|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Life and Times of Moonlight Graham.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ray try to avoid at the end of "Shoeless Joe Jackson Comes To Iowa"?
(a) Talking to his wife about the experience.
(b) Stepping onto the field.
(c) Eye contact with Shoeless Joe.
(d) Breaking Shoeless Joe's concentration.
2. How does a famous baseball writer describe Shoeless Joe Jackson and a piece of his equipment?
(a) He runs too fast for his shoes to stay on.
(b) His glove is the place where triples go to die.
(c) His eyes never met a pitch he couldn't hit.
(d) His bat cracks like Zues' lightning.
3. In his second vision, what professional baseball park is Ray seated in?
(a) Fenway Park in Boston.
(b) Yankee Stadium in New York.
(c) Comiskey Park in Chicago.
(d) The Polo Grounds in New York.
4. As Shoeless Joe talks about playing in the major leagues, Ray remembers falling in love with the land of Iowa. What is his memory of?
(a) Eating a meal with food he grew himself.
(b) His first harvest.
(c) Planting corn for the first time.
(d) Planting a garden for Annie.
5. What is the title of the article about Dr. Graham?
(a) "A Player On A Field Of Dreams."
(b) "A Ball Player For A Moment, A Doctor Forever."
(c) "His Was A Life Of Greatness."
(d) "Magic Of The Moonlight."
Short Answer Questions
1. Ray brings up a dream that JD Salinger once described, what was it?
2. How does Ray determine what year it is as he is talking with Doc Graham?
3. Where does Ray's father settle after returning from World War I?
4. How many times did Moonlight Graham come to bat in the majors?
5. Where did Moonlight Graham grow up?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)