|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Oldest Living Chicago Cub.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he approaches New Hampshire, Ray has a flashback to a lecture he once heard about JD Salinger. Who is giving the lecture?
(a) His brother in law, Mark.
(b) His father, John.
(c) An un-named teacher.
(d) A professor of his from Iowa State.
2. Ray believes the second message from the voice refers to J.D. Salinger. What is J.D. Salinger famous for?
(b) Baseball player.
(c) Baseball manager.
3. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
(a) "Start writing again."
(b) "Bottle the moonlight."
(c) "Fulfill the dream."
(d) Nothing, he only heard "Go the distance."
4. Who does the announcer say is the White Sox catcher?
(a) Yogi Berra.
(b) Johnny Bench.
(c) Babe Ruth.
(d) Johnny Kinsella.
5. What did Doc Graham always buy his wife?
(a) Red scarves.
(b) White gloves.
(c) Blue hats.
(d) Blue dresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", Salinger gives a speech. Complete the following sentence: "I don't have to tell you that the one constant through all the years has been _____________."
2. Why does a banker call Eddie Scissons about Ray's mortgage payments?
3. What does JD Salinger describe writers as?
4. How does Ray get through the locked door?
5. What is Moonlight Graham's first name?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)