|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through They Tore Down the Polo Grounds in 1964.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sees "Shoeless" Joe Jackson play baseball while he is still alive?
(d) Ray's Father.
2. What position did Ray's father play in the minor leagues?
(a) First base.
(c) Left field.
3. Ray believes the second message from the voice refers to J.D. Salinger. What is J.D. Salinger famous for?
(a) Baseball player.
(b) Baseball manager.
4. In the first game, why can't Ray see other players' faces?
(a) They don't have faces.
(b) They are turned the wrong way.
(c) The field isn't completed.
(d) They are too far away.
5. How does a famous baseball writer describe Shoeless Joe Jackson and a piece of his equipment?
(a) He runs too fast for his shoes to stay on.
(b) His bat cracks like Zues' lightning.
(c) His eyes never met a pitch he couldn't hit.
(d) His glove is the place where triples go to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third message Ray hears from the voice?
2. What name does Ray call Annie when he continuously looks out his window to see if new players have arrived?
3. What does Mark do for a living?
4. Who is Mark?
5. What happens as Ray leaves his seat at the game in "They Tore Down the Polo Grounds in 1964"?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)