|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eddie Scissons wearing when he dies?
(a) His army unifrom.
(b) His Chicago Cubs uniform.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A business suit.
2. While staying in a hotel in Minneapolis, what does JD Salinger suggest the three of them do?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Go to a bar to watch a baseball game on TV.
(c) Go out for a walk.
(d) Break into a ballpark.
3. What condition is the field in when Ray returns from his road trip?
(a) The field is gone, it has been replaced by corn.
(b) Ragged shape with dandelions and overgrown grass.
(c) Good shape because Annie took care of it while he was gone.
(d) Perfect shape with freshly mowed grass.
4. What is Ray and Richard's relationship?
(a) Twin brothers.
5. As they reach Iowa, what does Ray tell JD Salinger they need to pick up?
(b) Grass seed.
(c) A relief pitcher.
(d) Baseball cleats.
6. What object does Ray treat with reverence as he touches it?
(a) A turnstile from the Polo Grounds.
(b) An original manuscript of Salinger's.
(c) Black Betty; Shoeless Joe's bat.
(d) A baseball hit by Willie Mays.
7. In The Oldest Living Chicago Cub, why is Mark so desperate to buy Ray's farm?
(a) Mark wants to help Annie's family.
(b) Mark wants to punish Ray for embarressing him.
(c) Ray's farm has the best view of the river.
(d) Ray's farm is the only section that hasn't sold to Ray and his partners.
8. Having arrived in Moonlight Graham's town, what medical condition does Ray believe he and Salinger had contracted?
(b) Post-fantasy depression.
(d) Restless leg syndrome.
9. While playing baseball, Eddie was on a team that did what?
(a) Hit five homeruns in a row.
(b) Won the world series.
(c) Pitched back to back perfect games.
(d) Turned a triple play.
10. How did Ray keep the field a secret from Eddie Scissons for three years?
(a) Ray was never invited over since he built the field.
(b) Eddie did know about the field.
(c) Annie would distract Eddie by flirting with him.
(d) By parking on the other side of the farmhouse.
11. What card game are Salinger, Scisssons and Graham playing when the players return?
(b) Go Fish.
12. In "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", while Ray, Salinger and Graham are making breakfast, who calls them on the phone?
(b) Salinger's son.
13. What is Eddie Scissons' claim to fame?
(a) That he was the last person to bat at the Polo Grounds.
(b) That he used to play baseball with Shoeless Joe.
(c) That he was the first designated hitter inducted into the Hall of Fame.
(d) That he is the oldest living Chicago Cub.
14. What is Moonlight Graham's first name?
15. Why is Annie nervous when Ray first comes home from his road trip with Salinger?
(a) Mark has just foreclosed on the house that day.
(b) Ray now has a scar and looks like his twin brother.
(c) Annie thinks Ray had an affair while on his trip.
(d) Karin has run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Archie Graham play when Shoeless Joe asks him to be on the field?
2. What did Doc Graham always buy his wife?
3. Ray leaves JD Salinger alone in the hotel room and goes for a walk. How does Ray come across Doc Graham?
4. When there is no action on the field, how many days does Ray ask Graham, Salinger and Scissons to stay?
5. What kind of car does Ray drive?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)