|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ray calls Annie from their brief stay at a motel. What does Annie tell Ray?
(a) The Mark is trying to buy the farm.
(b) That the corn is crowning.
(c) That Karin lost her first tooth.
(d) That there hasn't been a baseball game since he left.
2. How does Annie convince her mother to reveal Mark's plans?
(a) By saying women should stick together.
(b) By telling her if she lies, she'll go to Hell.
(c) By bribing her.
(d) By having Karin ask her.
3. What question is on the bottom of the form the Baseball Hall of Fame sends to every player who has ever played in the Major Leagues?
(a) What will you tell your kids about your time playing baseball?
(b) If you could choose any team, which team would you have liked to have played for?
(c) If you had to do it all over again, would you play professional baseball?
(d) What was your favorite part about playing in the majors?
4. While playing baseball, Eddie was on a team that did what?
(a) Pitched back to back perfect games.
(b) Hit five homeruns in a row.
(c) Won the world series.
(d) Turned a triple play.
5. In "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", what did Eddie sell to Mark?
(a) Shoeless Joe's cleats.
(b) An autographed baseball.
(c) Ray's mortgage.
(d) A tractor.
6. In The Oldest Living Chicago Cub, why is Mark so desperate to buy Ray's farm?
(a) Mark wants to help Annie's family.
(b) Mark wants to punish Ray for embarressing him.
(c) Ray's farm has the best view of the river.
(d) Ray's farm is the only section that hasn't sold to Ray and his partners.
7. What signals to Salinger, Scissons, and Ray that the baseball players have returned?
(a) There is a full moon.
(b) They hear a crack of the bat.
(c) The baseball lights are on.
(d) They hear the voice again.
8. After interviewing people of the town, what does Ray compare memories of Doc Graham to?
(a) Family pictures kept in a box.
(b) Ears of corn growing on a stalk.
(c) A package of baseball cards held together by a rubber band.
(d) Colored bottles that Ray and Annie dug up from their yard.
9. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
(a) If he never got to play at all in the majors.
(b) If he lived in a different town.
(c) If he had only been a doctor for five minutes.
(d) If he never met his wife.
10. While staying in a hotel in Minneapolis, what does JD Salinger suggest the three of them do?
(a) Go to a bar to watch a baseball game on TV.
(b) Go out for a walk.
(c) Break into a ballpark.
(d) Go swimming.
11. Who saves Karin as she is choking on a hot dog bun?
(a) Moonlight Graham.
(c) Shoeless Joe.
12. Why is Annie nervous when Ray first comes home from his road trip with Salinger?
(a) Annie thinks Ray had an affair while on his trip.
(b) Karin has run away.
(c) Ray now has a scar and looks like his twin brother.
(d) Mark has just foreclosed on the house that day.
13. Who does the announcer say is the White Sox catcher?
(a) Babe Ruth.
(b) Johnny Bench.
(c) Yogi Berra.
(d) Johnny Kinsella.
14. What did Doc Graham always buy his wife?
(a) Red scarves.
(b) Blue dresses.
(c) White gloves.
(d) Blue hats.
15. What is the name of the hitch-hiker Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
(a) Ray Salinger.
(b) Archie Graham.
(c) Jerry Kinsella.
(d) Joseph Graham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the article about Dr. Graham?
2. What is Ray and Richard's relationship?
3. What happens in Moonlight Graham's first at bat on Ray's field?
4. Having found out about the life of Dr. Graham, why can't JD Salinger return home to New Hampshire?
5. What was Doc Graham's wife's name?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)