|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Karin as she is choking on a hot dog bun?
(b) Moonlight Graham.
(c) Shoeless Joe.
2. Why does Ray ask if JD Salinger eats soybeans?
(a) Mark gave a lecture saying that's all Salinger ever eats.
(b) Ray was simply making random conversation.
(c) They were driving by a soy bean field at the time.
(d) They are Ray's favorite food.
3. After interviewing people of the town, what does Ray compare memories of Doc Graham to?
(a) Ears of corn growing on a stalk.
(b) Family pictures kept in a box.
(c) Colored bottles that Ray and Annie dug up from their yard.
(d) A package of baseball cards held together by a rubber band.
4. What does Ray expect to find in the Iowa City library after Eddie's funeral?
(a) Eddie's will giving Ray full ownership of the farm.
(b) Shoeless Joe's baseball card.
(c) A cash deposit box with enough money to pay off the mortgage.
(d) Eddie's details in the Baseball Encyclopedia.
5. Where did Moonlight Graham grow up?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) San Francisco.
6. What is Eddie Scissons' claim to fame?
(a) That he is the oldest living Chicago Cub.
(b) That he was the last person to bat at the Polo Grounds.
(c) That he was the first designated hitter inducted into the Hall of Fame.
(d) That he used to play baseball with Shoeless Joe.
7. What profession is the hitch hiker who Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
(a) A farmhand.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A writer.
(d) A baseball player.
8. What position does Archie Graham play when Shoeless Joe asks him to be on the field?
(a) Right field.
(b) Left field.
(c) First base.
(d) Short stop.
9. Who does Ray dream about while staying in a motel driving to Chisholm?
(a) Eddie Scissons.
(b) JD Salinger.
(c) Shoeless Joe.
(d) Moonlight Graham.
10. How does Ray get through the locked door?
(a) He climbs over the fence.
(b) He climbs through a window.
(c) He breaks the lock by kicking it.
(d) He picks the lock by hand.
11. What was Doc Graham's wife's name?
12. How does Ray determine what year it is as he is talking with Doc Graham?
(a) He asks him about last year's World Series.
(b) He guesses the year by looking at the movie theater's marquee.
(c) He sees a political sign in a store window.
(d) He scrapes mud of a license plate to check the year's registration tag.
13. While playing baseball, Eddie was on a team that did what?
(a) Turned a triple play.
(b) Won the world series.
(c) Pitched back to back perfect games.
(d) Hit five homeruns in a row.
14. What must Eddie have in his coffee?
15. Why is Shoeless Joe Jackson confused to see Moonlight Graham in the stands?
(a) Shoeless Joe has no idea who Graham is.
(b) Graham is Shoeless Joe's cousin.
(c) Graham should be playing in the game.
(d) Shoeless Joe only knew Graham as an older Doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the article about Dr. Graham?
2. Where do Ray and JD Salinger plan to stop on their way from Chisholm to Iowa?
3. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
4. Who does the announcer say is the White Sox catcher?
5. What is Moonlight Graham's first name?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)