|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Omi's wife agree that the money is well spent?
(a) it could lead to promotion.
(b) it shows his status in the world.
(c) it might be repaid by Toranaga.
(d) it will impress the villagers.
2. What does Rodrigues know if there is a sea battle between his ship and Blackthorne's?
(a) the Jesuits will sabotage Blackthorne's ship.
(b) he will defeat Blackthorne.
(c) Blackthorne will defeat him.
(d) Toranaga will be on Blackthorne's ship.
3. Who is on the Erasmus when Blackthorne arrives?
(a) Rodrigues and a samurai.
(b) Vinck and the samurai on board.
(c) Toranaga and Hiro-matsu.
(d) Father Sebastio and Alvito.
4. During the digging, what do the villagers express concern about?
(a) rebuilding their houses.
(b) a possible war.
(c) another earthquake.
(d) new taxes.
5. What did Toranaga lose during the earthquake?
(a) his palace.
(b) his horse.
(c) his swords.
(d) his uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Toranaga send for to come to his quarters?
2. What response does Mura advise if the Holy Father asks about weapons?
3. Why does Blackthorne threaten to commit suicide?
4. What does Toranaga want in the scrolls Mariko delivers to Kiri and Sazuko?
5. What does Mariko tell Blackthorne about the money Fujiko will spend from her own fortune?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Omi further attempt to ingratiate himself with Lord Toranaga?
2. What are the circumstances that call off the attack against Mariko after the bomb goes off?
3. Why does Mariko travel to Osaka with scrolls for Kiri and Sazuko?
4. What is the problem between Toranaga and his half-brother Zataki?
5. What is the unusual request Buntaro makes of Blackthorne.
6. What proposal of Blackthorne's meets with opposition from Toranaga?
7. What event breaks up the birthday party for Ochiba?
8. What action on the part of Martin Alvito raises Blackthorne's suspicions?
9. Why do Blackthorne, his crew, and some samurai move the Erasmus?
10. Why is Buntaro so antagonistic toward Blackthorne?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)