|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Blackthorne occupy as long as he is in Japan?
2. How does Toranaga attempt to make peace between Buntaro and Mariko?
(a) giving Buntaro a fiefdom.
(b) giving Mariko a financial settlement.
(c) having Buntaro spend the night with Mariko.
(d) having Buntaro apologize to Mariko.
3. As Yabu and Toranaga head for the village, what are Omi and Mura discussing?
(a) how to plan a surprise for Toranaga.
(b) whether everything is ready for the arrival.
(c) it there is enough security in the village.
(d) what time Yabu and Toranaga will arrive.
4. What are the living conditions of Blackthorne's crew?
(a) they are in a large house with servants.
(b) they are free to make improvements on their houses.
(c) they have all been given Japanese wives.
(d) they are in filth and crawling with lice.
5. What does Blackthorne say that he and Mariko are to Toranaga?
(c) lame ducks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blackthorne tell Ishido at the party?
2. What has Omi done in preparation for the arrival of Toranaga and Yabu?
3. What does Yabu give Blackthorne?
4. Where does Blackthorne go to meet Kiku?
5. How does Toranaga handle the situation with the large number of samurai on the beach when he arrives?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)