|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through They Tore Down the Polo Grounds in 1964.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second section of the field that Ray completes?
(a) The pitcher's mound.
(b) The Dugout.
(c) Center field.
(d) Home plate.
2. What does the voice first tell Ray in the beginning of the novel?
(a) "If you build it, he will come."
(b) "Ease his pain."
(c) "Go the distance."
(d) "Build a baseball field."
3. In the first game, why can't Ray see other players' faces?
(a) They are too far away.
(b) They are turned the wrong way.
(c) They don't have faces.
(d) The field isn't completed.
4. What name does Ray call Annie when he continuously looks out his window to see if new players have arrived?
(b) Alice in Wonderland.
(d) Little Miss Muffet.
5. Ray has another flash back to a confrontation with Mark. How does Mark tease Ray about his finances?
(a) He jokes that a baseball knows more about farming than Ray does.
(b) He says that Ray could afford his farm if he was a better farmer.
(c) He teases Mark about his inability to play softball despite having his own baseball field.
(d) He jokes that Ray will find diamonds in his field.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he approaches New Hampshire, Ray has a flashback to a lecture he once heard about JD Salinger. Who is giving the lecture?
2. The first time Shoeless Joe arrives on the field, who is the first one to greet him?
3. In "They Tore Down the Polo Grounds in 1964", we learn about a member of Ray's family. Who is this person?
4. What is the voice's second message?
5. At the end if of the first game, Shoeless Joe mentions "the others." Who is he referring to?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)