|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
(a) If he never met his wife.
(b) If he lived in a different town.
(c) If he never got to play at all in the majors.
(d) If he had only been a doctor for five minutes.
2. What signals to Salinger, Scissons, and Ray that the baseball players have returned?
(a) They hear the voice again.
(b) The baseball lights are on.
(c) There is a full moon.
(d) They hear a crack of the bat.
3. What is the relationship between Ray, Richard and the catcher for the White Sox?
(a) The catcher is Richard and Ray's father.
(b) The cather is Richard and Ray's college roommate.
(c) The catcher is Richard and Ray's cousin.
(d) The catcher is Richard and Ray's brother.
4. After Ray returns from his road trip with Salinger, why is Richard in town?
(a) Richard works for a carnival that has stopped in town.
(b) Ray's mother died and Richard is giving him the news.
(c) Richard heard the voice telling him to visit.
(d) Annie invited Richard to visit.
5. How does Ray know Eddie?
(a) Eddie is Ray's neighbor.
(b) Ray bought Eddie's farm.
(c) Eddie knew Ray's father.
(d) Eddie is Annie's Godfather.
6. With what title does Moonlight Graham sign a questionnaire?
(a) Dr. Graham.
(c) Hall of Famer.
7. How many times did Moonlight Graham come to bat in the majors?
(b) Twenty times.
(d) Ten times.
8. What question is on the bottom of the form the Baseball Hall of Fame sends to every player who has ever played in the Major Leagues?
(a) If you could choose any team, which team would you have liked to have played for?
(b) What will you tell your kids about your time playing baseball?
(c) What was your favorite part about playing in the majors?
(d) If you had to do it all over again, would you play professional baseball?
9. At the end of "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", Salinger gives a speech. Complete the following sentence: "I don't have to tell you that the one constant through all the years has been _____________."
10. While staying in a hotel in Minneapolis, what does JD Salinger suggest the three of them do?
(a) Go to a bar to watch a baseball game on TV.
(b) Go out for a walk.
(c) Break into a ballpark.
(d) Go swimming.
11. JD Salinger begins to tell strangers his identity. What is their general reaction?
(a) They accuse him of lying.
(b) They immediately tell their friends to come quickly to meet a living legend.
(c) JD keeps his identity secret.
(d) They either don't know who he is or confuse him for other writers.
12. What card game are Salinger, Scisssons and Graham playing when the players return?
(b) Go Fish.
13. Where does Moonlight Graham go after the game he plays in for the White Sox on Ray's field is over?
(a) He sleeps on the field.
(b) Through the gate in center field.
(c) Back into Ray's farmhouse.
(d) Into town to stay the night.
14. As they reach Iowa, what does Ray tell JD Salinger they need to pick up?
(a) Grass seed.
(b) Baseball cleats.
(c) A relief pitcher.
15. What happens in Moonlight Graham's first at bat on Ray's field?
(a) He flies out.
(b) He reaches on an error.
(c) He hits a single.
(d) He hits a homerun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ray calls Annie from their brief stay at a motel. What does Annie tell Ray?
2. What position did Moonlight Graham play in the major league?
3. What position player is Ray excited to see finally appear on the field?
4. When there is no action on the field, how many days does Ray ask Graham, Salinger and Scissons to stay?
5. In "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", while Ray, Salinger and Graham are making breakfast, who calls them on the phone?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)