|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuki tell Hideki and Hanae before leaving for Nagasaki?
(a) She will be writing every month to Hideki.
(b) She feels nothing but disdain for them.
(c) She does not think she will ever come back.
(d) She is going to become a famous artist.
2. Why does Yuki repack all of the boxes in the attic and leave them behind?
(a) Yuki decides she cannot hold onto the past.
(b) Shizuko cannot be summed up in a few material possessions.
(c) Yuki cannot afford to ship any of these items to her new home.
(d) The many years of neglect have ruined Shizuko's things.
3. At the end of Chapter 15, why does Yuki ask Isamu to meet her in the park?
(a) Isamu forgot his camera and Yuki is going to return it.
(b) Yuki is going to tell Isamu that they cannot be together.
(c) The park is a good place for taking pictures.
(d) Yuki is ready to be happy and embrace love.
4. At the end of Chapter 14, where does Yuki go to take a break?
(a) The restroom.
(b) A lounge.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The street outside.
5. What emotions does Hideki feel after Yuki leaves for Nagasaki?
(a) Longing and sadness.
(b) Pride and affection.
(c) Displeasure and anger.
(d) Guilt, annoyance, and relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the leaves that Yuki collects for her class?
2. In Yuki's memories, who teaches her about the constellations in the sky?
3. How does Shizuko help the golden carp as a schoolgirl?
4. What does Mr. Kimura teach when he meets Yuki in Chapter 10?
5. What does Mr. Kimura bring Yuki when he joins her outside in Chapter 11?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)