|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shoeless Joe Jackson Comes to Iowa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a famous baseball writer describe Shoeless Joe Jackson and a piece of his equipment?
(a) He runs too fast for his shoes to stay on.
(b) His bat cracks like Zues' lightning.
(c) His glove is the place where triples go to die.
(d) His eyes never met a pitch he couldn't hit.
2. How long does it take Ray to achieve the right turf?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) One summer.
(d) Two years.
3. What compliment does Shoeless Joe give Ray about the field?
(a) This grass is just like it is in Comiskey Park.
(b) This is the softest grass my feet have ever felt.
(c) The ball bounces true.
(d) This is the greenest grass I have ever seen.
4. After returning from the war, which team does Ray's father quickly learn to love?
(a) New York Yankees.
(b) Chicago Cubs.
(c) Chicago White Sox.
(d) New York Giants.
5. What sound startles Ray as he watches the first game on the field?
(a) The crack of a bat as he was busy watching Shoeless Joe.
(b) A screen door slamming shut.
(c) A scream of a wild animal.
(d) The ball ricocheting against the outfield wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first notices Shoeless Joe when he appears on the field?
2. As the first game comes to an end, what does Shoeless Joe ask Ray?
3. Where around the field does Ray sit to watch Shoeless Joe play for the first time?
4. What does Shoeless Joe watch for during a game?
5. Which baseball team does both Ray and his father loathe?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)