|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", Salinger gives a speech. Complete the following sentence: "I don't have to tell you that the one constant through all the years has been _____________."
2. In "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", what did Eddie sell to Mark?
(a) A tractor.
(b) An autographed baseball.
(c) Ray's mortgage.
(d) Shoeless Joe's cleats.
3. JD Salinger begins to tell strangers his identity. What is their general reaction?
(a) They either don't know who he is or confuse him for other writers.
(b) JD keeps his identity secret.
(c) They immediately tell their friends to come quickly to meet a living legend.
(d) They accuse him of lying.
4. What does Ray pull from his wallet to give to JD Salinger?
(a) Moonlight Graham's baseball card.
(b) A picture of Ray's baseball field.
(c) A fan letter written to Salinger.
(d) All of the words the voice has spoken to him written down on paper.
5. What is Ray and Richard's relationship?
(a) Twin brothers.
6. Ray leaves JD Salinger alone in the hotel room and goes for a walk. How does Ray come across Doc Graham?
(a) Moonlight Graham appears like a ghost from Ray's field.
(b) Ray somehow time travelled.
(c) Doc Graham somehow time travelled.
(d) He never leaves the hotel room, it's all a dream.
7. How does Ray get through the locked door?
(a) He climbs through a window.
(b) He breaks the lock by kicking it.
(c) He picks the lock by hand.
(d) He climbs over the fence.
8. What is the name of the hitch-hiker Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
(a) Ray Salinger.
(b) Joseph Graham.
(c) Archie Graham.
(d) Jerry Kinsella.
9. What did Doc Graham always buy his wife?
(a) White gloves.
(b) Blue hats.
(c) Blue dresses.
(d) Red scarves.
10. Why is Annie nervous when Ray first comes home from his road trip with Salinger?
(a) Ray now has a scar and looks like his twin brother.
(b) Annie thinks Ray had an affair while on his trip.
(c) Karin has run away.
(d) Mark has just foreclosed on the house that day.
11. When there is no action on the field, how many days does Ray ask Graham, Salinger and Scissons to stay?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 9 days.
12. What is the relationship between Ray, Richard and the catcher for the White Sox?
(a) The catcher is Richard and Ray's brother.
(b) The catcher is Richard and Ray's cousin.
(c) The catcher is Richard and Ray's father.
(d) The cather is Richard and Ray's college roommate.
13. While playing baseball, Eddie was on a team that did what?
(a) Hit five homeruns in a row.
(b) Won the world series.
(c) Pitched back to back perfect games.
(d) Turned a triple play.
14. What is Moonlight Graham's first name?
15. After Ray returns from his road trip with Salinger, why is Richard in town?
(a) Ray's mother died and Richard is giving him the news.
(b) Richard heard the voice telling him to visit.
(c) Richard works for a carnival that has stopped in town.
(d) Annie invited Richard to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Moonlight Graham's first at bat on Ray's field?
2. Why does a banker call Eddie Scissons about Ray's mortgage payments?
3. Having arrived in Moonlight Graham's town, what medical condition does Ray believe he and Salinger had contracted?
4. How did Moonlight Graham get that nickname?
5. As they reach Iowa, what does Ray tell JD Salinger they need to pick up?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)