|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through They Tore Down the Polo Grounds in 1964.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous baseball player picked Shoeless Joe as the greatest left fielder of all time?
(a) Ty Cobb.
(b) Willie Mays.
(c) Mickey Mantle.
(d) Babe Ruth.
2. What could JD Salinger write an article about that would make its members weep with pride?
(a) A yacht club.
(b) A country club located near Fenway Park.
(c) A restaurant across the street from the ball park.
(d) A church they drove past on their drive.
3. Who hears the second message from the voice?
(a) Only Ray.
(b) Ray and Shoeless Joe.
(c) Ray and Karin.
(d) Ray and Annie.
4. After returning from the war, which team does Ray's father quickly learn to love?
(a) New York Giants.
(b) Chicago Cubs.
(c) Chicago White Sox.
(d) New York Yankees.
5. What does Shoeless Joe watch for during a game?
(a) The batter's feet.
(b) The sign from the catcher.
(c) The pitcher's arm.
(d) The angle of the batter's bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ray believe J.D. Salinger lives?
2. Where does Ray go to learn more about taking care of a baseball field?
3. What is the voice's second message?
4. Who does Ray suggest could play with Shoeless Joe and the others?
5. As Shoeless Joe talks about playing in the major leagues, Ray remembers falling in love with the land of Iowa. What is his memory of?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)