|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ray calls Annie from their brief stay at a motel. What does Annie tell Ray?
(a) That there hasn't been a baseball game since he left.
(b) The Mark is trying to buy the farm.
(c) That the corn is crowning.
(d) That Karin lost her first tooth.
2. What card game are Salinger, Scisssons and Graham playing when the players return?
(b) Go Fish.
3. When there is no action on the field, how many days does Ray ask Graham, Salinger and Scissons to stay?
(a) 9 days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) 10 days.
4. Who saves Karin as she is choking on a hot dog bun?
(b) Shoeless Joe.
(c) Moonlight Graham.
5. JD Salinger begins to tell strangers his identity. What is their general reaction?
(a) They either don't know who he is or confuse him for other writers.
(b) JD keeps his identity secret.
(c) They accuse him of lying.
(d) They immediately tell their friends to come quickly to meet a living legend.
6. Having arrived in Moonlight Graham's town, what medical condition does Ray believe he and Salinger had contracted?
(b) Restless leg syndrome.
(d) Post-fantasy depression.
7. While playing baseball, Eddie was on a team that did what?
(a) Pitched back to back perfect games.
(b) Won the world series.
(c) Turned a triple play.
(d) Hit five homeruns in a row.
8. In The Oldest Living Chicago Cub, why is Mark so desperate to buy Ray's farm?
(a) Ray's farm has the best view of the river.
(b) Mark wants to help Annie's family.
(c) Ray's farm is the only section that hasn't sold to Ray and his partners.
(d) Mark wants to punish Ray for embarressing him.
9. What team did Moonlight Graham play for in the majors?
(a) New York Yankees.
(b) San Francisco Giants.
(c) Minnesota Twins.
(d) New York Giants.
10. During the argument in "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub" between Mark and Ray, what is revealed about Eddie Scissons?
(a) Eddie is scizophrinic.
(b) Scissons never played for the Chicago Cubs.
(c) The real Eddie Scissons died fifteen years ago.
(d) Eddie Scissons never owned the farm.
11. After seeing the baseball game for the first time, what does Salinger offer Ray?
(a) To write a novel about Ray's field.
(b) To help bring the mortgage up to date.
(c) To help finish buidling the outfield wall.
(d) To bring Richard back to the farm.
12. Doc Graham asks Ray if he is what kind of inanimate object?
(a) A glove.
(b) A compass.
(c) A magnet.
(d) A baseball.
13. What must Eddie have in his coffee?
14. In what year did Moonlight Graham play in the majors?
15. What question is on the bottom of the form the Baseball Hall of Fame sends to every player who has ever played in the Major Leagues?
(a) If you had to do it all over again, would you play professional baseball?
(b) If you could choose any team, which team would you have liked to have played for?
(c) What was your favorite part about playing in the majors?
(d) What will you tell your kids about your time playing baseball?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Moonlight Graham's first name?
2. Who does the announcer say is the White Sox catcher?
3. Having found out about the life of Dr. Graham, why can't JD Salinger return home to New Hampshire?
4. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
5. How long did Moonlight Graham play in the majors?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)