|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 Ã‚â€“ Winter Sky (February 1975).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Yuki's memories, who teaches her about the constellations in the sky?
2. What is Etsuko preparing in the kitchen that Yuki will be unable to eat?
(a) Clams in their shells.
(c) Boiled quail eggs.
3. What is Yuki's first response when she discovers her mother unconscious?
(a) Yuki walks to the living room and plays her mother's favorite song on the piano.
(b) Yuki drops her books, turns off the gas, and calls her father at work.
(c) Yuki runs to the neighbor's house to get help.
(d) Yuki cries and collapses onto the floor.
4. Where is Yuki in Chapter 1?
(a) A village celebration.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) Miss Uozumi's house.
5. Which fruit does Yuki offer to pick while at her grandparents' home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hideki think they should lie about the way her mother died?
2. How does it make Hanae feel when she receives compliments from others about Yuki?
3. In Chapter 12, how does Yuki use the time given to her for a speech about Monet's painting?
4. According to Yuki in Chapter 12, what will Hanae do with the things Yuki leaves behind?
5. Which items does Hanae remove from Yuki's room in Chapter 8?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)