|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Moonlight Graham play in the majors?
2. What is Moonlight Graham's first name?
3. Why does a banker call Eddie Scissons about Ray's mortgage payments?
(a) Ray was asking for a loan to build new bleachers for the field.
(b) Mark was trying to pressure Annie into selling the farm.
(c) Ray was asking for a loan for a tractor to mow the baseball field.
(d) Ray had gone bankrupt while on his road trip.
4. What is Eddie Scissons wearing when he dies?
(a) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(b) His Chicago Cubs uniform.
(c) A business suit.
(d) His army unifrom.
5. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
(a) Nothing, he only heard "Go the distance."
(b) "Start writing again."
(c) "Fulfill the dream."
(d) "Bottle the moonlight."
6. Why is Annie nervous when Ray first comes home from his road trip with Salinger?
(a) Annie thinks Ray had an affair while on his trip.
(b) Karin has run away.
(c) Ray now has a scar and looks like his twin brother.
(d) Mark has just foreclosed on the house that day.
7. What kind of car does Ray drive?
(a) A Chevrolet.
(b) A Datsun.
(c) A Dodge.
(d) A Toyota.
8. What profession is the hitch hiker who Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) A baseball player.
(c) A farmhand.
(d) A writer.
9. JD Salinger begins to tell strangers his identity. What is their general reaction?
(a) They immediately tell their friends to come quickly to meet a living legend.
(b) They either don't know who he is or confuse him for other writers.
(c) JD keeps his identity secret.
(d) They accuse him of lying.
10. What is Ray and Richard's relationship?
(b) Twin brothers.
11. Where does Moonlight Graham go after the game he plays in for the White Sox on Ray's field is over?
(a) Through the gate in center field.
(b) Back into Ray's farmhouse.
(c) He sleeps on the field.
(d) Into town to stay the night.
12. In The Oldest Living Chicago Cub, why is Mark so desperate to buy Ray's farm?
(a) Mark wants to punish Ray for embarressing him.
(b) Mark wants to help Annie's family.
(c) Ray's farm has the best view of the river.
(d) Ray's farm is the only section that hasn't sold to Ray and his partners.
13. What position does Archie Graham play when Shoeless Joe asks him to be on the field?
(a) Left field.
(b) Right field.
(c) Short stop.
(d) First base.
14. How does Ray get through the locked door?
(a) He climbs over the fence.
(b) He breaks the lock by kicking it.
(c) He picks the lock by hand.
(d) He climbs through a window.
15. What was Doc Graham's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Having arrived in Moonlight Graham's town, what medical condition does Ray believe he and Salinger had contracted?
2. While playing baseball, Eddie was on a team that did what?
3. Doc Graham asks Ray if he is what kind of inanimate object?
4. When there is no action on the field, how many days does Ray ask Graham, Salinger and Scissons to stay?
5. Where do Ray and JD Salinger plan to stop on their way from Chisholm to Iowa?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)