Short Answer Key
Chapters One through Six
1. What is the subject matter of the Prologue?
the storm that sends the ship to land at Japan.
2. What is Blackthorne's position before the wreck of the Erasmus?
pilot-major of the trading ship Erasmus.
3. What does the first priest indicate when he arrives where Blackthorne is held prisoner?
that Blackthorne is going to die.
4. What does the samurai Omi do when one man fails to bow upon his arrival?
he slices off the man's head.
5. What is Blackthorne looking for when he manages to return to his ship?
6. How did the book Blackthorne looks for happen to be on the Erasmus?
it was stolen from the Portuguese.
7. Where is Blackthorne taken out of respect for his position?
the home of Mura, the headman of the village, Anjiro.
8. Although he treats Blackthorne well, what does...
This section contains 2,606 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)