|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eddie Scissons buried?
(a) In the cemetery in Iowa City.
(b) Behind the dugouts.
(c) In left field.
(d) He is cremated.
2. What kind of car does Ray drive?
(a) A Datsun.
(b) A Chevrolet.
(c) A Dodge.
(d) A Toyota.
3. Why does a banker call Eddie Scissons about Ray's mortgage payments?
(a) Mark was trying to pressure Annie into selling the farm.
(b) Ray had gone bankrupt while on his road trip.
(c) Ray was asking for a loan for a tractor to mow the baseball field.
(d) Ray was asking for a loan to build new bleachers for the field.
4. Why does Ray ask if JD Salinger eats soybeans?
(a) They are Ray's favorite food.
(b) They were driving by a soy bean field at the time.
(c) Mark gave a lecture saying that's all Salinger ever eats.
(d) Ray was simply making random conversation.
5. While playing baseball, Eddie was on a team that did what?
(a) Won the world series.
(b) Turned a triple play.
(c) Pitched back to back perfect games.
(d) Hit five homeruns in a row.
6. What card game are Salinger, Scisssons and Graham playing when the players return?
(b) Go Fish.
7. As they reach Iowa, what does Ray tell JD Salinger they need to pick up?
(b) A relief pitcher.
(c) Grass seed.
(d) Baseball cleats.
8. Who saves Karin as she is choking on a hot dog bun?
(b) Shoeless Joe.
(c) Moonlight Graham.
9. How did Ray keep the field a secret from Eddie Scissons for three years?
(a) Annie would distract Eddie by flirting with him.
(b) Eddie did know about the field.
(c) Ray was never invited over since he built the field.
(d) By parking on the other side of the farmhouse.
10. What position did Moonlight Graham play in the major league?
(a) First Base.
(c) Left Field.
(d) Right Field.
11. What does Ray pull from his wallet to give to JD Salinger?
(a) Moonlight Graham's baseball card.
(b) A picture of Ray's baseball field.
(c) All of the words the voice has spoken to him written down on paper.
(d) A fan letter written to Salinger.
12. Doc Graham asks Ray if he is what kind of inanimate object?
(a) A compass.
(b) A magnet.
(c) A baseball.
(d) A glove.
13. Where do Ray and JD Salinger go first to investigate Moonlight Graham's career?
(a) A baseball museum in New York City.
(b) Back to Fenway Park.
(c) The Baseball Hall of Fame.
(d) Ray's home library.
14. What was Doc Graham's wife's name?
15. JD Salinger begins to tell strangers his identity. What is their general reaction?
(a) JD keeps his identity secret.
(b) They immediately tell their friends to come quickly to meet a living legend.
(c) They either don't know who he is or confuse him for other writers.
(d) They accuse him of lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
2. What team did Moonlight Graham play for in the majors?
3. What is the name of the hitch-hiker Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
4. How does Annie convince her mother to reveal Mark's plans?
5. Who does Ray dream about while staying in a motel driving to Chisholm?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)