|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shoeless Joe Jackson Comes to Iowa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is something different between Ray's field and others he played on during his life. What is it?
(a) The field has lights.
(b) The outfield fence is much higher.
(c) The shape of the outfield is different.
(d) The type of bats.
2. How does a famous baseball writer describe Shoeless Joe Jackson and a piece of his equipment?
(a) His bat cracks like Zues' lightning.
(b) His eyes never met a pitch he couldn't hit.
(c) He runs too fast for his shoes to stay on.
(d) His glove is the place where triples go to die.
3. How long does it take Ray to achieve the right turf?
(a) One year.
(b) One summer.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
4. Ray describes what article of clothing as being "painted on" Annie's skin?
(a) A small cross.
(b) An Iowa State sweatshirt.
(c) Tennis shoes.
(d) Blue jeans.
5. Where does Ray go to learn more about taking care of a baseball field?
(a) New York.
(b) Iowa City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees "Shoeless" Joe Jackson play baseball while he is still alive?
2. How many times does Ray hear the voice's first instructions?
3. Where does Ray's father settle after returning from World War I?
4. Where around the field does Ray sit to watch Shoeless Joe play for the first time?
5. According to Ray, which position player can teach you everything you need to know about a game?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)