|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 10, what does Yuki believe Shizuko would have wished for if given the chance?
(a) A good future for Yuki.
(b) A house with Mr. Kimura.
(c) Money to pay off family debts.
(d) Someone to love.
2. At the end of Chapter 9, what is Yuki's reaction to what she has done with the dead frogs?
(a) She smiles.
(b) She becomes ill.
(c) She feels ashamed.
(d) She becomes angry with herself.
3. What are the first items from Shizuko's storage boxes that Hideki burns in Chapter 13?
(a) Kimonos and handkerchiefs.
(b) Watercolor paintings from Yuki's childhood.
(c) Sketches of the mountains.
(d) Folders filled with papers and photographs.
4. Why does Yuki repack all of the boxes in the attic and leave them behind?
(a) Shizuko cannot be summed up in a few material possessions.
(b) Yuki cannot afford to ship any of these items to her new home.
(c) The many years of neglect have ruined Shizuko's things.
(d) Yuki decides she cannot hold onto the past.
5. What color are the leaves that Yuki collects for her class?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Yuki, what emotion does love bring in the end?
2. How do some of Yuki's friends in homemaking class fix their poor sewing?
3. In Chapter 13, when Hideki notes that there is much to be said for great love and loyalty, whose love and loyalty does he refer to?
4. Why does Miss Sakaki send someone to collect leaves outside?
5. According to Hanae in Chapter 13, what do the neighbors believe about Yuki's departure?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)