|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 Ã‚â€“ Winter Sky (February 1975).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 13, what flowers does Hideki recall giving to Shizuko as an apology for a quarrel?
(c) Hydrangea flowers.
2. In Yuki's memories, who teaches her about the constellations in the sky?
3. Why is Hideki going to allow Yuki to attend her Aunt Aya's wedding?
(a) Yuki will break things in the house if she is not allowed to go.
(b) Hideki owes Aya a favor for taking care of Yuki for a year.
(c) Hanae would like Yuki out of the house for a few days.
(d) Hideki is still good friends with Aya, despite the past.
4. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Yuki believe she is leaving behind as she moves to Nagasaki?
(a) Empty spaces.
(b) Memories of Shizuko.
(c) The only place Yuki calls home.
(d) The garden Shizuko loved.
5. What is Yuki's school grade level in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rearranged furniture to prepare for the wake?
2. How does Yuki spend her lunch recess at school in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 4, which room in the house has not changed since Yuki's stepmother moved in?
4. How long is the speech on Monet's painting that Yuki recalls giving during Chapter 12?
5. What is Etsuko preparing in the kitchen that Yuki will be unable to eat?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)