|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eddie Scissons buried?
(a) Behind the dugouts.
(b) He is cremated.
(c) In left field.
(d) In the cemetery in Iowa City.
2. As they reach Iowa, what does Ray tell JD Salinger they need to pick up?
(a) Grass seed.
(c) A relief pitcher.
(d) Baseball cleats.
3. After returning from their first expedition in Chisholm, Ray has another dream about Eddie. What figure is in the dream?
(a) A scarlet bird.
(b) A dark horse.
(c) A black angel.
(d) A black butterfly.
4. What signals to Salinger, Scissons, and Ray that the baseball players have returned?
(a) There is a full moon.
(b) The baseball lights are on.
(c) They hear the voice again.
(d) They hear a crack of the bat.
5. Doc Graham asks Ray if he is what kind of inanimate object?
(a) A compass.
(b) A magnet.
(c) A baseball.
(d) A glove.
6. What did Doc Graham always buy his wife?
(a) Blue dresses.
(b) White gloves.
(c) Red scarves.
(d) Blue hats.
7. How many times did Moonlight Graham come to bat in the majors?
(a) Ten times.
(c) Twenty times.
8. After seeing the baseball game for the first time, what does Salinger offer Ray?
(a) To help finish buidling the outfield wall.
(b) To help bring the mortgage up to date.
(c) To write a novel about Ray's field.
(d) To bring Richard back to the farm.
9. What happens in Moonlight Graham's first at bat on Ray's field?
(a) He flies out.
(b) He hits a homerun.
(c) He reaches on an error.
(d) He hits a single.
10. Who does Ray dream about while staying in a motel driving to Chisholm?
(a) Moonlight Graham.
(b) JD Salinger.
(c) Shoeless Joe.
(d) Eddie Scissons.
11. Why is Annie nervous when Ray first comes home from his road trip with Salinger?
(a) Karin has run away.
(b) Ray now has a scar and looks like his twin brother.
(c) Annie thinks Ray had an affair while on his trip.
(d) Mark has just foreclosed on the house that day.
12. What is the name of the hitch-hiker Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
(a) Jerry Kinsella.
(b) Ray Salinger.
(c) Joseph Graham.
(d) Archie Graham.
13. What is Eddie Scissons' claim to fame?
(a) That he was the last person to bat at the Polo Grounds.
(b) That he was the first designated hitter inducted into the Hall of Fame.
(c) That he is the oldest living Chicago Cub.
(d) That he used to play baseball with Shoeless Joe.
14. What does Ray do for a second time as he and JD start their road trip?
(a) Talks about the difference between different species of corn.
(b) Bangs his head on a pole at a gas station.
(c) Tell JD the story of his father, Shoeless Joe, and his baseball field.
(d) Tells JD about the first time Ray read "The Catcher in the Rye."
15. Where do Ray and JD Salinger go first to investigate Moonlight Graham's career?
(a) Ray's home library.
(b) The Baseball Hall of Fame.
(c) A baseball museum in New York City.
(d) Back to Fenway Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. When there is no action on the field, how many days does Ray ask Graham, Salinger and Scissons to stay?
2. JD Salinger begins to tell strangers his identity. What is their general reaction?
3. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
4. What is the relationship between Ray, Richard and the catcher for the White Sox?
5. Having arrived in Moonlight Graham's town, what medical condition does Ray believe he and Salinger had contracted?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)