|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Moonlight Graham get that nickname?
(a) He was born during a blue moon.
(b) There was a lunar eclipse the first time he came to bat in the minors.
(c) No one knows, he'd just always been called that.
(d) He walked outside at night with his uniform on.
2. Why is Annie nervous when Ray first comes home from his road trip with Salinger?
(a) Karin has run away.
(b) Annie thinks Ray had an affair while on his trip.
(c) Mark has just foreclosed on the house that day.
(d) Ray now has a scar and looks like his twin brother.
3. What condition is the field in when Ray returns from his road trip?
(a) Good shape because Annie took care of it while he was gone.
(b) Ragged shape with dandelions and overgrown grass.
(c) Perfect shape with freshly mowed grass.
(d) The field is gone, it has been replaced by corn.
4. What happens in Moonlight Graham's first at bat on Ray's field?
(a) He hits a homerun.
(b) He flies out.
(c) He hits a single.
(d) He reaches on an error.
5. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
(a) "Bottle the moonlight."
(b) "Fulfill the dream."
(c) Nothing, he only heard "Go the distance."
(d) "Start writing again."
6. What profession is the hitch hiker who Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
(a) A baseball player.
(b) A farmhand.
(c) A writer.
(d) A mechanic.
7. Where do Ray and JD Salinger plan to stop on their way from Chisholm to Iowa?
(a) An unnamed minor leauge ball park.
(b) A Twins game.
(c) Nowhere, Annie asked them to come straight home.
(d) A White Sox Game.
8. After Ray returns from his road trip with Salinger, why is Richard in town?
(a) Richard works for a carnival that has stopped in town.
(b) Ray's mother died and Richard is giving him the news.
(c) Annie invited Richard to visit.
(d) Richard heard the voice telling him to visit.
9. In a flashback, Ray remembers the first time he met Eddie Scissons. Where did he meet him?
(a) St. Pauls.
(d) Iowa City.
10. As they reach Iowa, what does Ray tell JD Salinger they need to pick up?
(a) Grass seed.
(b) A relief pitcher.
(c) Baseball cleats.
11. What kind of car does Ray drive?
(a) A Datsun.
(b) A Toyota.
(c) A Chevrolet.
(d) A Dodge.
12. Why does Ray ask if JD Salinger eats soybeans?
(a) Ray was simply making random conversation.
(b) They are Ray's favorite food.
(c) Mark gave a lecture saying that's all Salinger ever eats.
(d) They were driving by a soy bean field at the time.
13. Ray leaves JD Salinger alone in the hotel room and goes for a walk. How does Ray come across Doc Graham?
(a) He never leaves the hotel room, it's all a dream.
(b) Moonlight Graham appears like a ghost from Ray's field.
(c) Doc Graham somehow time travelled.
(d) Ray somehow time travelled.
14. While playing baseball, Eddie was on a team that did what?
(a) Hit five homeruns in a row.
(b) Turned a triple play.
(c) Won the world series.
(d) Pitched back to back perfect games.
15. What does Ray do for a second time as he and JD start their road trip?
(a) Bangs his head on a pole at a gas station.
(b) Talks about the difference between different species of corn.
(c) Tells JD about the first time Ray read "The Catcher in the Rye."
(d) Tell JD the story of his father, Shoeless Joe, and his baseball field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Moonlight Graham play in the major league?
2. In what year did Moonlight Graham play in the majors?
3. How does Ray know Eddie?
4. Having found out about the life of Dr. Graham, why can't JD Salinger return home to New Hampshire?
5. Where does Moonlight Graham go after the game he plays in for the White Sox on Ray's field is over?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)