|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 Silent Spring (March 1975).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hideki going to allow Yuki to attend her Aunt Aya's wedding?
(a) Yuki will break things in the house if she is not allowed to go.
(b) Hideki is still good friends with Aya, despite the past.
(c) Hanae would like Yuki out of the house for a few days.
(d) Hideki owes Aya a favor for taking care of Yuki for a year.
2. What emotions does Hideki feel after Yuki leaves for Nagasaki?
(a) Guilt, annoyance, and relief.
(b) Longing and sadness.
(c) Displeasure and anger.
(d) Pride and affection.
3. What does Yuki offer to do when she speaks to Shizuko on the phone in Chapter 1?
(a) Come home immediately and fix supper.
(b) Apologize for starting a fight at baseball practice.
(c) Pay her piano teacher.
(d) Collect cherry blossoms for a wreath.
4. Which fruit does Yuki offer to pick while at her grandparents' home?
5. In Chapter 11, how has Yuki's grandfather changed since she last saw him?
(a) He smiles more often.
(b) He is in a wheelchair.
(c) He is slower to speak and move.
(d) He does not speak to anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Yuki give her teacher for not wanting to dissect a frog?
2. While Yuki runs with Sachiko, she remembers an argument with her mother. How did that argument end?
3. As Yuki lies down to bed, what is she trying to imagine?
4. How do some of Yuki's friends in homemaking class fix their poor sewing?
5. Why is Shizuko impressed by Yuki?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)