|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ray keep the field a secret from Eddie Scissons for three years?
(a) By parking on the other side of the farmhouse.
(b) Annie would distract Eddie by flirting with him.
(c) Eddie did know about the field.
(d) Ray was never invited over since he built the field.
2. After seeing the baseball game for the first time, what does Salinger offer Ray?
(a) To write a novel about Ray's field.
(b) To help finish buidling the outfield wall.
(c) To help bring the mortgage up to date.
(d) To bring Richard back to the farm.
3. What was Doc Graham's wife's name?
4. How long did Moonlight Graham play in the majors?
(a) One season.
(b) One week.
(c) Two months.
(d) One inning.
5. Why does a banker call Eddie Scissons about Ray's mortgage payments?
(a) Ray had gone bankrupt while on his road trip.
(b) Ray was asking for a loan for a tractor to mow the baseball field.
(c) Mark was trying to pressure Annie into selling the farm.
(d) Ray was asking for a loan to build new bleachers for the field.
6. Ray calls Annie from their brief stay at a motel. What does Annie tell Ray?
(a) That the corn is crowning.
(b) That Karin lost her first tooth.
(c) That there hasn't been a baseball game since he left.
(d) The Mark is trying to buy the farm.
7. What condition is the field in when Ray returns from his road trip?
(a) Good shape because Annie took care of it while he was gone.
(b) The field is gone, it has been replaced by corn.
(c) Ragged shape with dandelions and overgrown grass.
(d) Perfect shape with freshly mowed grass.
8. During the argument in "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub" between Mark and Ray, what is revealed about Eddie Scissons?
(a) Eddie is scizophrinic.
(b) Eddie Scissons never owned the farm.
(c) The real Eddie Scissons died fifteen years ago.
(d) Scissons never played for the Chicago Cubs.
9. At the end of "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", Salinger gives a speech. Complete the following sentence: "I don't have to tell you that the one constant through all the years has been _____________."
10. In "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", while Ray, Salinger and Graham are making breakfast, who calls them on the phone?
(b) Salinger's son.
11. What profession is the hitch hiker who Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
(a) A baseball player.
(b) A writer.
(c) A farmhand.
(d) A mechanic.
12. What signals to Salinger, Scissons, and Ray that the baseball players have returned?
(a) There is a full moon.
(b) The baseball lights are on.
(c) They hear a crack of the bat.
(d) They hear the voice again.
13. In "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", what did Eddie sell to Mark?
(a) An autographed baseball.
(b) A tractor.
(c) Ray's mortgage.
(d) Shoeless Joe's cleats.
14. In a flashback, Ray remembers the first time he met Eddie Scissons. Where did he meet him?
(b) St. Pauls.
(c) Iowa City.
15. What does Ray do for a second time as he and JD start their road trip?
(a) Tells JD about the first time Ray read "The Catcher in the Rye."
(b) Tell JD the story of his father, Shoeless Joe, and his baseball field.
(c) Talks about the difference between different species of corn.
(d) Bangs his head on a pole at a gas station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ray and JD Salinger plan to stop on their way from Chisholm to Iowa?
2. Ray leaves JD Salinger alone in the hotel room and goes for a walk. How does Ray come across Doc Graham?
3. What kind of car does Ray drive?
4. After returning from their first expedition in Chisholm, Ray has another dream about Eddie. What figure is in the dream?
5. What is the title of the article about Dr. Graham?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)