|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ray expect to find in the Iowa City library after Eddie's funeral?
(a) Eddie's details in the Baseball Encyclopedia.
(b) Eddie's will giving Ray full ownership of the farm.
(c) Shoeless Joe's baseball card.
(d) A cash deposit box with enough money to pay off the mortgage.
2. What must Eddie have in his coffee?
3. Where do Ray and JD Salinger go first to investigate Moonlight Graham's career?
(a) Ray's home library.
(b) Back to Fenway Park.
(c) A baseball museum in New York City.
(d) The Baseball Hall of Fame.
4. Why is Annie nervous when Ray first comes home from his road trip with Salinger?
(a) Karin has run away.
(b) Mark has just foreclosed on the house that day.
(c) Annie thinks Ray had an affair while on his trip.
(d) Ray now has a scar and looks like his twin brother.
5. Ray calls Annie from their brief stay at a motel. What does Annie tell Ray?
(a) That there hasn't been a baseball game since he left.
(b) That Karin lost her first tooth.
(c) The Mark is trying to buy the farm.
(d) That the corn is crowning.
6. Where is Eddie Scissons buried?
(a) In left field.
(b) In the cemetery in Iowa City.
(c) Behind the dugouts.
(d) He is cremated.
7. Where does Moonlight Graham go after the game he plays in for the White Sox on Ray's field is over?
(a) He sleeps on the field.
(b) Back into Ray's farmhouse.
(c) Through the gate in center field.
(d) Into town to stay the night.
8. What was Doc Graham's wife's name?
9. What object does Ray treat with reverence as he touches it?
(a) An original manuscript of Salinger's.
(b) A turnstile from the Polo Grounds.
(c) Black Betty; Shoeless Joe's bat.
(d) A baseball hit by Willie Mays.
10. In "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", while Ray, Salinger and Graham are making breakfast, who calls them on the phone?
(b) Salinger's son.
11. Where do Ray and JD Salinger plan to stop on their way from Chisholm to Iowa?
(a) Nowhere, Annie asked them to come straight home.
(b) A Twins game.
(c) An unnamed minor leauge ball park.
(d) A White Sox Game.
12. How does Ray determine what year it is as he is talking with Doc Graham?
(a) He scrapes mud of a license plate to check the year's registration tag.
(b) He guesses the year by looking at the movie theater's marquee.
(c) He asks him about last year's World Series.
(d) He sees a political sign in a store window.
13. What happens in Moonlight Graham's first at bat on Ray's field?
(a) He flies out.
(b) He reaches on an error.
(c) He hits a single.
(d) He hits a homerun.
14. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
(a) If he lived in a different town.
(b) If he never got to play at all in the majors.
(c) If he never met his wife.
(d) If he had only been a doctor for five minutes.
15. What business office do Ray and JD Salinger first visit to investigate Moonlight Graham?
(a) The TV station.
(b) The mining museum.
(c) A tavern.
(d) The local newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning from their first expedition in Chisholm, Ray has another dream about Eddie. What figure is in the dream?
2. How does Ray know Eddie?
3. How many times did Moonlight Graham come to bat in the majors?
4. During the argument in "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub" between Mark and Ray, what is revealed about Eddie Scissons?
5. What team did Moonlight Graham play for in the majors?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)