|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 Silent Spring (March 1975).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is introduced in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Sachiko decide she does not want to call the boy on the train?
(a) She already has a boyfriend.
(b) She would not call a boy she does not know.
(c) She thinks he is dangerous.
(d) She thinks her mother would disapprove.
3. What does Hideki decide to do with Shizuko's sketchbook in Chapter 13?
(a) Hide it so that he may look at the pages later.
(b) Burn it before anyone can see the sketches inside.
(c) Send it to Yuki's new residence in Nagasaki.
(d) Mail it to Aya.
4. In Chapter 14, what does Etsuko do with the flowers that Masa gives her?
(a) Sends a bouquet to Yuki.
(b) Creates beautiful table placements for Masa.
(c) Replants the flowers in the backyard garden.
(d) Weaves wreaths and basket decorations to sell.
5. According to Masa, what was Yuki like as a young child?
(a) Loving and caring.
(b) Quiet and moody.
(c) Careful and timid.
(d) Cheerful and talkative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Kimura teach when he meets Yuki in Chapter 10?
2. While Yuki runs with Sachiko, she remembers an argument with her mother. How did that argument end?
3. In Chapter 15, how does Hideki discover that Takeo has died?
4. Which fruit does Yuki offer to pick while at her grandparents' home?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Shizuko tell ten-year-old Yuki about divorced families?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)