|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ray, Richard and the catcher for the White Sox?
(a) The catcher is Richard and Ray's cousin.
(b) The catcher is Richard and Ray's brother.
(c) The cather is Richard and Ray's college roommate.
(d) The catcher is Richard and Ray's father.
2. What team did Moonlight Graham play for in the majors?
(a) New York Giants.
(b) New York Yankees.
(c) San Francisco Giants.
(d) Minnesota Twins.
3. After returning from their first expedition in Chisholm, Ray has another dream about Eddie. What figure is in the dream?
(a) A black angel.
(b) A scarlet bird.
(c) A dark horse.
(d) A black butterfly.
4. With what title does Moonlight Graham sign a questionnaire?
(b) Hall of Famer.
(c) Dr. Graham.
5. What happens in Moonlight Graham's first at bat on Ray's field?
(a) He flies out.
(b) He hits a homerun.
(c) He hits a single.
(d) He reaches on an error.
6. What is Moonlight Graham's first name?
7. Why does Ray ask if JD Salinger eats soybeans?
(a) Mark gave a lecture saying that's all Salinger ever eats.
(b) They are Ray's favorite food.
(c) Ray was simply making random conversation.
(d) They were driving by a soy bean field at the time.
8. How does Ray get through the locked door?
(a) He climbs through a window.
(b) He picks the lock by hand.
(c) He breaks the lock by kicking it.
(d) He climbs over the fence.
9. While playing baseball, Eddie was on a team that did what?
(a) Won the world series.
(b) Turned a triple play.
(c) Pitched back to back perfect games.
(d) Hit five homeruns in a row.
10. What is the title of the article about Dr. Graham?
(a) "A Ball Player For A Moment, A Doctor Forever."
(b) "Magic Of The Moonlight."
(c) "His Was A Life Of Greatness."
(d) "A Player On A Field Of Dreams."
11. How many times did Moonlight Graham come to bat in the majors?
(a) Ten times.
(c) Twenty times.
12. While staying in a hotel in Minneapolis, what does JD Salinger suggest the three of them do?
(a) Break into a ballpark.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Go out for a walk.
(d) Go to a bar to watch a baseball game on TV.
13. Ray leaves JD Salinger alone in the hotel room and goes for a walk. How does Ray come across Doc Graham?
(a) Doc Graham somehow time travelled.
(b) He never leaves the hotel room, it's all a dream.
(c) Ray somehow time travelled.
(d) Moonlight Graham appears like a ghost from Ray's field.
14. In The Oldest Living Chicago Cub, why is Mark so desperate to buy Ray's farm?
(a) Ray's farm is the only section that hasn't sold to Ray and his partners.
(b) Mark wants to help Annie's family.
(c) Ray's farm has the best view of the river.
(d) Mark wants to punish Ray for embarressing him.
15. Where does Moonlight Graham go after the game he plays in for the White Sox on Ray's field is over?
(a) Back into Ray's farmhouse.
(b) Through the gate in center field.
(c) Into town to stay the night.
(d) He sleeps on the field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doc Graham asks Ray if he is what kind of inanimate object?
2. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
3. What does Ray do for a second time as he and JD start their road trip?
4. What is Eddie Scissons' claim to fame?
5. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)