|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mariko is unable to leave as ordered by Toranaga, what does she plan to do?
(a) bribe the guards.
(b) go over to Ishido.
(c) commit seppuku.
(d) send for assistance.
2. What does Blackthorne say that he and Mariko are to Toranaga?
(c) lame ducks.
3. Who has possession of the Erasmus?
(a) the Jesuits.
4. Who does Mura send to dig for what Toranaga lost in the earthquake?
(a) some villagers.
(b) some Portuguese.
(c) some samurai.
(d) some prisoners.
5. Where is Blackthorne when Yabu arrives to see him?
(a) waiting to see Toranaga.
(b) on board the Erasmus.
(c) at his rebuilt house.
(d) in Mariko's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What course of action does Yabu recommend?
2. What is Blackthorne's duty after Toranaga leaves?
3. Who prevents Blackthorne from killing himself?
4. What is a part of Toranaga's plan against Ishido?
5. What has Omi done in preparation for the arrival of Toranaga and Yabu?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Omi further attempt to ingratiate himself with Lord Toranaga?
2. What is the request Blackthorne makes of Toranaga regarding Mariko?
3. What action on the part of Martin Alvito raises Blackthorne's suspicions?
4. Why does Toranaga lose his temper when Buntaro requests permission to kill Blackthorne?
5. what is the chief concern among Toranaga's people pending his arrival at his castle?
6. What is the unusual request Buntaro makes of Blackthorne.
7. What are the circumstances that call off the attack against Mariko after the bomb goes off?
8. How does Toranaga respond to Ishido's demand that he come to Osaka?
9. Why is Buntaro so antagonistic toward Blackthorne?
10. What is the problem between Toranaga and his half-brother Zataki?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)