|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hitch-hiker Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
(a) Ray Salinger.
(b) Joseph Graham.
(c) Archie Graham.
(d) Jerry Kinsella.
2. What does Ray do for a second time as he and JD start their road trip?
(a) Bangs his head on a pole at a gas station.
(b) Tells JD about the first time Ray read "The Catcher in the Rye."
(c) Tell JD the story of his father, Shoeless Joe, and his baseball field.
(d) Talks about the difference between different species of corn.
3. What profession is the hitch hiker who Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
(a) A writer.
(b) A baseball player.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A farmhand.
4. Why does a banker call Eddie Scissons about Ray's mortgage payments?
(a) Mark was trying to pressure Annie into selling the farm.
(b) Ray was asking for a loan for a tractor to mow the baseball field.
(c) Ray had gone bankrupt while on his road trip.
(d) Ray was asking for a loan to build new bleachers for the field.
5. Ray calls Annie from their brief stay at a motel. What does Annie tell Ray?
(a) The Mark is trying to buy the farm.
(b) That Karin lost her first tooth.
(c) That there hasn't been a baseball game since he left.
(d) That the corn is crowning.
6. What signals to Salinger, Scissons, and Ray that the baseball players have returned?
(a) They hear a crack of the bat.
(b) The baseball lights are on.
(c) They hear the voice again.
(d) There is a full moon.
7. What business office do Ray and JD Salinger first visit to investigate Moonlight Graham?
(a) The mining museum.
(b) The TV station.
(c) The local newspaper.
(d) A tavern.
8. Why is Shoeless Joe Jackson confused to see Moonlight Graham in the stands?
(a) Graham is Shoeless Joe's cousin.
(b) Graham should be playing in the game.
(c) Shoeless Joe only knew Graham as an older Doctor.
(d) Shoeless Joe has no idea who Graham is.
9. Who does Ray visit at the Carnival?
10. How does Ray get through the locked door?
(a) He climbs over the fence.
(b) He climbs through a window.
(c) He breaks the lock by kicking it.
(d) He picks the lock by hand.
11. What object does Ray treat with reverence as he touches it?
(a) A turnstile from the Polo Grounds.
(b) An original manuscript of Salinger's.
(c) Black Betty; Shoeless Joe's bat.
(d) A baseball hit by Willie Mays.
12. At the end of "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", Salinger gives a speech. Complete the following sentence: "I don't have to tell you that the one constant through all the years has been _____________."
13. How long did Moonlight Graham play in the majors?
(a) One season.
(b) Two months.
(c) One week.
(d) One inning.
14. What is Moonlight Graham's first name?
15. Who saves Karin as she is choking on a hot dog bun?
(a) Moonlight Graham.
(b) Shoeless Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the article about Dr. Graham?
2. After interviewing people of the town, what does Ray compare memories of Doc Graham to?
3. In "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", while Ray, Salinger and Graham are making breakfast, who calls them on the phone?
4. Where is Eddie Scissons buried?
5. Where do Ray and JD Salinger go first to investigate Moonlight Graham's career?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)