|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eddie Scissons buried?
(a) In the cemetery in Iowa City.
(b) In left field.
(c) He is cremated.
(d) Behind the dugouts.
2. Who does Ray dream about while staying in a motel driving to Chisholm?
(a) JD Salinger.
(b) Shoeless Joe.
(c) Eddie Scissons.
(d) Moonlight Graham.
3. Having found out about the life of Dr. Graham, why can't JD Salinger return home to New Hampshire?
(a) He wants to move from New Hampshire to Iowa.
(b) He heard another message from the voice.
(c) Ray has kidnapped him and won't let him leave.
(d) He wants to see Ray's field for himself.
4. How does Ray get through the locked door?
(a) He climbs through a window.
(b) He breaks the lock by kicking it.
(c) He climbs over the fence.
(d) He picks the lock by hand.
5. What does Ray expect to find in the Iowa City library after Eddie's funeral?
(a) Shoeless Joe's baseball card.
(b) Eddie's details in the Baseball Encyclopedia.
(c) Eddie's will giving Ray full ownership of the farm.
(d) A cash deposit box with enough money to pay off the mortgage.
6. Why does a banker call Eddie Scissons about Ray's mortgage payments?
(a) Ray had gone bankrupt while on his road trip.
(b) Ray was asking for a loan to build new bleachers for the field.
(c) Mark was trying to pressure Annie into selling the farm.
(d) Ray was asking for a loan for a tractor to mow the baseball field.
7. Ray calls Annie from their brief stay at a motel. What does Annie tell Ray?
(a) The Mark is trying to buy the farm.
(b) That there hasn't been a baseball game since he left.
(c) That Karin lost her first tooth.
(d) That the corn is crowning.
8. What question is on the bottom of the form the Baseball Hall of Fame sends to every player who has ever played in the Major Leagues?
(a) If you could choose any team, which team would you have liked to have played for?
(b) If you had to do it all over again, would you play professional baseball?
(c) What will you tell your kids about your time playing baseball?
(d) What was your favorite part about playing in the majors?
9. How long did Moonlight Graham play in the majors?
(a) One week.
(b) One inning.
(c) Two months.
(d) One season.
10. Where did Moonlight Graham grow up?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) North Carolina.
11. With what title does Moonlight Graham sign a questionnaire?
(c) Hall of Famer.
(d) Dr. Graham.
12. What does Ray do for a second time as he and JD start their road trip?
(a) Tells JD about the first time Ray read "The Catcher in the Rye."
(b) Bangs his head on a pole at a gas station.
(c) Talks about the difference between different species of corn.
(d) Tell JD the story of his father, Shoeless Joe, and his baseball field.
13. How does Ray know Eddie?
(a) Eddie is Annie's Godfather.
(b) Eddie knew Ray's father.
(c) Ray bought Eddie's farm.
(d) Eddie is Ray's neighbor.
14. What is the relationship between Ray, Richard and the catcher for the White Sox?
(a) The catcher is Richard and Ray's cousin.
(b) The catcher is Richard and Ray's father.
(c) The cather is Richard and Ray's college roommate.
(d) The catcher is Richard and Ray's brother.
15. Where do Ray and JD Salinger go first to investigate Moonlight Graham's career?
(a) Ray's home library.
(b) Back to Fenway Park.
(c) A baseball museum in New York City.
(d) The Baseball Hall of Fame.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a flashback, Ray remembers the first time he met Eddie Scissons. Where did he meet him?
2. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
3. What card game are Salinger, Scisssons and Graham playing when the players return?
4. After returning from their first expedition in Chisholm, Ray has another dream about Eddie. What figure is in the dream?
5. Where does Moonlight Graham go after the game he plays in for the White Sox on Ray's field is over?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)