|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mariko trying to goad Ishido into admitting?
(a) that he fears Toranaga.
(b) that she has higher rank than he does.
(c) that he plans to kill Blackthorne.
(d) that she is a hostage.
2. Who is on the Erasmus when Blackthorne arrives?
(a) Rodrigues and a samurai.
(b) Father Sebastio and Alvito.
(c) Toranaga and Hiro-matsu.
(d) Vinck and the samurai on board.
3. What permission does Toranaga give Blackthorne about his crew?
(a) that he could send them back to Portugal.
(b) that he could visit them.
(c) that he could bury them.
(d) that he could return them to the ship.
4. What course of action does Yabu recommend?
(a) killing the couriers.
(b) sending Blackthrone to Ishido.
(c) pretending to cooperate.
(d) declaring war.
5. What concerns Blackthorne after the earthquake?
(a) the number of casualties.
(b) the cost of rebuilding his house.
(c) the condition of the Erasmus.
(d) the danger of going out at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Toranaga send for to come to his quarters?
2. What gift does Rodrigues give Blackthorne that makes him suspicious?
3. What has Toranga been ordered to do?
4. Why does Blackthorne threaten to commit suicide?
5. When they next meet, what does Blackthorne tell Mariko he understood at the party?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)