|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Life and Times of Moonlight Graham.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shoeless Joe instructs Ray to finish a part of the field so that which player can appear?
(a) Buck Weaver.
(b) Eddie Cicotte.
(c) Chick Gandil.
(d) Ray's father.
2. In the beginning of the book, how does Ray prevent his grass from being ruined in a freeze?
(a) By spraying water on it to freeze it.
(b) By keeping the floodlights on to keep it above freezing.
(c) By mowing it in the middle of the night to knock the frost off.
(d) Trick question! The turf is ruined by a freeze.
3. As he approaches New Hampshire, Ray has a flashback to a lecture he once heard about JD Salinger. Who is giving the lecture?
(a) An un-named teacher.
(b) His brother in law, Mark.
(c) His father, John.
(d) A professor of his from Iowa State.
4. What is the voice's second message?
(a) "Find the book."
(b) "Go the distance."
(c) "Ease his pain."
(d) "Finish the field."
5. What does Ray pull from his wallet to give to JD Salinger?
(a) A picture of Ray's baseball field.
(b) All of the words the voice has spoken to him written down on paper.
(c) A fan letter written to Salinger.
(d) Moonlight Graham's baseball card.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ray, which position player can teach you everything you need to know about a game?
2. What business office do Ray and JD Salinger first visit to investigate Moonlight Graham?
3. Who first notices Shoeless Joe when he appears on the field?
4. What was Doc Graham's wife's name?
5. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)