|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why does Yuki become a vegetarian?
(a) There are few meats that Yuki can withstand eating, so she gives it up entirely.
(b) One who eats something should be able to kill it, and Yuki cannot kill anything.
(c) There is no reason to kill something that could otherwise live.
(d) Lately, Yuki has become ill due to eating bad meat.
2. Why does Aya want Yuki to come to her wedding?
(a) Yuki is the reason Aya met her husband-to-be, Mr. Kimura.
(b) Yuki should see how a proper wedding looks.
(c) Aya has a special present that she would like to give Yuki.
(d) Mr. Kimura requested that Yuki come to the wedding.
3. In Chapter 11, how has Yuki's grandfather changed since she last saw him?
(a) He smiles more often.
(b) He is in a wheelchair.
(c) He does not speak to anyone.
(d) He is slower to speak and move.
4. In Chapter 14, what does Masa believe about becoming an artist?
(a) Artists must work hard to find inspiration.
(b) Artists are lazy people who do not have real work.
(c) The only good type of art is painting.
(d) The great artists do not need college, and neither does Yuki.
5. What reason does Yuki give her teacher for not wanting to dissect a frog?
(a) She is afraid to cut the frog open and find out what is inside of it.
(b) Frogs are innocent creatures.
(c) It is not right to take things apart when one already knows what is inside of them.
(d) She is squeamish and will become sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuki do with the kimonos that Masa allows her to take?
2. Who gives Yuki the letter from her Aunt Aya in the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What lesson does Yuki fail to learn from her grandfather?
4. How does Yuki spend her lunch recess at school in Chapter 9?
5. How do some of Yuki's friends in homemaking class fix their poor sewing?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)