|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Oldest Living Chicago Cub.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Ray treat with reverence as he touches it?
(a) Black Betty; Shoeless Joe's bat.
(b) An original manuscript of Salinger's.
(c) A turnstile from the Polo Grounds.
(d) A baseball hit by Willie Mays.
2. The first time Shoeless Joe arrives on the field, who is the first one to greet him?
(a) Annie and Ray.
(b) Ray, Annie, and Karin.
(c) No one; he disappears before anyone approaches.
3. In "They Tore Down the Polo Grounds in 1964", we learn about a member of Ray's family. Who is this person?
(a) A sister named Abigail.
(b) A twin brother named Richard.
(c) A cousin also named Ray.
(d) An older brother named Matthew.
4. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
(a) "Fulfill the dream."
(b) "Bottle the moonlight."
(c) Nothing, he only heard "Go the distance."
(d) "Start writing again."
5. Having arrived in Moonlight Graham's town, what medical condition does Ray believe he and Salinger had contracted?
(b) Restless leg syndrome.
(d) Post-fantasy depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doc Graham asks Ray if he is what kind of inanimate object?
2. Where do Ray and JD Salinger plan to stop on their way from Chisholm to Iowa?
3. In a flashback, Ray remembers the first time he met Eddie Scissons. Where did he meet him?
4. With what title does Moonlight Graham sign a questionnaire?
5. What happens while Ray is having dinner at a Greek diner?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)