|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", while Ray, Salinger and Graham are making breakfast, who calls them on the phone?
(d) Salinger's son.
2. What object does Ray treat with reverence as he touches it?
(a) A turnstile from the Polo Grounds.
(b) An original manuscript of Salinger's.
(c) Black Betty; Shoeless Joe's bat.
(d) A baseball hit by Willie Mays.
3. How long did Moonlight Graham play in the majors?
(a) One season.
(b) One week.
(c) Two months.
(d) One inning.
4. What does Ray do for a second time as he and JD start their road trip?
(a) Talks about the difference between different species of corn.
(b) Tell JD the story of his father, Shoeless Joe, and his baseball field.
(c) Tells JD about the first time Ray read "The Catcher in the Rye."
(d) Bangs his head on a pole at a gas station.
5. After seeing the baseball game for the first time, what does Salinger offer Ray?
(a) To write a novel about Ray's field.
(b) To help finish buidling the outfield wall.
(c) To bring Richard back to the farm.
(d) To help bring the mortgage up to date.
6. Having arrived in Moonlight Graham's town, what medical condition does Ray believe he and Salinger had contracted?
(b) Restless leg syndrome.
(c) Post-fantasy depression.
7. How did Ray keep the field a secret from Eddie Scissons for three years?
(a) Ray was never invited over since he built the field.
(b) Annie would distract Eddie by flirting with him.
(c) Eddie did know about the field.
(d) By parking on the other side of the farmhouse.
8. In The Oldest Living Chicago Cub, why is Mark so desperate to buy Ray's farm?
(a) Ray's farm is the only section that hasn't sold to Ray and his partners.
(b) Mark wants to punish Ray for embarressing him.
(c) Ray's farm has the best view of the river.
(d) Mark wants to help Annie's family.
9. What condition is the field in when Ray returns from his road trip?
(a) Good shape because Annie took care of it while he was gone.
(b) Perfect shape with freshly mowed grass.
(c) The field is gone, it has been replaced by corn.
(d) Ragged shape with dandelions and overgrown grass.
10. Why does a banker call Eddie Scissons about Ray's mortgage payments?
(a) Mark was trying to pressure Annie into selling the farm.
(b) Ray was asking for a loan to build new bleachers for the field.
(c) Ray had gone bankrupt while on his road trip.
(d) Ray was asking for a loan for a tractor to mow the baseball field.
11. As they reach Iowa, what does Ray tell JD Salinger they need to pick up?
(a) A relief pitcher.
(c) Grass seed.
(d) Baseball cleats.
12. What position did Moonlight Graham play in the major league?
(a) First Base.
(c) Left Field.
(d) Right Field.
13. Why is Shoeless Joe Jackson confused to see Moonlight Graham in the stands?
(a) Graham should be playing in the game.
(b) Shoeless Joe has no idea who Graham is.
(c) Shoeless Joe only knew Graham as an older Doctor.
(d) Graham is Shoeless Joe's cousin.
14. In "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", what did Eddie sell to Mark?
(a) An autographed baseball.
(b) Ray's mortgage.
(c) A tractor.
(d) Shoeless Joe's cleats.
15. What kind of car does Ray drive?
(a) A Datsun.
(b) A Chevrolet.
(c) A Toyota.
(d) A Dodge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
2. Why does Ray ask if JD Salinger eats soybeans?
3. What is Eddie Scissons wearing when he dies?
4. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
5. While staying in a hotel in Minneapolis, what does JD Salinger suggest the three of them do?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)