|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card game are Salinger, Scisssons and Graham playing when the players return?
(b) Go Fish.
2. Where do Ray and JD Salinger go first to investigate Moonlight Graham's career?
(a) Ray's home library.
(b) The Baseball Hall of Fame.
(c) A baseball museum in New York City.
(d) Back to Fenway Park.
3. Why is Shoeless Joe Jackson confused to see Moonlight Graham in the stands?
(a) Shoeless Joe only knew Graham as an older Doctor.
(b) Graham should be playing in the game.
(c) Graham is Shoeless Joe's cousin.
(d) Shoeless Joe has no idea who Graham is.
4. How many times did Moonlight Graham come to bat in the majors?
(c) Twenty times.
(d) Ten times.
5. How does Ray get through the locked door?
(a) He climbs through a window.
(b) He breaks the lock by kicking it.
(c) He climbs over the fence.
(d) He picks the lock by hand.
6. Where did Moonlight Graham grow up?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) North Carolina.
7. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
(a) "Bottle the moonlight."
(b) Nothing, he only heard "Go the distance."
(c) "Fulfill the dream."
(d) "Start writing again."
8. What was Doc Graham's wife's name?
9. What question is on the bottom of the form the Baseball Hall of Fame sends to every player who has ever played in the Major Leagues?
(a) If you could choose any team, which team would you have liked to have played for?
(b) If you had to do it all over again, would you play professional baseball?
(c) What will you tell your kids about your time playing baseball?
(d) What was your favorite part about playing in the majors?
10. What is Eddie Scissons' claim to fame?
(a) That he used to play baseball with Shoeless Joe.
(b) That he was the last person to bat at the Polo Grounds.
(c) That he was the first designated hitter inducted into the Hall of Fame.
(d) That he is the oldest living Chicago Cub.
11. Doc Graham asks Ray if he is what kind of inanimate object?
(a) A compass.
(b) A glove.
(c) A magnet.
(d) A baseball.
12. How does Ray know Eddie?
(a) Eddie is Ray's neighbor.
(b) Eddie knew Ray's father.
(c) Eddie is Annie's Godfather.
(d) Ray bought Eddie's farm.
13. Where is Eddie Scissons buried?
(a) In left field.
(b) In the cemetery in Iowa City.
(c) Behind the dugouts.
(d) He is cremated.
14. During the argument in "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub" between Mark and Ray, what is revealed about Eddie Scissons?
(a) Eddie Scissons never owned the farm.
(b) The real Eddie Scissons died fifteen years ago.
(c) Scissons never played for the Chicago Cubs.
(d) Eddie is scizophrinic.
15. In what year did Moonlight Graham play in the majors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Moonlight Graham's first at bat on Ray's field?
2. Why does Ray ask if JD Salinger eats soybeans?
3. What must Eddie have in his coffee?
4. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
5. What signals to Salinger, Scissons, and Ray that the baseball players have returned?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)