|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 Ã‚â€“ Winter Sky (February 1975).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how does Yuki offend her grandparents during dinner?
(a) She shows a lack of respect to her father and stepmother.
(b) She is rude to her grandfather.
(c) She ignores Mr. Kimura the entire meal.
(d) She does not have proper table manners.
2. Select the character below who says, "I don't care. I can take care of myself. I'm not afraid of anything."
3. In Chapter 4, which room in the house has not changed since Yuki's stepmother moved in?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The living room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Yuki's room.
4. What does Sachiko invite Yuki to do at the track meet?
(a) Plant azaleas.
(b) Go shopping at the mall.
(c) Go watch a movie.
(d) Meet in a park and run together.
5. According to Yuki, what does Hideki think about clothes and makeup?
(a) He does not care that much about clothes and makeup.
(b) He cannot stand the sight of a woman in makeup.
(c) He used to tell Shizuko to wear more makeup and nicer clothes.
(d) He thinks women look bad without makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuki wish that she had said to Sachiko and Mrs. Murai about the way her mother died?
2. Why does Hanae decide to keep the persimmon teapot in the kitchen?
3. How does Hideki behave toward Yuki following Shizuko's death?
4. When Yuki runs in the track meet in Chapter 5, what does she think about?
5. As Yuki recovers from her sprained ankle in Chapter 9, what does she draw in her sketchbook?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)