|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 Ã‚â€“ Winter Sky (February 1975).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yuki want to go to a college far away from her house?
(a) The admissions process is easier.
(b) Yuki would like to settle in a new, exciting area.
(c) There are no good colleges in the local area.
(d) Yuki wants to move away from her father and stepmother.
2. Why is Hideki going to allow Yuki to attend her Aunt Aya's wedding?
(a) Yuki will break things in the house if she is not allowed to go.
(b) Hanae would like Yuki out of the house for a few days.
(c) Hideki is still good friends with Aya, despite the past.
(d) Hideki owes Aya a favor for taking care of Yuki for a year.
3. In Chapter 6, why has Sachiko decided not to go out for cross-country?
(a) She wants to take up horseback riding.
(b) She is playing the lead role in a school play and must rehearse daily.
(c) She is tutoring other students after school.
(d) She needs to help her mother with housework after school.
4. How has Yuki spent her summer Sundays?
(a) Competing in chess championships.
(b) Shopping with her stepmother.
(c) Running with Sachiko.
(d) Watching movies.
5. Why does Aya want Yuki to come to her wedding?
(a) Aya has a special present that she would like to give Yuki.
(b) Yuki should see how a proper wedding looks.
(c) Yuki is the reason Aya met her husband-to-be, Mr. Kimura.
(d) Mr. Kimura requested that Yuki come to the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Select the character below who says, "Promise me you'll stay out of trouble from now on."
2. Who rearranged furniture to prepare for the wake?
3. What does the smell of formaldehyde remind Yuki of in Chapter 9?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does Yuki wait until midnight to sneak into the attic?
5. While Yuki runs with Sachiko, she remembers an argument with her mother. How did that argument end?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)