|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prevents Blackthorne from killing himself?
2. What gift does Rodrigues give Blackthorne that makes him suspicious?
(a) a history of the Jesuits in Japan.
(b) a copy of the Bible in English.
(c) a newly copied rutter.
(d) a dictionary of Portuguese to Japanese language.
3. What does Toranaga declare about Sudara?
(a) he is to marry his cousin.
(b) he is no longer his heir.
(c) he is his sole heir.
(d) he is his heir together with his brother.
4. What position does Blackthorne occupy as long as he is in Japan?
5. What is Mariko trying to goad Ishido into admitting?
(a) that he plans to kill Blackthorne.
(b) that he fears Toranaga.
(c) that she has higher rank than he does.
(d) that she is a hostage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interests Toranaga as a possible consort?
2. How does Toranaga attempt to make peace between Buntaro and Mariko?
3. When Mariko is unable to leave as ordered by Toranaga, what does she plan to do?
4. Why does Blackthorne threaten to commit suicide?
5. How will Fujiko pay for the reconstruction of Blackthorne's house if his finances are insufficient?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)