?
3. What is Orwell's reasoning for the shifts in Gulliver's character?
4. What is the subject of Gulliver's ranting in the second book of "Gulliver's Travels"?
5. Burnham predicted that what nation would be victorious in World War II?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)