|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Blackthorne's duty after Toranaga leaves?
(a) to learn Japanese.
(b) to learn Japanese history.
(c) to learn sword fighting.
(d) to learn Portuguese.
2. Who intercepts Mariko, Kiri, and Sazuko as they prepare to leave the palace walls?
(a) the Jesuits.
(b) Toranaga's men.
(c) Hiro-matso's men.
(d) Ishido's men.
3. What concerns Blackthorne after the earthquake?
(a) the number of casualties.
(b) the condition of the Erasmus.
(c) the cost of rebuilding his house.
(d) the danger of going out at night.
4. What does Toranaga say to Buntaro about Blackthorne's head.
(a) he needs it in a basket.
(b) he wants to elevate it.
(c) he needs it on his shoulders.
(d) he thinks it is on wrong.
5. Who prevents Blackthorne from killing himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What permission does Toranaga give Blackthorne about his crew?
2. What does Mariko tell Blackthorne about the money Fujiko will spend from her own fortune?
3. What is Mariko trying to goad Ishido into admitting?
4. What does Blackthorne tell Ishido at the party?
5. What does Blackthorne suggest Toranaga intends to do with him and Mariko?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)