|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ray, Richard and the catcher for the White Sox?
(a) The catcher is Richard and Ray's brother.
(b) The cather is Richard and Ray's college roommate.
(c) The catcher is Richard and Ray's father.
(d) The catcher is Richard and Ray's cousin.
2. How long did Moonlight Graham play in the majors?
(a) Two months.
(b) One inning.
(c) One season.
(d) One week.
3. What does Ray expect to find in the Iowa City library after Eddie's funeral?
(a) Eddie's will giving Ray full ownership of the farm.
(b) Eddie's details in the Baseball Encyclopedia.
(c) Shoeless Joe's baseball card.
(d) A cash deposit box with enough money to pay off the mortgage.
4. Why does a banker call Eddie Scissons about Ray's mortgage payments?
(a) Mark was trying to pressure Annie into selling the farm.
(b) Ray had gone bankrupt while on his road trip.
(c) Ray was asking for a loan to build new bleachers for the field.
(d) Ray was asking for a loan for a tractor to mow the baseball field.
5. After interviewing people of the town, what does Ray compare memories of Doc Graham to?
(a) Family pictures kept in a box.
(b) A package of baseball cards held together by a rubber band.
(c) Colored bottles that Ray and Annie dug up from their yard.
(d) Ears of corn growing on a stalk.
6. At the end of "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", Salinger gives a speech. Complete the following sentence: "I don't have to tell you that the one constant through all the years has been _____________."
7. How does Ray know Eddie?
(a) Eddie knew Ray's father.
(b) Eddie is Annie's Godfather.
(c) Ray bought Eddie's farm.
(d) Eddie is Ray's neighbor.
8. What does Ray pull from his wallet to give to JD Salinger?
(a) Moonlight Graham's baseball card.
(b) A fan letter written to Salinger.
(c) All of the words the voice has spoken to him written down on paper.
(d) A picture of Ray's baseball field.
9. Having arrived in Moonlight Graham's town, what medical condition does Ray believe he and Salinger had contracted?
(a) Post-fantasy depression.
(c) Restless leg syndrome.
10. How did Ray keep the field a secret from Eddie Scissons for three years?
(a) Ray was never invited over since he built the field.
(b) By parking on the other side of the farmhouse.
(c) Eddie did know about the field.
(d) Annie would distract Eddie by flirting with him.
11. With what title does Moonlight Graham sign a questionnaire?
(a) Dr. Graham.
(c) Hall of Famer.
12. Who saves Karin as she is choking on a hot dog bun?
(a) Moonlight Graham.
(d) Shoeless Joe.
13. When there is no action on the field, how many days does Ray ask Graham, Salinger and Scissons to stay?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) One week.
14. What position did Moonlight Graham play in the major league?
(a) Right Field.
(b) First Base.
(d) Left Field.
15. While playing baseball, Eddie was on a team that did what?
(a) Turned a triple play.
(b) Won the world series.
(c) Hit five homeruns in a row.
(d) Pitched back to back perfect games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition is the field in when Ray returns from his road trip?
2. How many times did Moonlight Graham come to bat in the majors?
3. What is the name of the hitch-hiker Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
4. After seeing the baseball game for the first time, what does Salinger offer Ray?
5. What team did Moonlight Graham play for in the majors?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)