|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Ray treat with reverence as he touches it?
(a) A turnstile from the Polo Grounds.
(b) An original manuscript of Salinger's.
(c) Black Betty; Shoeless Joe's bat.
(d) A baseball hit by Willie Mays.
2. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
(a) If he never met his wife.
(b) If he never got to play at all in the majors.
(c) If he lived in a different town.
(d) If he had only been a doctor for five minutes.
3. What does Ray expect to find in the Iowa City library after Eddie's funeral?
(a) Eddie's will giving Ray full ownership of the farm.
(b) A cash deposit box with enough money to pay off the mortgage.
(c) Shoeless Joe's baseball card.
(d) Eddie's details in the Baseball Encyclopedia.
4. In a flashback, Ray remembers the first time he met Eddie Scissons. Where did he meet him?
(b) St. Pauls.
(c) Iowa City.
5. What business office do Ray and JD Salinger first visit to investigate Moonlight Graham?
(a) The TV station.
(b) A tavern.
(c) The local newspaper.
(d) The mining museum.
6. Having arrived in Moonlight Graham's town, what medical condition does Ray believe he and Salinger had contracted?
(a) Post-fantasy depression.
(b) Restless leg syndrome.
7. What card game are Salinger, Scisssons and Graham playing when the players return?
(c) Go Fish.
8. Ray calls Annie from their brief stay at a motel. What does Annie tell Ray?
(a) That there hasn't been a baseball game since he left.
(b) That the corn is crowning.
(c) The Mark is trying to buy the farm.
(d) That Karin lost her first tooth.
9. Ray leaves JD Salinger alone in the hotel room and goes for a walk. How does Ray come across Doc Graham?
(a) Ray somehow time travelled.
(b) Moonlight Graham appears like a ghost from Ray's field.
(c) Doc Graham somehow time travelled.
(d) He never leaves the hotel room, it's all a dream.
10. What is the name of the hitch-hiker Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
(a) Archie Graham.
(b) Ray Salinger.
(c) Joseph Graham.
(d) Jerry Kinsella.
11. When there is no action on the field, how many days does Ray ask Graham, Salinger and Scissons to stay?
(a) One week.
(b) 9 days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) 10 days.
12. What is Eddie Scissons' claim to fame?
(a) That he was the last person to bat at the Polo Grounds.
(b) That he was the first designated hitter inducted into the Hall of Fame.
(c) That he is the oldest living Chicago Cub.
(d) That he used to play baseball with Shoeless Joe.
13. What kind of car does Ray drive?
(a) A Datsun.
(b) A Dodge.
(c) A Toyota.
(d) A Chevrolet.
14. Who does the announcer say is the White Sox catcher?
(a) Johnny Kinsella.
(b) Babe Ruth.
(c) Yogi Berra.
(d) Johnny Bench.
15. Why does a banker call Eddie Scissons about Ray's mortgage payments?
(a) Ray was asking for a loan for a tractor to mow the baseball field.
(b) Ray had gone bankrupt while on his road trip.
(c) Ray was asking for a loan to build new bleachers for the field.
(d) Mark was trying to pressure Annie into selling the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Moonlight Graham come to bat in the majors?
2. What signals to Salinger, Scissons, and Ray that the baseball players have returned?
3. In The Oldest Living Chicago Cub, why is Mark so desperate to buy Ray's farm?
4. Where does Moonlight Graham go after the game he plays in for the White Sox on Ray's field is over?
5. What happens in Moonlight Graham's first at bat on Ray's field?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)