|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ray leaves JD Salinger alone in the hotel room and goes for a walk. How does Ray come across Doc Graham?
(a) He never leaves the hotel room, it's all a dream.
(b) Ray somehow time travelled.
(c) Doc Graham somehow time travelled.
(d) Moonlight Graham appears like a ghost from Ray's field.
2. During the argument in "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub" between Mark and Ray, what is revealed about Eddie Scissons?
(a) Eddie is scizophrinic.
(b) Eddie Scissons never owned the farm.
(c) Scissons never played for the Chicago Cubs.
(d) The real Eddie Scissons died fifteen years ago.
3. In The Oldest Living Chicago Cub, why is Mark so desperate to buy Ray's farm?
(a) Ray's farm is the only section that hasn't sold to Ray and his partners.
(b) Mark wants to help Annie's family.
(c) Mark wants to punish Ray for embarressing him.
(d) Ray's farm has the best view of the river.
4. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
(a) "Start writing again."
(b) "Bottle the moonlight."
(c) "Fulfill the dream."
(d) Nothing, he only heard "Go the distance."
5. Ray calls Annie from their brief stay at a motel. What does Annie tell Ray?
(a) That the corn is crowning.
(b) The Mark is trying to buy the farm.
(c) That there hasn't been a baseball game since he left.
(d) That Karin lost her first tooth.
6. What object does Ray treat with reverence as he touches it?
(a) Black Betty; Shoeless Joe's bat.
(b) A baseball hit by Willie Mays.
(c) A turnstile from the Polo Grounds.
(d) An original manuscript of Salinger's.
7. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
(a) If he never got to play at all in the majors.
(b) If he lived in a different town.
(c) If he never met his wife.
(d) If he had only been a doctor for five minutes.
8. Having found out about the life of Dr. Graham, why can't JD Salinger return home to New Hampshire?
(a) He heard another message from the voice.
(b) He wants to see Ray's field for himself.
(c) He wants to move from New Hampshire to Iowa.
(d) Ray has kidnapped him and won't let him leave.
9. What question is on the bottom of the form the Baseball Hall of Fame sends to every player who has ever played in the Major Leagues?
(a) If you could choose any team, which team would you have liked to have played for?
(b) What will you tell your kids about your time playing baseball?
(c) If you had to do it all over again, would you play professional baseball?
(d) What was your favorite part about playing in the majors?
10. How does Ray get through the locked door?
(a) He picks the lock by hand.
(b) He breaks the lock by kicking it.
(c) He climbs over the fence.
(d) He climbs through a window.
11. Who saves Karin as she is choking on a hot dog bun?
(a) Moonlight Graham.
(c) Shoeless Joe.
12. When there is no action on the field, how many days does Ray ask Graham, Salinger and Scissons to stay?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 10 days.
13. JD Salinger begins to tell strangers his identity. What is their general reaction?
(a) JD keeps his identity secret.
(b) They accuse him of lying.
(c) They either don't know who he is or confuse him for other writers.
(d) They immediately tell their friends to come quickly to meet a living legend.
14. Where does Moonlight Graham go after the game he plays in for the White Sox on Ray's field is over?
(a) Into town to stay the night.
(b) Through the gate in center field.
(c) He sleeps on the field.
(d) Back into Ray's farmhouse.
15. What happens in Moonlight Graham's first at bat on Ray's field?
(a) He hits a homerun.
(b) He hits a single.
(c) He reaches on an error.
(d) He flies out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Eddie have in his coffee?
2. As they reach Iowa, what does Ray tell JD Salinger they need to pick up?
3. After seeing the baseball game for the first time, what does Salinger offer Ray?
4. What is the title of the article about Dr. Graham?
5. What did Doc Graham always buy his wife?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)