|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Oldest Living Chicago Cub.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does JD Salinger ask Ray to call him?
2. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
(a) "Start writing again."
(b) "Bottle the moonlight."
(c) Nothing, he only heard "Go the distance."
(d) "Fulfill the dream."
3. What happens while Ray is having dinner at a Greek diner?
(a) There is a hold-up in the restaurant.
(b) Ray gets a phone call from Annie.
(c) A kitchen fire erupts forcing the restaurant to evacuate.
(d) He hears another message from the voice.
4. As he approaches New Hampshire, Ray has a flashback to a lecture he once heard about JD Salinger. Who is giving the lecture?
(a) His brother in law, Mark.
(b) A professor of his from Iowa State.
(c) His father, John.
(d) An un-named teacher.
5. What name does Ray call Annie when he continuously looks out his window to see if new players have arrived?
(a) Little Miss Muffet.
(c) Alice in Wonderland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eddie Scissons wearing when he dies?
2. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
3. What does JD Salinger describe writers as?
4. What is the second section of the field that Ray completes?
5. In "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", what did Eddie sell to Mark?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)