|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has possession of the Erasmus?
(d) the Jesuits.
2. What does Yabu give Blackthorne?
(a) the muskets taken from the Erasmus.
(b) the rutter taken from the Erasmus.
(c) the silver taken from the Erasmus.
(d) the canon taken from the Erasmus.
3. Who is Zataki?
(a) Yabu's brother.
(b) Toranaga's half brother.
(c) Buntaro's informant.
(d) Kiku's consort.
4. What does Toranaga declare about Sudara?
(a) he is his sole heir.
(b) he is to marry his cousin.
(c) he is no longer his heir.
(d) he is his heir together with his brother.
5. During the digging, what do the villagers express concern about?
(a) rebuilding their houses.
(b) new taxes.
(c) a possible war.
(d) another earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Omi's wife agree that the money is well spent?
2. After purging his advisers, what does Toranaga do?
3. What is a part of Toranaga's plan against Ishido?
4. What are the living conditions of Blackthorne's crew?
5. What perks does Blackthorne now enjoy?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)