|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shoeless Joe Jackson Comes to Iowa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is Shoeless Joe seen playing in a "tenth rate commercial league"?
(a) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
2. What does the voice first tell Ray in the beginning of the novel?
(a) "Ease his pain."
(b) "If you build it, he will come."
(c) "Go the distance."
(d) "Build a baseball field."
3. In the beginning of the book, how does Ray prevent his grass from being ruined in a freeze?
(a) Trick question! The turf is ruined by a freeze.
(b) By spraying water on it to freeze it.
(c) By keeping the floodlights on to keep it above freezing.
(d) By mowing it in the middle of the night to knock the frost off.
4. When Shoeless Joe first talks with Ray, how does he describe being banned from baseball?
(a) Like having a part of him amputated.
(b) Like losing a child.
(c) Like being in war.
(d) Like dying.
5. Who joins Ray to watch the first game?
(b) Ray's dog.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Shoeless Joe talks about playing in the major leagues, Ray remembers falling in love with the land of Iowa. What is his memory of?
2. Which baseball team does both Ray and his father loathe?
3. After returning from the war, which team does Ray's father quickly learn to love?
4. Who first notices Shoeless Joe when he appears on the field?
5. How many times does Ray hear the voice's first instructions?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)