|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yuki meet Isamu?
(a) At the college library.
(b) During an art exhibit.
(c) In a biology classroom.
(d) Outside of the boardinghouse.
2. As Hideki studies the sketch of Yuki holding a bouquet of daisies, what thought strikes him?
(a) He has never seen these sketches.
(b) He cannot remember the last time Yuki smiled.
(c) Yuki looks very much like Shizuko, her mother.
(d) Yuki has grown up into a strong woman.
3. In Chapter 16, what does Masa find on the window screen of the house?
(a) A white cicada.
(b) A tiny caterpillar.
(c) A purple butterfly.
(d) A young frog.
4. Why is Hideki going to allow Yuki to attend her Aunt Aya's wedding?
(a) Yuki will break things in the house if she is not allowed to go.
(b) Hideki owes Aya a favor for taking care of Yuki for a year.
(c) Hideki is still good friends with Aya, despite the past.
(d) Hanae would like Yuki out of the house for a few days.
5. In Chapter 10, why is Yuki unable to sleep the night Mr. Kimura visits the house?
(a) She is worried about a swimming competition.
(b) She cannot stop thinking about divorce.
(c) She feels ill from the sandwich she had for dinner.
(d) She can hear Mr. Kimura and Shizuko talking too loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yuki want to go to a college far away from her house?
2. In Chapter 12, what is the first item of clothing that Yuki takes out of the boxes?
3. What emotions does Hideki feel after Yuki leaves for Nagasaki?
4. How does Yuki feel about public speaking?
5. What is one of Takeo's best memories?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)