|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Moonlight Graham come to bat in the majors?
(c) Twenty times.
(d) Ten times.
2. What is Eddie Scissons' claim to fame?
(a) That he used to play baseball with Shoeless Joe.
(b) That he was the first designated hitter inducted into the Hall of Fame.
(c) That he is the oldest living Chicago Cub.
(d) That he was the last person to bat at the Polo Grounds.
3. With what title does Moonlight Graham sign a questionnaire?
(c) Hall of Famer.
(d) Dr. Graham.
4. Why is Shoeless Joe Jackson confused to see Moonlight Graham in the stands?
(a) Shoeless Joe has no idea who Graham is.
(b) Graham is Shoeless Joe's cousin.
(c) Shoeless Joe only knew Graham as an older Doctor.
(d) Graham should be playing in the game.
5. What team did Moonlight Graham play for in the majors?
(a) New York Giants.
(b) San Francisco Giants.
(c) New York Yankees.
(d) Minnesota Twins.
6. How long did Moonlight Graham play in the majors?
(a) Two months.
(b) One inning.
(c) One season.
(d) One week.
7. Why does a banker call Eddie Scissons about Ray's mortgage payments?
(a) Mark was trying to pressure Annie into selling the farm.
(b) Ray had gone bankrupt while on his road trip.
(c) Ray was asking for a loan to build new bleachers for the field.
(d) Ray was asking for a loan for a tractor to mow the baseball field.
8. What is the title of the article about Dr. Graham?
(a) "Magic Of The Moonlight."
(b) "A Ball Player For A Moment, A Doctor Forever."
(c) "His Was A Life Of Greatness."
(d) "A Player On A Field Of Dreams."
9. What position does Archie Graham play when Shoeless Joe asks him to be on the field?
(a) Short stop.
(b) First base.
(c) Left field.
(d) Right field.
10. What card game are Salinger, Scisssons and Graham playing when the players return?
(c) Go Fish.
11. Ray calls Annie from their brief stay at a motel. What does Annie tell Ray?
(a) The Mark is trying to buy the farm.
(b) That there hasn't been a baseball game since he left.
(c) That the corn is crowning.
(d) That Karin lost her first tooth.
12. Where did Moonlight Graham grow up?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) North Carolina.
13. What condition is the field in when Ray returns from his road trip?
(a) The field is gone, it has been replaced by corn.
(b) Perfect shape with freshly mowed grass.
(c) Ragged shape with dandelions and overgrown grass.
(d) Good shape because Annie took care of it while he was gone.
14. When there is no action on the field, how many days does Ray ask Graham, Salinger and Scissons to stay?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
15. What did Doc Graham always buy his wife?
(a) Blue dresses.
(b) Red scarves.
(c) White gloves.
(d) Blue hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ray keep the field a secret from Eddie Scissons for three years?
2. What is the name of the hitch-hiker Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
3. After Ray returns from his road trip with Salinger, why is Richard in town?
4. What is the relationship between Ray, Richard and the catcher for the White Sox?
5. What position player is Ray excited to see finally appear on the field?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)