|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the book Blackthorne looks for happen to be on the Erasmus?
(a) it was made by Blackthorne.
(b) it was stolen from the Portuguese.
(c) it belonged to the first mate.
(d) it was bought from the French.
2. Who comes to take Blackthorne from the pit?
(a) Yabu himself.
(b) a courtesan.
(c) a young boy.
(d) a priest.
3. What causes Yabu to defy orders?
(a) the potential for riches aboard Blackthorne's ship.
(b) the onslaught of winter.
(c) his plan to become the shōgun.
(d) his devotion to his wife.
4. What does Blackthorne suspect about Father Sabastio?
(a) that he is a spy for the Portuguese
(b) that he fears for his own life by talking to him.
(c) that he is using Blackthorne to elevate his own position.
(d) that he is not interpreting properly for the Japanese.
5. What has Yabu decided to do against direct orders.
(a) sink the Erasmus.
(b) remain in Yedo.
(c) not to kill any of the Englishmen.
(d) go directly to the shōgun.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Yabu is telling Omi that the next battle will be fought at sea, what does he see entering the bay?
2. How does Blackthorne realize he is not going to be executed?
3. Why does Ishido Kazunari insult Toranaga?
4. Who does Yokodo tell Toranaga he should marry?
5. How is the Englishman killed?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)