|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shoeless Joe Jackson Comes to Iowa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ray go to learn more about taking care of a baseball field?
(a) Iowa City.
(c) New York.
2. Who does Ray suggest could play with Shoeless Joe and the others?
(a) Ty Cobb.
(b) Babe Ruth.
(c) Lou Gherig.
(d) His father.
3. At the end if of the first game, Shoeless Joe mentions "the others." Who is he referring to?
(a) Other players banned from baseball.
(b) Other Hall of Fame players.
(c) Other players from Iowa.
(d) Other All-Star players.
4. In the beginning of the book, how does Ray prevent his grass from being ruined in a freeze?
(a) By mowing it in the middle of the night to knock the frost off.
(b) By spraying water on it to freeze it.
(c) By keeping the floodlights on to keep it above freezing.
(d) Trick question! The turf is ruined by a freeze.
5. Where does Ray's father settle after returning from World War I?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Ray to watch the first game?
2. How long does it take Ray to achieve the right turf?
3. What does the voice first tell Ray in the beginning of the novel?
4. What compliment does Shoeless Joe give Ray about the field?
5. What does Ray say is his astrological sign?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)